Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2020, 07:33 PM

3 posts, read 12,244 times

Advertisements

Hi All!
I know it’s probably unlikely I will get a response but I thought I’d give it a shot. I’m looking at buying a few acres of land out in Ash Fork and was wondering if anyone lives out there or has recently. I’m wondering if it is a safe place to live.

Any issues with theft? It seems ok driving around out there but when I look up statistics online it doesn’t look great. I never know if I should trust the stats I find online or not.... Some more direct perspective would be great!

Thanks to anyone that might be able to help me out!

Best,
Kadin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2020, 08:21 PM

7,453 posts, read 4,272,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KadinGoldberg View Post
Hi All!
I know it’s probably unlikely I will get a response but I thought I’d give it a shot. I’m looking at buying a few acres of land out in Ash Fork and was wondering if anyone lives out there or has recently. I’m wondering if it is a safe place to live.

Any issues with theft? It seems ok driving around out there but when I look up statistics online it doesn’t look great. I never know if I should trust the stats I find online or not.... Some more direct perspective would be great!

Best,
Kadin
I've lived in Arizona for over 10 years now. I absolutely love this state, just about every square inch of it. For what it's worth Ash Fork is better known as Trash Fork by many who've lived here a lot longer than me both natives and transplants alike. I guess I'll leave it at that.

Old 09-28-2020, 05:07 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,561,514 times
There's plenty of better places in AZ besides Ash Fork. Check Kingman or even Golden Valley.

Old 10-01-2020, 09:03 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,766,636 times
I haven't lived here that long, but have heard not-so-good things about Ash Fork..as far as being a tweaker sorta place with lots of theft.
Having said that, it might be a good place to get a deal on property right now....

Have you looked around Williams? Only 20 miles away, but a totally different vibe....

Old 10-05-2020, 12:33 PM

894 posts, read 2,189,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KadinGoldberg View Post
Hi All!

Best,
Kadin
Theft: Huge issue out there, especially off Bullock Road/Juniper Ranch. Mostly felons, fugitives from the law and drug manufacturing. In July 2015 a YCSO Volunteer In Patrol drove beyond the turn around point and was fired upon. 50cal holes in his patrol vehicle, he was shot several times. Every swat team around responded to that call. All because they were growing pot.

It looks OK driving around because you cannot see most houses. There are a lot of lots up there for sale, and most are sold several times over. It's cheap, but there is no ground water, and no electricity. Most places do not have cell service, only if you have high ground.

Seligman is a better opportunity, south of I-40 off Anvil Rock Road. Most places north of Seligman is about the same as Ash Fork. It's basically no mans land. The law does not go out that far, and most homes are built without permitting.

Old 10-05-2020, 06:26 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,050,493 times
Look up these folks on YouTube, "Bandit the Nomad Pug". Although it is not Ash Fork, it is very near and similar so you get an idea of weather, terrain, and services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona