U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Would you like a moving ban on the State of Arizona?
Yes, I would like one effective immediately. 1 100.00%
No, I don’t think it’s necessary. 0 0%
Not right now but maybe in the future if it gets too crazy. 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-09-2019, 04:00 PM
 
Location: Arizona
85 posts, read 53,755 times
Reputation: 114

Advertisements

What would you say to one? I like the idea. I feel like we have enough people here and we should just stop all the inbound movers and tell them to go somewhere else. That way we won’t have to worry about running short on resources and can just settle with our current population of 7.2 million people.

I know that you might not agree with me and that’s okay. But be polite and feel free to comment. Okey dokey smokey turkey?
Rate this post positively

 
Old 06-09-2019, 04:03 PM
 
8,361 posts, read 14,382,788 times
Reputation: 9819
Of course this is absolutely absurd, but how would you propose that this be enforced?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-09-2019, 04:06 PM
 
Location: Arizona
85 posts, read 53,755 times
Reputation: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Of course this is absolutely absurd, but how would you propose that this be enforced?
Oh I know it is. It’s just an idea I like. I just feel like there’s too many people moving here at once which has caused a huge demand in housing and I’ve seen a lot of new units being built but a lot of them don’t look very safe. Like those all wood apartments, yeah I would not want to live in that.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-09-2019, 04:13 PM
 
8,361 posts, read 14,382,788 times
Reputation: 9819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caves19 View Post
Oh I know it is. It’s just an idea I like. I just feel like there’s too many people moving here at once which has caused a huge demand in housing and I’ve seen a lot of new units being built but a lot of them don’t look very safe. Like those all wood apartments, yeah I would not want to live in that.
Unsafe apartments buildings? What are you talking about? Most structures here are wood frame buildings. We do have building codes, you know? Do you have an example of a building collapsing due to it's wood frame that's causing your fear? You seem to have quite the wild imagination! So again, how would this wild idea be executed?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-09-2019, 04:16 PM
 
Location: Arizona
85 posts, read 53,755 times
Reputation: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Unsafe apartments buildings? What are you talking about? Most structures here are wood frame buildings. We do have building codes, you know? Do you have an example of a building collapsing due to it's wood frame that's causing your fear? You seem to have quite the wild imagination! So again, how would this wild idea be executed?
Not so much collapsing but what if an apartments unit catches on fire. If one unit goes up how long will it take for the whole building! I’m talking about new housing developments being built around ASU, Tempe, phoenix. I don’t know if you have seen them or not but they look so dangerous.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-09-2019, 04:20 PM
 
8,361 posts, read 14,382,788 times
Reputation: 9819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caves19 View Post
Not so much collapsing but what if an apartments unit catches on fire. If one unit goes up how long will it take for the whole building! I’m talking about new housing developments being built around ASU, Tempe, phoenix. I don’t know if you have seen them or not but they look so dangerous.
Do you not realize that that is what's inside of most buildings here? It gets covered up with stucco, etc. You probably live in one just like that. Seems like an odd angle to use to support this ban of yours.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-09-2019, 04:23 PM
 
Location: Arizona
85 posts, read 53,755 times
Reputation: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Do you not realize that that is what's inside of most buildings here? It gets covered up with stucco, etc. You probably live in one just like that. Seems like an odd angle to use to support this ban of yours.
No mine is brick.

I’m just so tired of all these people moving here you know? Doesn’t it drive you crazy at all? Like the heavier commutes and stuff like that?

We fled Chicago because all of the people and now I may need to flee the state of Arizona. Also with all these people moving here, it might become more expensive.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-09-2019, 04:27 PM
 
7,893 posts, read 5,565,747 times
Reputation: 7650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caves19 View Post
No mine is brick.

I’m just so tired of all these people moving here you know? Doesn’t it drive you crazy at all? Like the heavier commutes and stuff like that?

We fled Chicago because all of the people and now I may need to flee the state of Arizona. Also with all these people moving here, it might become more expensive.
How hypocritical of you
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-09-2019, 04:29 PM
 
Location: Arizona
85 posts, read 53,755 times
Reputation: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
How hypocritical of you
What?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-09-2019, 04:31 PM
 
7,893 posts, read 5,565,747 times
Reputation: 7650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caves19 View Post
What?
“I move here but others can’t!”
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top