Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2022, 09:40 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,989,847 times

Advertisements

As ever, I am mystified by the staff at the Wikieup Chevron station.

Apparently masks aren't required there and none of the staff wear them. I don't get it. I spent a full day at that Chevron station, stranded by a broken-down car, and I observed at least 95% of the customers didn't wear masks either. With Omicron on the loose, how do the staff not get infected?

Save your rants about freedoms and all that. I want to know why they are so careless with their health. Maybe they're all young and they figure they'll get Covid once, then be immune to it?

One of the women at this Chevron station did me a kindness today but I was unable to find her again later. I wanted to ask her why they work without protection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2022, 10:14 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,970,568 times
1. It’s wikieup
2. Unfortunately a lot of people all over the country just don’t care anymore. Some states it’s like 2020 (Washington for example) but most states I visit are like here. A free for all

Old 01-08-2022, 12:37 AM

44,647 posts, read 61,684,084 times
Many people are plain irresponsible or have a death wish. This thing could have been over a year ago if everyone cooperated.

Old 01-08-2022, 03:59 AM

So it's irrationality. A big dose of "I just don't give a damn any more. If it's going to happen, it'll happen." But so many other people feeling the same way? It seems to me they're trying to make it happen.

I don't have a death wish. I want to live, even in the way our lives are constricted. I believe there is still joy and satisfaction to be found, that there are things to live for.

I think the media needs to stop scaring us or we need to stop paying attention to it. I saw a photo on Quillette of a scientific conference that drew 30,000 people. Not one was wearing a mask. And these were scientists! Is it like this in other countries too?

Old 01-10-2022, 05:31 AM

17,642 posts, read 22,665,622 times
Everyone is required to wear masks at the Veteran's Hospitals (VA), in Oregon. I get my care at the VA hospital in Roseburg, OR. I haven't been in a gas station lately.

Old 01-10-2022, 07:59 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,723,412 times
Unfortunately, Fluffy . . .

More disturbing is the fact that these Non-Masked GOONS are helping to spread the COVID to their family members and/or friends without even showing any symptoms themselves.

Very possibly adding to the COVID Death Toll.

VERY SAD, isn't it?

Old 01-10-2022, 10:34 AM

50,908 posts, read 24,413,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
As ever, I am mystified by the staff at the Wikieup Chevron station.

Apparently masks aren't required there and none of the staff wear them. I don't get it. I spent a full day at that Chevron station, stranded by a broken-down car, and I observed at least 95% of the customers didn't wear masks either. With Omicron on the loose, how do the staff not get infected?

Save your rants about freedoms and all that. I want to know why they are so careless with their health. Maybe they're all young and they figure they'll get Covid once, then be immune to it?

One of the women at this Chevron station did me a kindness today but I was unable to find her again later. I wanted to ask her why they work without protection.
I wondered this when I went to play pool at the Sun City West bowling alley/pool hall last week. It was crowded, and I was one of those wearing a mask (actually a double mask), while about 86% were maskless. I just don't get it, particularly among a more vulnerable population.

Old 01-13-2022, 08:34 AM

4,073 posts, read 5,158,194 times
Or...worry about yourself and not what others are doing. Wear your mask, get your shots...According to the powers that be they aren't going to hurt you, right?

Old 01-13-2022, 11:22 AM

47 posts, read 34,200 times
Omicron will destroy us all! Fear! Panic!

Old 01-13-2022, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
1. It’s wikieup
"Forget it, Jake. It's Wikieup."

I did later talk to the woman who did me a kindness -- brought me an electrolyte drink as I was about to pass out -- and she said she had been tested for Covid two days previously at KRMC. Negative. And apparently they have some kind of plexiglass shield in the register area, which I never noticed.

There is also this recent study which has yet to be peer-reviewed.

Coronavirus loses 90% of its ability to infect us within 20 minutes of becoming airborne – with most of the loss occurring within the first five minutes, the world’s first simulations of how the virus survives in exhaled air suggest.

The findings re-emphasise the importance of short-range Covid transmission, with physical distancing and mask-wearing likely to be the most effective means of preventing infection. Ventilation, though still worthwhile, is likely to have a lesser impact.

“People have been focused on poorly ventilated spaces and thinking about airborne transmission over metres or across a room. I’m not saying that doesn’t happen, but I think still the greatest risk of exposure is when you’re close to someone,” said Prof Jonathan Reid, director of the University of Bristol’s Aerosol Research Centre and the study’s lead author.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-in-air-study

I think this is amazing and maybe a game changer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona