Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 01:47 PM

24,577 posts, read 26,133,940 times

Advertisements

McSally introduces bill that would pay Americans to take a vacation. The Arizona Republican introduced the American TRIP Act Monday that would give each American a $4,000 tax credit to take a trip. The vacation credit, retroactive to Jan. 1, would increase to $8,000 for joint tax filers plus an additional $500 for dependent children.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen...ake-a-vacation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2020, 01:50 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,703,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
McSally introduces bill that would pay Americans to take a vacation. The Arizona Republican introduced the American TRIP Act Monday that would give each American a $4,000 tax credit to take a trip. The vacation credit, retroactive to Jan. 1, would increase to $8,000 for joint tax filers plus an additional $500 for dependent children.

Desperation does some crazy things...

Old 06-23-2020, 06:09 PM

7,836 posts, read 4,592,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
This is tremendous!!!

I've already looked. It appears you could fly to Honolulu to Pago Pago (American Samoa), get a receipt for the IRS visiting the National Park of American Samoa (the least visited park in the US National Park system), hop over to Australia or New Zealand (not on the taxpayer dime) for a couple of weeks on the cheap. Go back to Pago Pago and resume the trip tax deductible with another stop in Hawaii and back home. A $25K-$30K trip at a considerable discount.

Martha I love you. (However I still won't vote for you...)

Old 06-24-2020, 10:16 AM

51,171 posts, read 24,630,842 times
Quote:

One of the dumbest ideas I ever heard.

Old 06-24-2020, 10:20 AM

6,131 posts, read 8,015,075 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
She can do that but not support pre-existing conditions.

What a loser.

Old 06-24-2020, 10:45 AM

2,775 posts, read 5,746,893 times
Quote:

I said it going back to the Sinema race, McSally is a terrible campaigner/politician. She must have either no advisers or the weakest/dumbest people on staff to allow her to put this forward thinking it's a good idea.

Old 06-24-2020, 02:42 PM

24,577 posts, read 26,133,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
This is tremendous!!!

I've already looked. It appears you could fly to Honolulu to Pago Pago (American Samoa), get a receipt for the IRS visiting the National Park of American Samoa (the least visited park in the US National Park system), hop over to Australia or New Zealand (not on the taxpayer dime) for a couple of weeks on the cheap. Go back to Pago Pago and resume the trip tax deductible with another stop in Hawaii and back home. A $25K-$30K trip at a considerable discount.

Martha I love you. (However I still won't vote for you...)
Don't forget you have a mandatory 14 day quarantine if you plan spend any time in HI.

Old 06-24-2020, 03:53 PM

7,836 posts, read 4,592,400 times
Quote:
Don't forget you have a mandatory 14 day quarantine if you plan spend any time in HI.
Thanks. Looked up the rules and it says: "The period of self-quarantine begins from the time of entry into the State and lasts 14 days or the duration of the person’s time in Hawaii, whichever is shorter." So passing through to Pago Pago shouldn't be an issue, just the return leg if I choose to hang for a bit. I'm sure American Samoa has it's own rules and regs too as does Australia and New Zealand.

I'm not going to spend too much time at this point digging in deep since it's pretty unlikely McSally's bill will get any traction, but I am going to keep my sneakers laced up just in case. Might be the only time in my life that I can travel on the government's dime like a Senator.

Old 06-24-2020, 07:25 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,995,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
I said it going back to the Sinema race, McSally is a terrible campaigner/politician. She must have either no advisers or the weakest/dumbest people on staff to allow her to put this forward thinking it's a good idea.
Her new ads are also cringey. She clearly listened to people who say her appearance is off putting, but her weird forced smile and tons of make up is also weird. It’s like she forgot how to person

Old 06-25-2020, 04:04 PM

6,187 posts, read 2,800,096 times
All I get is the stupid Kelly supports china ads from her proxies so old and tired if that's the best she has then she best pack her bags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona