Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 12:12 PM

29 posts, read 41,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Try Sheridan Wyoming. Cool weather, cheaper cost of living and far away from CA.
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2021, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
"Folks in the sticks" is a term referring to people living in the small towns you are supposedly looking for. If you paid attention at all to the 2020 election you would know that rural areas, such as small towns, voted overwhelmingly conservative, i.e. for Trump. Take a drive through the residential area of Payson or pretty much any small town in AZ and you will still see Trump signs/flags/bumper stickers. Maricopa County (which encompasses most of Metro Phoenix) narrowly voted for Biden which, along with Tucson and Flagstaff (both long time Democrat strongholds) pushed the state Blue.

All that to say no, most people didn't support Trump, 1,661,686 did and 1,672,143 supported Biden. The point is the small town utopia you are seeking will most likely be overwhelmingly conservative.
Thank you!
my job etc. keep me way too busy to follow politics.

Old 05-14-2021, 12:25 PM

468 posts, read 465,572 times
the small town utopia you are seeking will most likely be overwhelmingly conservative.

This and I might add it would probably be in the Midwest too. Try rural Missouri or someplace similar. Rents are generally cheapest in the Midwest. Probably no smog checks either. From what Ive gleaned from reading this forum for several years Arizona isn't cheap.

Old 05-14-2021, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Let's see, now...

Cheap? Yup
Cool weather? Yup.
Safe? Yup.
No emissions testing, so you can pollute to your heart's content? Yup.
Small size with no criminals? Yup.
Tolerance to foreigners? Yup
Small enough town size to have everything I want, and nothing I don't want? Yup
Clueless about the area? Yup

I got just the place for you. And, lucky you, it just re-opened to 25% of capacity!

The utopia you're looking for is "FANTASYLAND." It's in a specific district within the City of Anaheim, Ca.
you may be surpised, but there's a bunch of states that don't have any emissions testing. I lived in such state for a while (nobody even asked to see my car for registration). Never carried any immigration documents with me ever. Its just so far from California that U-Haul will cost a fortune to move there.
Thank you for keeping this thread up!

Old 05-14-2021, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veniceman View Post
the small town utopia you are seeking will most likely be overwhelmingly conservative.

This and I might add it would probably be in the Midwest too. Try rural Missouri or someplace similar. Rents are generally cheapest in the Midwest. Probably no smog checks either. From what Ive gleaned from reading this forum for several years Arizona isn't cheap.
Thank you!
It doesn't have to be small, could be large in area with lower density - just very large cities like New York or Los Angelos where thousands of people basically running somewhere all the time is not for me.

Old 05-14-2021, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
The point is the small town utopia you are seeking will most likely be overwhelmingly conservative.
May be an area with a university/college somewhere nearby? Doesn't need to be in the same town.
There should be a bunch of international students.

Old 05-14-2021, 04:22 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,089,707 times
You may be well warned that Arizona is a terribleâ„¢ place. Check this thread:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/ariz...not-think.html

And the Show Low area is even worse. Lots of Trump signs, and everyone is packing.

Old 05-14-2021, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
You may be well warned that Arizona is a terribleâ„¢ place. Check this thread:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/ariz...not-think.html

And the Show Low area is even worse. Lots of Trump signs, and everyone is packing.
Thank you, I am already looking into this thread!
What you mean by "everyone is packing"? looking to move out of AZ?

Old 05-14-2021, 07:16 PM

7,502 posts, read 4,347,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strangger View Post
Thank you, I am already looking into this thread!
What you mean by "everyone is packing"? looking to move out of AZ?
Not quite, packing heat. Arizona is a 2nd Amendment friendly state and we like it that way. That's just one of the many reasons why I got the hell out of New York. As long as you can legally own a firearm you do not need a permit to carry one either open or concealed. It's not unusual to see people openly carrying a sidearm while going about their daily business and no one bats an eye or gets all bent outta' shape over it. I'm guessing that for every person that's carrying openly there's 10 people that are carrying concealed? Contrary to what some people would have you believe people who carry legally are not just blowing each other away over stupid little incidents.

It's still illegal for anyone who doesn't meet the requirements on Federal Form 4473 to own or possess a firearm. It's still illegal to negligently misuse or commit a crime with a firearm even in gun friendly Arizona.

If you plan on moving here or to any other state for that matter please do not try and change the state that you're moving to into the one that you just left. Otherwise you might end up being miserable and misery loves company. I've read letters to our local newspaper from people who've moved here and do nothing but complain. In which case they had no idea of what they were getting into and had no business moving at all. Out of all 50 states there's a place for just about everyone. The trick is to find one that's compatible with your lifestyle and beliefs. For us it is Arizona, no and's if's or but's about that.

Old 05-14-2021, 08:19 PM

1,467 posts, read 1,414,990 times
Wyoming is huge Trump country, unless you are in Jackson Hole, where rents are through the roof. I saw signs while ago in NE Wyoming... 660 per month, one bedroom or prepay 7000 per year. Taco John's is hiring at 10.50..and many other service jobs. Low crime, low temps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona