U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 05:35 PM

3 posts, read 1,562 times

Advertisements

Well, if you have not moved yet, I think you should consider Rio Rico, AZ. It is a great place to live. There are rural areas that will provide you with space along with exceptional views. I have been here since 2018 and just love it. Plus Tucson is only about 35 to 40 minutes away. Sahuarita, AZ as well as Tubac, AZ are also very nice. But homes in Rio Rico are still very affordable. By all means, check it out!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2020, 06:20 PM

112 posts, read 65,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Hate to say it but Arizona is likely to have two democrat senators after November and with the way things are changing here a Democrat governor next time around is a possibility.

How about Utah? Southern Utah has similar weather to Northern Arizona and they won't be turning blue anytime soon.
I second this suggestion. I don't know about Utah's water situation, but in Arizona it's an ongoing issue and I think it will get worse as Phoenix's population grows. It's one of the many reasons we left.

Another poster mentioned that it might be difficult to find 100+ acres for sale in Arizona, because much of the land is government-owned, or quickly gobbled up by developers. I would have to agree.

Old 07-19-2020, 06:32 PM

112 posts, read 65,167 times
Default North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveSRQ View Post
I love Payson. Your description of the Internet Trunk going down is interesting/scary. I know I have to give up a lot to be able to have the land I want and I am pretty flexible with that.

Florida is so crowded, turning so blue, so expensive, terrible taxes, noisy etc. I'll give you an example. I live 6 miles from a Walmart. There have been times that it took me 1.5 hrs to get there. 1 hr means I am making really good time. Between tourists crossing the road to get to the beach, stopping for the Trolley, stopping for buses, stopping for tourists looking for parking, stopping for tourists that step into traffic because they assume people will see them and stop for them.....The construction that never ends, daily lawnmowers, weed whackers, chain saws, fire trucks, ambulances, helicopters, jets, etc. So with all that I have dealt with, I am willing to travel for Internet!
You should consider North Carolina. Our governor stinks, but most everyone knows it and we'll be voting him out in November. There are liberal pockets (Asheville, Charlotte/Mecklenburg County, Durham), but there are plenty of conservative, family and freedom oriented people in this state. We moved here in 2019 from Arizona and our quality of life improved so much. My garden is thriving! There is land to buy out here--and it's beautiful.

Old 07-20-2020, 07:07 AM

152 posts, read 52,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Why wouldn't that Hughes satellite internet work for you almost anywhere?
It probably would. I will have to look into that. Thanks!

Old 07-20-2020, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Savage View Post
Look at the Lake Powell, Page area. I really liked it the couple of times I have been there, want to go again, Now.
I have never been to that area. If I get back to AZ then I will put that on my list for sure. I am wanting to see what happens with the next elections before I decide. [mod cut - political rhetoric]

Last edited by VTsnowbird; 07-20-2020 at 10:11 AM..

Old 07-20-2020, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Ybarrondo View Post
Well, if you have not moved yet, I think you should consider Rio Rico, AZ. It is a great place to live. There are rural areas that will provide you with space along with exceptional views. I have been here since 2018 and just love it. Plus Tucson is only about 35 to 40 minutes away. Sahuarita, AZ as well as Tubac, AZ are also very nice. But homes in Rio Rico are still very affordable. By all means, check it out!
Thank you for your comment. I am not familiar with that are so I will have to put it on my list to check out. Thanks!

Old 07-25-2020, 12:37 PM

146 posts, read 112,992 times
I agree rent for awhile in an area before buying. Colorado might be a good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona