Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2020, 12:55 PM

44,654 posts, read 61,707,500 times

Advertisements

Most of those Kelly China photos look to be photo shopped. A Trump trick.
Kelly would be a better fit than McSalad. BTW McSalad has financial interests in China just like Trump so they're like calling the kettle black as the pot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2020, 01:46 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,367,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I think you've sort of missed the point. Your rhetoric does more harm to your cause than you imagine.
Rhetoric or no rhetoric, with this statement under your name it's quite obvious who you'd vote for:
Quote:
"A subtle racist is still a racist. GOP is D=m/v."
Could it be that you're a Democrat? Democrats always play the race card. I think YOU'VE sort of missed the point. YOUR rhetoric does more harm to YOUR cause than you imagine. Especially when you make false claims that Mark Kelly is not a gun grabber. Or ignore legitimate news stories about Kelly's business interests in China.

Last edited by Ex New Yorker; 06-06-2020 at 02:00 PM..

Old 06-06-2020, 02:15 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,734,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Most of those Kelly China photos look to be photo shopped. A Trump trick.
Kelly would be a better fit than McSalad. BTW McSalad has financial interests in China just like Trump so they're like calling the kettle black as the pot.

Where did you see that?

Old 06-06-2020, 02:50 PM

6,128 posts, read 2,750,440 times
Mark Kelly bests incumbent Republican Sen. Martha McSally by a 50-37 percent margin among Arizona registered voters via Fox News. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox...in-senate-race

In a Republican friendly state like AZ those numbers are atrocious Even Sinema never got those kind of numbers.

Either way I'm happy for Kelly and hope he wins big.

Old 06-06-2020, 05:35 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,973,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueguy58 View Post
Mark Kelly bests incumbent Republican Sen. Martha McSally by a 50-37 percent margin among Arizona registered voters via Fox News. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox...in-senate-race

In a Republican friendly state like AZ those numbers are atrocious Even Sinema never got those kind of numbers.

Either way I'm happy for Kelly and hope he wins big.
If the last two elections have shown us anything, it’s Arizona voters vote for moderates and will vote for moderate democrats. The days of running on wedge issues like guns and immigration seem to be waning. McSally, and her campaign, just doesn’t get it and it’s why she’s gonna lose again. She’s doubling down on the Trump rhetoric (moderator: I said Trump but it’s about McSally’s use of his rhetoric...ok? Hopefully everybody can see that’s a local issue), which didn’t work last time either.

Also, Kelly, too close to to China ad? Huh?

Old 06-06-2020, 06:06 PM

Ward or Arpaio running against Kelly would of been a much more interesting race

Old 06-06-2020, 07:21 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,664,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueguy58 View Post
Ward or Arpaio running against Kelly would of been a much more interesting race
So if a trump bootlicker can’t do it, why not throw a convicted criminal and a religious zealot into the mix? You really couldn’t have come up with any worse competition than those two. No one on the right is willing to separate themselves from trump and that’s the problem. Pandering to the lowest common denominator will prove to be a losing strategy. I think this election will prove that Arizonans aren’t buying it.

Old 06-06-2020, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
So if a trump bootlicker can’t do it, why not throw a convicted criminal and a religious zealot into the mix? You really couldn’t have come up with any worse competition than those two. No one on the right is willing to separate themselves from trump and that’s the problem. Pandering to the lowest common denominator will prove to be a losing strategy. I think this election will prove that Arizonans aren’t buying it.
I was being sarcastic with my statement about how awful the Republican candidates have been lately.

Old 06-07-2020, 12:33 AM

44,654 posts, read 61,707,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
Where did you see that?
https://www.azmirror.com/2020/05/21/...vestments-too/
...but incumbent Sen. Martha McSally also had investments tied to Chinese companies.
According to her most recent financial disclosure form, which she filed with the U.S. Senate in August 2019, McSally was invested in mutual funds that invest in Chinese companies or bonds issued by China’s communist government. Among those companies is the technology company Tencent, which invested in Kelly’s World View Enterprises and has become the focal point of GOP attacks against the presumptive Democratic nominee.

Old 06-07-2020, 11:36 AM

2,775 posts, read 5,734,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
https://www.azmirror.com/2020/05/21/...vestments-too/
...but incumbent Sen. Martha McSally also had investments tied to Chinese companies.
According to her most recent financial disclosure form, which she filed with the U.S. Senate in August 2019, McSally was invested in mutual funds that invest in Chinese companies or bonds issued by China’s communist government. Among those companies is the technology company Tencent, which invested in Kelly’s World View Enterprises and has become the focal point of GOP attacks against the presumptive Democratic nominee.
I'm no fan of McSally (if you care to you can go back as far as my posts during the Sinema race) but that's ridiculous.
Chinese holdings in an international mutual fund (which Kelly has more than McSally according to the article) vs supposedly small direct Chicomm investments in a company owned (partly) by Kelly with DoD connections? Not even close.
Of course McSally is going to use this. She has no choice. Kelly should be able to swat this away with ease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona