U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Arizona legalize prostitution/brothels?
Yes 75 58.14%
No 48 37.21%
Statewide 11 8.53%
Rural counties only 4 3.10%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 05:48 AM

7 posts, read 3,710 times

Advertisements

nice!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2018, 09:19 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,185,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
What about the message that a woman's worth comes from cleaning a motel room toilet, for example? Can't that cause great shame? Why are you not against that sort of a degrading job? How can cleaning up strangers' urine and pubic hairs not affect their self worth?

Your argument only has merit if prohibiting prostitution eliminates it. It does not. Therefore, your pro-criminalization stance is baseless. As for the moral high-ground that you think that you're taking, either you are for making all demoralizing jobs illegal or none. Cherry-picking certain ones is just you meddling and pushing your views on others' decision making abilities.
No, I don't agree with you. Willingly cleaning a hotel room is much different than willingly prostituting oneself. Your argument is based on your views as certain occupations been below your feelings of ideal employment. Cleaning rooms is apparently beneath you, but sleeping someone for money isn't. I don't know about all women, but being a woman myself... I'd rather clean rooms than let numerous men use my body for pleasure in exchange for money.

I once saw a photo a sleazy ex-boyfriend showed me. A woman was sitting on the shoulder of a man with the number 274 written on his chest in the background was a line of naked men ready for their turn. She looked exhausted and sweaty and vacant. I am sure she did this for money and I am pretty sure she is not proud of herself either.

Also, I was in a nightclub once and a man wearing gold with bodyguards (drug cartel) propositioned me with $1000 for the evening...I walked away wondering what it was about me that encouraged him to even approach me thinking he had a chance. It devalued me and I did nothing. Can you see how it may affect women?

And...legalizing prostitution would increase child sex trafficking...one bad thing leads to another.

Can we agree to disagree.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:29 AM

13,519 posts, read 7,728,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingbad View Post
No, I don't agree with you. Willingly cleaning a hotel room is much different than willingly prostituting oneself. Your argument is based on your views as certain occupations been below your feelings of ideal employment. Cleaning rooms is apparently beneath you, but sleeping someone for money isn't. I don't know about all women, but being a woman myself... I'd rather clean rooms than let numerous men use my body for pleasure in exchange for money.
And you are guilty of the same...

Your view is based on the idea that a consenting prostitute is beneath you. The difference is that you wish to remove the choice a person makes to work as a prostitute while that poster doesn't wish to remove the choice of cleaning tiolets for a living.

Your view and bias built on the assumption that people have the same views on sex as you do. That is ok.. we all carry biases but we should at least attempt to acknowledge them.

I personally think putting two humans in a ring to pummel and beat the crap out of each other risking life, limb, brain damage all for the entertainment of others is disgusting. But I recognize my personal tastes/biases. I accept that it is their choice and would not wish to impose or ban those individuals' choices.

Nothing Is more sacred nor important than choice and dominion over self and body. It should be protected and laws like this simple send the message out that women are to be protected from themselves.... At the expense of dominion over their own self and body.

Furthermore, trafficking exists in other labor types.... Nanny, hospitality services, agriculture, nail salons, food services etc... If one thing leads to another, as you say, then we should also ban those labor types as well...???

Ps. I think is interesting that you formed your view based on an encounter with a drug dealer.. Furthermore even somehow knew he was a drug dealer/cartel. This is no different from saying all police officers are corrupt based on the actions of one encounter. Prostitutes and their customers also encompass regular people you would have never suspected.. Living their daily lives just like everyone else. They are not all the addicts, trafficked, drug dealer, pimp nor the like....

Last edited by usayit; 12-10-2018 at 07:56 AM..

Old 02-15-2019, 10:25 AM

3,117 posts, read 3,404,427 times
This article only further solidifies my position on legalization. 2 consenting adults should be able to do what they want in a non-aggression matter without government interference.

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-no...C9riuU2EOOErOY

Old 02-15-2019, 09:21 PM

7,111 posts, read 10,372,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
This article only further solidifies my position on legalization. 2 consenting adults should be able to do what they want in a non-aggression matter without government interference.

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-no...C9riuU2EOOErOY
Also, it's senseless for operation of a brothel to be a felony in the eyes of the law, while participating in an act of prostitution is barely a misdemeanor. Either way, it shouldn't be a crime at all since it involves two consenting adults. Law enforcement should stick to nabbing the real menaces of society: murderers, rapists, arsonists, thieves, molesters, etc.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:53 AM

26 posts, read 23,484 times
Quote:
Of course it should. Let adults make their own choices. If you think your orange boy will do anything on this front, you don’t realize how necessary the bible-thumper’s support is to him. Don’t get your hopes up.

Not for nothing, but I just read a thread where you largely went after another member because they slandered the women in congress who wore white at the state of the union address. Now you're calling the President "orange boy" and referring to some Christians as "bible-thumpers." Ironic.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:03 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,396,683 times
Yes, legalize.

Two consenting adults can choose.

Americans are very sexually repressed.

Old 02-26-2019, 12:16 PM

115 posts, read 71,526 times
Funny seeing this thread after this past weekend, where Robert Kraft got caught up in a sting in Florida. If more wealthy people were getting in trouble, maybe it would motivate changes in the law.

Old 03-02-2019, 10:22 AM

4,344 posts, read 1,817,773 times
What's the difference between selling one's body for money (prostitution) and selling one's power for money (campaign contributions)? Both have a lot in common

Old 03-04-2019, 12:53 AM

1,331 posts, read 638,902 times
Quote:
Of course it should. Let adults make their own choices. If you think your orange boy will do anything on this front, you don’t realize how necessary the bible-thumper’s support is to him. Don’t get your hopes up.
Haven't you learned from your party that debasing someone because of the hue of their epidermis is nonsensical and, well, rather immature ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona