Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 04:06 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,880,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Do you see an 'American town' in Saudi Arabia, or in Tokyo, JP? Don't think so, try again.
We're not discussing emigration to Saudi Arabia or Japan, except maybe in your own head.

Try again.

Old 11-25-2018, 04:12 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,633,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamson520 View Post
We're not discussing emigration to Saudi Arabia or Japan, except maybe in your own head.

Try again.
You bought up Chinatown and I'm making a comparison, don't back track.

Old 11-25-2018, 04:18 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,643,139 times
Quote:
Do you see an 'American town' in Saudi Arabia, or in Tokyo, JP? Don't think so, try again.
I get the feeling that you’re not exactly well-traveled. There are communities of expats all over the world where they embrace their home cultures and customs. Your argument is null and ignorant.

Old 11-25-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
I get the feeling that you’re not exactly well-traveled. There are communities of expats all over the world where they embrace their home cultures and customs. Your argument is null and ignorant.
I've traveled to several different countries in the past such as Japan, Australia, Singapore, Canada, Philippines, etc while serving in the military. The only one that's adopted some US culture is the Philippines due to the fact that it was once a US territory. You sir, don't know what you're talking about but like to spout non-sense.

Old 11-25-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
I've traveled to several different countries in the past such as Japan, Australia, Singapore, Canada, Philippines, etc while serving in the military. The only one that's adopted some US culture is the Philippines due to the fact that it was once a US territory. You sir, don't know what you're talking about but like to spout non-sense.
Thank you for your service, but either you didn't step foot off the base to explore on your own, or you walked around with blinders on. What exactly is "non-sense (sic)" about my point? That expats don't tend to live near one another and continue to embrace their home traditions? When you were living abroad did you suddenly stop speaking English? The point that you're trying to make is one that is easily proven to be false. No one moves to a foreign country and removes all identity of their homeland and we (sane people) don't expect immigrants to do so either.

Old 11-25-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Thank you for your service, but either you didn't step foot off the base to explore on your own, or you walked around with blinders on. What exactly is "non-sense (sic)" about my point? That expats don't tend to live near one another and continue to embrace their home traditions? When you were living abroad did you suddenly stop speaking English? The point that you're trying to make is one that is easily proven to be false. No one moves to a foreign country and removes all identity of their homeland and we (sane people) don't expect immigrants to do so either.
I don't agree, why would a person not adopt their new country if they moved there in the first place? You learn the language, adopt the culture and assimilate. If I were to migrate to Japan, I'd sure as heck learn Japanese and their way of life before making the jump. There wouldn't be a need to speak English in that country and I sure would remove most of my homeland identity if not put to the back burner.

Old 11-25-2018, 04:47 PM

Quote:
I don't agree, why would a person not adopt their new country if they moved there in the first place? You learn the language, adopt the culture and assimilate. If I were to migrate to Japan, I'd sure as heck learn Japanese and their way of life before making the jump. There wouldn't be a need to speak English in that country and I sure would remove most of my homeland identity if not put to the back burner.
Right. You’d never eat another burger, mutter another word of English, cook a turkey for Thanksgiving, etc. Sure. There’s nothing wrong with keeping traditions alive. If your stupid argument got its way, we’d have no pizza, tacos or scotch. Thankfully, it’s asinine.

Old 11-25-2018, 06:13 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Election is over and the dust has settled so it's time to close this thread. Thanks to all for participating.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona