Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2020, 01:40 PM

409 posts, read 398,487 times

Advertisements

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2020, 04:35 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,722,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinezac View Post
Thoughts?
Wouldn't surprise me if he did. Especially if Kelly wins. He'd probably figure he'd have a better chance against him because Kelly would have had just 2 years to try and cement his position.

Old 10-10-2020, 05:41 PM

2,784 posts, read 7,443,931 times
It depends on the outcome of this November's election.

If Mark Kelly beats Martha McSally, he will serve only two years to finish John McCain's terms. Ducey might then challenge him in 2022.

If McSally is re-elected, then I expect Ducey will keep out of the way in 2022 and focus on challenging Kyrsten Sinema in 2024. Sinema has been pretty relentless in criticizing Ducey's response to the pandemic. While I don't doubt the sincerity of her concerns, I also think the criticism is a pre-emptive strike against Ducey, knowing that he might be her opponent when she runs for a second term.

Old 10-10-2020, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
Wouldn't surprise me if he did. Especially if Kelly wins. He'd probably figure he'd have a better chance against him because Kelly would have had just 2 years to try and cement his position.
Good point, especially if dems sweep the election. It would be a midterms and republicans are the opposition party and probably will do better.

Old 10-10-2020, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Good point, especially if dems sweep the election. It would be a midterms and republicans are the opposition party and probably will do better.

Old 10-12-2020, 03:33 PM

364 posts, read 617,470 times
Ducey has been bleeding popularity and support over the last 6 months. I would love to see him run on his record against Mark Kelly, and let's be clear, McSally is going to get creamed on Nov 3rd.

Old 10-12-2020, 04:54 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katera View Post
... and let's be clear, McSally is going to get creamed on Nov 3rd.
She will if people have paid attention to how she and her party want to muck with our Social Security, Medicare and let all insurers off the hook on pre-existing conditions --- which covers just about all of us.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-12-2020, 05:49 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,722,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
She will if people have paid attention to how she and her party want to muck with our Social Security, Medicare and let all insurers off the hook on pre-existing conditions --- which covers just about all of us.
So you closed a McSally Kelly thread because you said it was off topic. Now we have a Ducey thread and you go off topic about this?

Old 10-12-2020, 07:23 PM

444 posts, read 321,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Not true. Any replacement of Obamacare by Trump and his party will cover pre-existing conditions and have more choices than currently exist today. Arizona is one of the worst states for Obamacare, some counties have only one insurer available right now.

Old 10-12-2020, 08:36 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times
Quote:
So you closed a McSally Kelly thread because you said it was off topic. Now we have a Ducey thread and you go off topic about this?
Gotta love how over moderated this forum is, but my position on that is too clear to go on.

On topic, Ducey would be a terrible Senate candidate. He strikes me as some random cabinet member of a republican president. He has that Scott Walker thing going. By 2022, this state is light blue and Duceys record becomes a problem. 2024 would be a lost cause unless the GOP does some serious soul searching.

And to be clear I kinda like Doug. He was elected at the end of the Brewer/Arpaio nonsense era and brought pragmatic “keep Arizona out of negative publicity” approach that I actually appreciate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: