Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2020, 12:06 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,942,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPlorer48 View Post
You have some very irresponsible and impractical ideas.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/neva...h-between.html
I change my mind on this area. I award Holbrook, AZ as my final decision. Let's get to work...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2020, 08:09 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,470,404 times
So have you ever been to Holbrook? Not anywhere on my top 20 cities to live in around Arizona.

Old 08-19-2020, 08:34 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,089,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltchan View Post
There is plenty of water. Flagstaff, AZ mountain area and surrounding can transport water. Holbrook, AZ is also not too far away from Show Low, AZ and Snowflake, AZ, both of them continue to be fast-growing cities, also with lots of water, but I don't see any benefits with Show Low and Snowflake, since they're not on freeway 40 directly.
Stay away from the Snowflake and Show Low areas. There's nothing to see here. We are the most terribleâ„¢ part of Arizona, the most terribleâ„¢ state in the U.S. Nothing but over powerful LDS and tweakers.

Old 08-19-2020, 09:16 AM

4,069 posts, read 5,139,473 times
You also seem to be missing the fact that Holbrook is sitting well inside the borders of the Hopi Reservation. I don't think they would take to kindly to any expansion of the city.

And to suggest Show Low and Snowflake are fast growing cities? Really?

Old 08-19-2020, 11:18 AM

2,773 posts, read 5,722,192 times
You guys are ruining the OP's dream! He's not going to let you in on the ground floor of this awesome investment opportunity!

Old 08-19-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Stay away from the Snowflake and Show Low areas. There's nothing to see here. We are the most terribleâ„¢ part of Arizona, the most terribleâ„¢ state in the U.S. Nothing but over powerful LDS and tweakers.
Holbrook, AZ will be guaranteed more diverse population and progressive-feel, which it already is since beginning. Navajo Indian people residing up north can move down to Holbrook newer homes area. Tech jobs from California can come in. It should share close connections with Flagstaff, AZ, already a Liberal city in Arizona, but with more affordable housing and open-land.

Old 08-19-2020, 11:25 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,721,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
You guys are ruining the OP's dream! He's not going to let you in on the ground floor of this awesome investment opportunity!
That may be, but they're also providing some serious laughs for me over here! You guys are hilarious!

Old 08-19-2020, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
You also seem to be missing the fact that Holbrook is sitting well inside the borders of the Hopi Reservation. I don't think they would take to kindly to any expansion of the city.

And to suggest Show Low and Snowflake are fast growing cities? Really?
It's actually outside of Hopi Reservation borders, and no one owns the Holbrook undeveloped land except the Arizona state government. The beltway freeway can reach up north with new homes to Hopi Reservation southern border max.

Last edited by waltchan; 08-19-2020 at 11:47 AM..

Old 08-19-2020, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post
So have you ever been to Holbrook? Not anywhere on my top 20 cities to live in around Arizona.
Yes, last year on Black Friday 2019. I even cried on the street floor on why this excellent, flat-terrain place has not been built yet as a new major city. "This is not right," I always say this to myself.

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.9202...7i13312!8i6656

We don't want to be stuck with hot weather Pheonix and Tucson forever. I think nationwide people love to move to Arizona, but they need flat-land and reasonable weather, and only Holbrook fits their criteria. But Holbrook hasn't been built yet... Why?

Last edited by waltchan; 08-19-2020 at 11:54 AM..

Old 08-19-2020, 12:39 PM

4,069 posts, read 5,139,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltchan View Post
It's actually outside of Hopi Reservation borders, and no one owns the Holbrook undeveloped land except the Arizona state government. The beltway freeway can reach up north with new homes to Hopi Reservation southern border max.
Ah...I see now...looked like the Hopi and Navajo Nation extended south of there but...just the coloring of the map.

Anyway...good luck with your Shangri-La...I mean...look what McCulloch did with Lake Havasu City. I mean...there is no lake or running natural water in Holbrook and it is quite a ways from CA with only the Petrified Forest as a natural tourist attraction, but hey, could happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona