Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 01:49 PM

3,610 posts, read 1,205,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartIrish View Post
Yes, there are some central Phoenix ZIP codes that are quite blue, but if you are looking at counties, the most liberal are Pima County (Tucson) and Coconino County (Flagstaff). I'd add Bisbee as an individual city.
I think Santa Cruz County leans more liberal, too.

Old 08-12-2020, 04:56 PM

4,069 posts, read 5,144,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoorno View Post
OP here. I didn't mean to start a brouhaha. i should have given more context. I've seen article after article about Arizona being a swing state this year and I was thinking about the geographic dynamics at play. Some swing states are a mixed bag, and some are red states with blue hot spots, etc. Sometimes it is college towns that are the tipping point, sometimes it is population demographics (age, tec) and imported residents from other states.

Didn't mean to offend. Just trying to understand the dynamics. We have a brand new Wildcat (Bear Down!) moving to AZ on Monday, so we have been reading lots of AZ news.
You'll see a mixed bag of both. Tucson (Home of the Mildcats (FORKS UP)), Flagstaff (NAU) and Central Phoenix/Tempe (ASU) tend to lean more blue. The suburbs are a toss up but tend to lean red. I would say Prescott is starting to lean blue as are a number of smaller towns (Bisbee, Jerome, Sedona, etc.)

Republicans still outnumber Democrats in the state as a whole but there is a big block of "Other" that used to sit between them but has been bumped to 3rd as more Democrats move in. Pretty much why we are a "swing state" now, neither of the Majors can count on a solid prediction when it comes to AZ

https://azsos.gov/sites/default/file...20_Primary.pdf

Anyway...you want the more "liberal" areas of AZ...just going off those Registration numbers should give you a good idea.

Old 08-14-2020, 06:28 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartIrish View Post
I'd add Bisbee as an individual city.
https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nat...wns-in-america

Old 08-14-2020, 06:48 AM

1,691 posts, read 1,271,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
"Think there is one liberal on my block here "....do they dress a particular way, color of knee socks perhaps ? Drive a Subaru Outback....maybe they have facial hair ? What makes you suspect there is a liberal in your midst ? Just curious, so I can be on the lookout.

Regards
Gemstone1
I can usually spot a liberal man very easily. I won't get into it on here because I will probably be banned, but it's quite easy.

Old 08-14-2020, 06:58 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,957,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
I can usually spot a liberal man very easily. I won't get into it on here because I will probably be banned, but it's quite easy.
It’s not hard to put 2 and 2 together. Conservative people are easy to spot as well.

Old 08-14-2020, 08:42 AM

27 posts, read 35,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post

This is interesting. I'm liberal (progressive, really) and I do not remotely identify with hippies. Most liberals/progressive I know do not either. I would be miserable in a hippie town. I think it's interesting that others think "hippies" when they think liberal.

Old 08-14-2020, 09:03 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,631,909 times
How do you identify conservative or liberal men/women based on their clothing without any clear giveaways?

Old 08-14-2020, 09:26 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoorno View Post
This is interesting. I'm liberal (progressive, really) and I do not remotely identify with hippies. Most liberals/progressive I know do not either. I would be miserable in a hippie town. I think it's interesting that others think "hippies" when they think liberal.
It popped up when I googled liberal AZ cities.

I understand most hippies are liberals, but most liberals are not hippies. Many liberals I know tend to bathe frequently. Hippies..................

Old 08-14-2020, 12:11 PM

4,069 posts, read 5,144,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
How do you identify conservative or liberal men/women based on their clothing without any clear giveaways?
I'm pretty easy to spot...usually all the Grunt Style t-shirts.

Old 08-14-2020, 12:19 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,641,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
I'm pretty easy to spot...usually all the Grunt Style t-shirts.
I make fun of my buddy for wearing those. He's a cop and a huge gun nut, but also hates Trump with a passion, so you never know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona