U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-24-2021, 12:11 PM
 
4,055 posts, read 7,911,218 times
Reputation: 4042

Advertisements

Since it has been legalized I've visited a local dispensary twice to pick up a couple things. I waited for the initial rush to die down but it is still crazy busy, even on a weekday morning.

I have two dispensaries within short distance of me in South Chandler, one is Sticky Saguaro and the other is Oasis, for some reason I picked Oasis. After you walk in, you give the receptionist your ID and have a seat and wait for the budtender to call your name and escort you to the room. Once in the room you tell the budtender what you're looking for (in my case just something to take the edge off before bed once in awhile, not to get wasted or to increase focus). The experience went well and I'm glad we have this freedom finally. With the amount of money I'm seeing spent, this will also be a big tax boost for the state. A definite win/win IMO.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-24-2021, 12:29 PM
 
2,323 posts, read 4,754,189 times
Reputation: 4231
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Since it has been legalized I've visited a local dispensary twice to pick up a couple things. I waited for the initial rush to die down but it is still crazy busy, even on a weekday morning.

I have two dispensaries within short distance of me in South Chandler, one is Sticky Saguaro and the other is Oasis, for some reason I picked Oasis. After you walk in, you give the receptionist your ID and have a seat and wait for the budtender to call your name and escort you to the room. Once in the room you tell the budtender what you're looking for (in my case just something to take the edge off before bed once in awhile, not to get wasted or to increase focus). The experience went well and I'm glad we have this freedom finally. With the amount of money I'm seeing spent, this will also be a big tax boost for the state. A definite win/win IMO.

Haha, love the word budtender.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2021, 05:19 PM
 
Location: Chandler, AZ
3,448 posts, read 3,397,137 times
Reputation: 4845
About $2M in taxes so far:

https://www.12news.com/article/news/...b-140ce76f8a1b
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2021, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
5,747 posts, read 7,274,832 times
Reputation: 7361
Budtender? God how I hate stoner culture.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2021, 10:00 PM
 
4,055 posts, read 7,911,218 times
Reputation: 4042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Budtender? God how I hate stoner culture.
Hate is a strong word. Maybe you need to have a budtender make a recommendation for your unexplainable rage
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2021, 01:56 AM
 
Location: East Central Phoenix
6,774 posts, read 9,897,750 times
Reputation: 7933
This is likely going to be a huge cash cow for the state ... so much so that even the most socially conservative sticks in the mud will be loving the revenue generated from it. Now, if we could only get statewide gambling and brothels fully legalized, we'll be in business (although the state to the NW of us would be a little nervous if this happens).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2021, 05:12 AM
 
Location: Tucson/Nogales
20,408 posts, read 24,032,500 times
Reputation: 28300
Anyone been able to compare the prices between greedy Nevada and AZ? I don't think there's a dispensary open yet in Tucson or I don't know where to find it!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2021, 09:29 AM
 
Location: Gilbert, AZ
895 posts, read 456,132 times
Reputation: 1587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
This is likely going to be a huge cash cow for the state ... so much so that even the most socially conservative sticks in the mud will be loving the revenue generated from it. Now, if we could only get statewide gambling and brothels fully legalized, we'll be in business (although the state to the NW of us would be a little nervous if this happens).
Where the money actually goes is more important to me than the fact that it exists.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2021, 01:36 PM
 
1,489 posts, read 570,261 times
Reputation: 2632
I think it’s pathetic that people need this to get through their day, but as long as it doesn’t negatively affect me, it’s a non issue to me.

But I just know more impaired people will be driving, which isn’t good. We have enough problems on the road as it is.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2021, 02:02 PM
 
Location: Arizona
4,972 posts, read 2,589,544 times
Reputation: 3835
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I think it’s pathetic that people need this to get through their day, but as long as it doesn’t negatively affect me, it’s a non issue to me.

But I just know more impaired people will be driving, which isn’t good. We have enough problems on the road as it is.
That's the way I feel too. However it's still illegal to drive while impaired no matter what substance someone is on. However people that are inclined to use it for recreational purposes were probably using and obtaining it illegally it anyway.

I'm as Conservative as one can get and don't smoke pot. Now that it's legal I have no desire to use it either. Yet I voted for it to be legal for recreational use. I can't see throwing people in jail or slapping them with hefty fines along with having a criminal record for simple marijuana possession. Not only that but I'd rather see people buying it from a legitimate source instead of some drug dealer on the street who along with marijuana more than likely peddles stuff that is far worse.

I'm all in favor of increasing the penalties for not only impaired driving but reckless driving as well. There are indeed enough problems on the road already.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top