Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 09:16 PM

354 posts, read 415,175 times

Advertisements

It is not only "old" people like me who are dying, there are people dying in all age groups.

Go ahead and break the law, you will be fined $2500 and/or serve 6 months of jail time.

We witnessed what happened in NYC. Talk to a family who lost 3 to 5 family members. Talk to the Doctors, nurses and other health care workers who see first hand what this disease is capable of doing to your body.

A woman in Phoenix came down with this virus, following all the protocol and she came down with the virus. She went to her pharmacy to pick up her medication and she signed for it using her finger, the virus was on the signature pad.
She almost died.

A person who defies the rules and laws might not realize through their selfish ways will bring harm to others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2020, 09:19 PM

2,774 posts, read 902,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
This is living in fear. Afraid that you’re being lied to and that there is some ploy to scam you. That’s fear.

Staying home/using contagion mitigation practices is simply good sense. I’m no more afraid of this than I am of getting in a car accident every time I drive. I still wear a seatbelt though.
Who is providing the information? The MSM. Do you believe everything the MSM says?

Old 04-29-2020, 09:24 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,645,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
Who is providing the information? The MSM. Do you believe everything the MSM says?
Providing what information? That you’re the one living in fear? That’s my own summation based on your rant that you’re being lied to and that there’s some conspiracy trying to play you.

Old 04-29-2020, 09:59 PM

525 posts, read 539,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
The gutless Gov. Ducey has done it again. I've done living in fear. There is no valid reason to extend this. There is so much damage being done to the economy and people's mental health. Sad that he has caved to the PC crowd.
Wouldn't matter if Ducey opened everything up. People are still fearful and the majority are going to dictate when everything opens up.

Old 04-29-2020, 10:03 PM

525 posts, read 539,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Of course it's about politics. Pushing it to the 15th gives Ducey cover he needs. Doesn't matter what he actually believes... the 15th is the safe play.

By this date my feeling is much of the country will look to reopen.

Five weeks ago I saw my Gilbert renters and the neighborhood was outside playing games with their kids. Next I saw teachers from the local elementary school drive by in a cavern and wave. Everyone was so pleased and proud. "We all in this Together" was the vibe.

Last week I was at the house again and while I was there asked the renter when were her kids going back. She didn't know but the sooner the better as far as she was concerned..
Ducey kinda of blathered on today, but I personally thinks he wants to see what this testing "blitz" does. If they test 90,000 people (which I doubt they will hit those numbers but what do I know?) and very few people come back with Covid-19 then he will have the data to back up re-opening.

Old 04-29-2020, 10:25 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,278,272 times
Depending on what it is you people want to do that are missing out on "life", it has been almost 4 to almost 6 weeks. you can still go out and golf, go to the grocery store, hardware store, convenience store, liquor stores are still open to get your favorite adult beverage and if that's not enough you can get a to-go cocktail at your favorite bar. All you're asked to do is stay home most of the time, enjoy your pool if you have one, watch Netflix or Amazon or play video games or board games or online games with your real life friends. You can cook an amazing meal or order takeout or delivery from almost any restaurant. It has been only 4-6 weeks and people are spazzing out saying they can't "live", yet the only argument I'm seeing is that these people just want to get their hair done.

Old 04-29-2020, 10:48 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,645,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Depending on what it is you people want to do that are missing out on "life", it has been almost 4 to almost 6 weeks. you can still go out and golf, go to the grocery store, hardware store, convenience store, liquor stores are still open to get your favorite adult beverage and if that's not enough you can get a to-go cocktail at your favorite bar. All you're asked to do is stay home most of the time, enjoy your pool if you have one, watch Netflix or Amazon or play video games or board games or online games with your real life friends. You can cook an amazing meal or order takeout or delivery from almost any restaurant. It has been only 4-6 weeks and people are spazzing out saying they can't "live", yet the only argument I'm seeing is that these people just want to get their hair done.
Exactly. People getting all “ma liburties” over some split ends and hang nails.

Last edited by DetroitN8V; 04-29-2020 at 11:35 PM..

Old 04-29-2020, 10:59 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,726,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
This is living in fear. Afraid that you’re being lied to and that there is some ploy to scam you. That’s fear.

Staying home/using contagion mitigation practices is simply good sense. I’m no more afraid of this than I am of getting in a car accident every time I drive. I still wear a seatbelt though.
Great point. There is no fear in following the science of what's happening with this pandemic.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:04 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,726,483 times
To the OP, you may feel like you're being scammed, but I don't. I am glad the governor is taking a more cautious approach to this. I know the economy and people's lives have been disrupted but if there's another spike in deaths and infections that would not be good either. I certainly understand wanting to get back to "normal" again, but I believe this has fundamentally changed our world, sort of like 9-11 did. Some things may go back to what they were, but other things may be gone for good.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:19 PM

990 posts, read 2,557,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post

That's all true.

BUT.... can you pay your rent, your mortgage, your car payment, your power bill, your insurance etc..

All those little thing that have to be paid.

I wish our biggest problem was finding a video game.

The Mayor shut down Phoenix in mid March.... No job, no money... April Mortgage payments missed.

In less than two days... still no job... May mortgage payment missed.

They are hoping..... MAYBE reopening the city in Mid-May... with two weeks worth of work.... June mortgage payment missed...

End result.... Foreclosure.

This is playing itself out all over the state, and the nation.

It is real.

There was a study a few years ago that said something like 60% of the household in America were one set of car tires away from being insolvent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona