Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2020, 10:03 PM

410 posts, read 398,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Gotta love how over moderated this forum is, but my position on that is too clear to go on.

On topic, Ducey would be a terrible Senate candidate. He strikes me as some random cabinet member of a republican president. He has that Scott Walker thing going. By 2022, this state is light blue and Duceys record becomes a problem. 2024 would be a lost cause unless the GOP does some serious soul searching.

And to be clear I kinda like Doug. He was elected at the end of the Brewer/Arpaio nonsense era and brought pragmatic “keep Arizona out of negative publicity” approach that I actually appreciate.

I was young at the time. What cause the Brewer/Arpaio era. Cause Janet Nepolitano was re-elected prior to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2020, 10:37 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,956,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinezac View Post
I was young at the time. What cause the Brewer/Arpaio era. Cause Janet Nepolitano was re-elected prior to that.
The tea party thing just really worked out here at the time. We had a lot of construction happening with a lot of illegal laborers and the local politicians really ran with it. I’d say it was a reaction to Obama and Brewer/Arpaio seeing potential in it. People forget how big the Glenn Becks of the world were during Obama’s first term. Radiant Church in Surprise infamously had a sermon about whether Obama was the anti Christ. But it ran out of steam right at SB 1070 and made us look silly. The crash didn’t help. Keeping us a neutral presence is much preferred. This state has no business being at the forefront of controversial movements. We don’t need the economic consequences of nonsense ideology

Old 10-12-2020, 11:48 PM

410 posts, read 398,921 times
Quote:
The tea party thing just really worked out here at the time. We had a lot of construction happening with a lot of illegal laborers and the local politicians really ran with it. I’d say it was a reaction to Obama and Brewer/Arpaio seeing potential in it. People forget how big the Glenn Becks of the world were during Obama’s first term. Radiant Church in Surprise infamously had a sermon about whether Obama was the anti Christ. But it ran out of steam right at SB 1070 and made us look silly. The crash didn’t help. Keeping us a neutral presence is much preferred. This state has no business being at the forefront of controversial movements. We don’t need the economic consequences of nonsense ideology
Oh yeah Glenn beck. Forgot how big that dude was when I was in high school lol. Just an interesting time. I remember Nepolitano issued a ton a vetos.

Old 10-14-2020, 07:23 PM

321 posts, read 128,795 times
I wonder if AZ will look like CA soon? I think if Kelly wins he will win again in 2022. Climate change is more important to AZ now then guns it is fact us Red voters need to accept. Every one I work with would love to also have the green new deal to. Scary times

Old 10-14-2020, 09:03 PM

990 posts, read 2,556,922 times
The man might run.... But I'm have zero intention of voting for him.

I am a life long Republican, however Ducey seems paralyzed by an inability to make difficult decisions.

His handling of the state during the current Covid-19 crisis has been anything but inspiring.

Last edited by VTsnowbird; 10-18-2020 at 11:35 AM..

Old 10-15-2020, 11:53 AM

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Gotta love how over moderated this forum is, but my position on that is too clear to go on.

On topic, Ducey would be a terrible Senate candidate. He strikes me as some random cabinet member of a republican president. He has that Scott Walker thing going. By 2022, this state is light blue and Duceys record becomes a problem. 2024 would be a lost cause unless the GOP does some serious soul searching.

And to be clear I kinda like Doug. He was elected at the end of the Brewer/Arpaio nonsense era and brought pragmatic “keep Arizona out of negative publicity” approach that I actually appreciate.

I think people vote on name recognition as well as party. People know who Kelly is and McSally even though she has run twice now for senate I think less so. But the state seems to moving quickly to the left and there my not be enough GOP voters for Ducey in a couple years.

Old 10-19-2020, 02:39 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
So you closed a McSally Kelly thread because you said it was off topic. Now we have a Ducey thread and you go off topic about this?
I was responding to another poster. The McSally thread strayed massively off topic, as threads often do.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: