Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2019, 09:10 PM

2 posts, read 2,098 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of relocating to kingman or near that area from Colorado. Just can't do the winters any more. We also own a BBQ concession trailer and was just wondering if this area needs something like our trailer. And how hard is it to find someplace to live. We do have our 5th wheel we could live in. What is is like around this area.

Thank you in advance for any info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2019, 09:12 AM

402 posts, read 612,385 times
Anything west of Prescott is a wasteland. Make sure you visit first.

Old 11-30-2019, 11:33 AM

555 posts, read 595,469 times
You REALLY have to visit the area to see what it's like. Fly to Las Vegas, rent a car, and drive the 90 miles to Kingman. That's what we did. The scenery is high desert; rugged and desolate but it has its own beauty. Not much around there except the Hualapai mountains, Laughlin/Bullhead City, and Lake Mead and Vegas. I thought it was a little too small for me but maybe you'd like it.

Old 12-02-2019, 11:36 AM

2 posts, read 2,098 times
Thank you for the info. We are planning on visiting first and if we like it we will look for a place. I live outside of town now and never lived in a big city so small town works for me.

Old 12-05-2019, 05:52 PM

344 posts, read 642,890 times
I was born in Colorado, Sterling, lived in South Dakota when my Dad was wounded in the Big War. We lived in Hot Springs for my 1-6th grade. I grew up Freezing. The VA moved my Dad to the Southwest first Las Cruces (I loved it.) Then Tucson, I really love it. Now after 24 years in the Army (Infantry) I live in Sierra Vista sort of medium High Desert. I'm wearing shorts today but snow on the Huachuca Mountains.
So Northern Arizona in the Flagstaff throufh the Reservations is as cold as Colorado. I married a Flagstaff girl and taught in Kayenta for several years. I had sworn when we left South Dakota I would never freeze again. My high school years were wonderful in Tucson. Then I enlisted and volunteered for Berlin when the Russians were getting ready to attack, I found myself in a foxhole on Christmas Day 1961, dug in the Forrest around Berlin. Freezing again.
So Prescott or the other towns in the High Desert should be as high an altitude as you should go. We don't even go back to Flag to see relatives we meet in Rock Point instead.

Old 12-06-2019, 07:15 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,697,014 times
I have a lifelong friend that lives there. He lives there in retirement because it's cheaper than where he came from.
He does complain that it gets a little warm in the summer for him and windy at times.
I looked up the average monthly weather for you and here it is:

Once there just click on the graph, it's easier to read

https://www.google.com/search?q=king...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Old 12-11-2019, 06:22 PM

54 posts, read 68,500 times
I lived in Kingman for over 10 years. I found the climate pleasant, compared to the cold Northeast. But...... because of the elevation, you`ll still have some winter weather. It`s gone down to 9 degrees a couple of times when I lived there, and they got a 15 inch snowstorm last winter. Still much warmer than Colorado, and it does hit 70 sometimes in wintertime. But again...... 110 plus in the summer in not out of the ordinary. Dry heat goes away during the monsoon (July-Sep), but usually there are breaks in it for several days.

Old 12-14-2019, 04:47 PM

26 posts, read 26,439 times
i have been looking at kingman or Bullhead City in hopes the summers were not as brutal as tucson. where a lot of days over 110 F this past summer. seems like between 100F & 110 F for the cooler days. and the heat stayed later. but reading some of the posts makes me think there's not much different in Kingman during summer just a colder winter. i'm looking for cooler summer temps mostly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona