Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 07:37 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,357,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert88 View Post
If you live in AZ, you should "care". As what he "thinks" may impact your life as a citizen of this state. If you are a citizen of AZ that is.

Old 02-05-2022, 07:56 AM

30,378 posts, read 19,177,636 times
It's politics, I don't have a problem with the Governor's comments. The Woke authoritarians don't want people that won't comply with their edicts and false narratives in places like Seattle and San Franciso either.

Old 02-05-2022, 11:28 AM

8,044 posts, read 12,270,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Thanks to Ducey, Arizona is much closer to becoming Mississippi than it is to becoming California.
Ridiculous statement. Arizona never has been anything like Mississippi, and never will. If anything, New Mexico could be the Mississippi of the SW ... certainly more so than AZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Arizona needs to be Arizona, not California, Mississippi, Vermont, West Virginia or any other far right/left state. I agree with the video however.
Exactly!

Quote:
Why the hate against Mississippi? Is it because Mississippi has the largest population of African Americans, almost 40% of the states population that bothers you? Do you have something against that? Your obsession and mean spirited against MS seems most odd. Maybe some compassion would be a better way for you to go instead of looking down at people and a state? Wow.
Mississippi has the highest percentage of poverty of any state in the nation, one of the highest homicide rates, stagnant growth, and generally a backwoods type of culture. If you're defending Mississippi, then you must have some pretty LOW standards. Kind of funny how you say that people shouldn't be criticizing a certain state, but then you turn around and do the same about California. Pot meet kettle.

Old 02-05-2022, 11:38 AM

2,019 posts, read 868,097 times
All I have gleaned so far by most that have posted is how great California is, and that's wonderful. May I suggest that you stay there instead of turning Arizona into California? Isn't that what the Governor is saying?

Old 02-05-2022, 12:12 PM

55 posts, read 48,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Mississippi has the highest percentage of poverty of any state in the nation, one of the highest homicide rates, stagnant growth, and generally a backwoods type of culture. If you're defending Mississippi, then you must have some pretty LOW standards. Kind of funny how you say that people shouldn't be criticizing a certain state, but then you turn around and do the same about California. Pot meet kettle.

Check your reading comprehension. Never have I said we should be MS. My original post on the topic was we shouldn't dare to want to be like CA, agreeing with Ducey on the matter:

Quote:
This is something to be disappointed in, we aren't closer to being CA? ok then.

Personally, I take that as a major compliment, ie, being far away from imitating CA.
Furthermore to cement this point:

Quote:
My view in all of this? AZ should be AZ. CA should be CA. MS should be MS. This posting of we should be more like this/that/the other state is nonsense in my view. It gets old.

You're doing the same as the other poster, using mean spirited personal remarks about a state, generalizing, ie "generally a backwoods type of culture". Not nice VN. Perhaps you're racist also? In regards to "defending" MS, AZ should be like it, again, you're wrong. This thread is about Ducey saying we shouldn't be like CA and the people coming here shouldn't want to make it like that, remember? That's what my comment are about and you can read it above a few times to understand that if it helps. If I'm defending MS, if you want to call it that, it's from mean spirted comments against a state. Keep to facts without the bias "backwoods" type generalizing type comments and you might get more intelligent dialog back and forth with others. Not nice VN.

In regards to criticizing CA, yes, I am, in the context of we shouldn't dare to want to be like CA here in AZ and Ducey, while playing pol games of course in my view, I think is spot on. But I'm not using personal attacks against the people of CA and using mean spirited "backwoods type of culture" type nonsense you are using. I'm going against the policies there like Prop 47. What I posted earlier:

Quote:
Sure, CA with prop 47 and making stealing $950 or less is a misdemeanor, horrible homeless problem, crime, sanctuary cities protecting criminals, housing prices way out of reach for hard working middle class. Yes, let's emulate that. Unreal.
Read that post carefully. And comprehend what you read before posting non truths about my posts. And perhaps next time, check your own bias and hatred at the door before you post, and stick to facts.

Last edited by desert88; 02-05-2022 at 12:24 PM..

Old 02-05-2022, 12:23 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,649,426 times
Quote:
Check your reading comprehension. Never have I said we should be MS. My original post on the topic:

You're doing the same as the other poster, using mean spirited personal remarks about a state, generalizing, ie "generally a backwoods type of culture". Not nice VN. Perhaps you're racist also? In regards to "defending" MS, AZ should be like it, again, you're wrong. This thread is about Ducey saying we shouldn't be like CA and the people coming here shouldn't want to make it like that, remember? That's what my comment are about and you can read it above a few times to understand that if it helps. If I'm defending MS, if you want to call it that, it's from mean spirted comments against a state. Keep to facts without the bias "backwoods" type comments and you might get more intelligent dialog back and forth with others.

In regards to criticizing CA, yes, I am, in the context of we shouldn't dare to want to be like CA here in AZ and Ducey, while playing pol games of course, I think is spot on. But I'm not using personal attacks against the people of CA and using mean spirited "backwoods type of culture" type nonsense you are using. I'm going against the policies there like Prop 47. What I posted earlier:

Read that post carefully. And comprehend what you read before posting non truths about my posts. And perhaps next time, check your own bias and hatred at the door before you post, and stick to facts.
LOLOLOLOL!! Pointing out the FACTS of a state government’s epic failures is not “mean-spirited”. When did we become so pathetically sensitive?

Your “point” was that it would be better for us to resemble MS than CA. That’s just absurd bias taking over logic. It’s a position that cannot be supported.

And when you have to resort to calling those debating against you racists, it’s time show yourself to the door.

Old 02-05-2022, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
LOLOLOLOL!! Pointing out the FACTS of a state government’s epic failures is not “mean-spirited”. When did we become so pathetically sensitive?

Your “point” was that it would be better for us to resemble MS than CA. That’s just absurd bias taking over logic. It’s a position that cannot be supported.

oh here we go, the great twister of meaning/words, ha.

Is there anyone here who actually reads words and understands? It's actually very humorous. But I'll play. In regards to pointing out "FACTS", yes love facts. Great. You obviously missed the "mean-spirited" part, perhaps because to you it's not "mean-spirited" to say such a thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post

"and generally a backwoods type of culture"

Old 02-05-2022, 12:36 PM

Quote:
oh here we go, the great twister of meaning/words, ha.

Is there anyone here who actually reads words and understands? It's actually very humorous. But I'll play. In regards to pointing out "FACTS", yes love facts. Great. You obviously missed the "mean-spirited" part, perhaps because to you it's not "mean-spirited" to say such a thing:

"and generally a backwoods type of culture"
Again, when did we become so pathetically sensitive? VN’s being a big meany I guess.

So that’s ok, but calling others racists is fine when defending a point that cannot be supported by logic? Again, probably time to head out when that’s the only way to make a failing argument.

If we have to become one, CA here we come! Maybe they’ll drop into the ocean and I’ll be beachfront.

Old 02-05-2022, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Again, when did we become so pathetically sensitive? VN’s being a big meany I guess.

So that’s ok, but calling others racists is fine when defending a point that cannot be supported by logic.. Again, probably time to head out.

If we have to become one, CA here we come! Maybe they’ll drop into the ocean and I’ll be beachfront.
I didn't call anyone racist, I asked the question. And I didn't get an answer. Again, you're reaching conclusions that aren't valid.

When someone says a general statement about everyone living in a state, "and generally a backwoods type of culture" well, to you it obviously is valid to say such a thing. Nothing wrong with saying such things. That alone is telling to me which way someone rolls by seeing no problem generalizing about a group of people, making such a broad generalization about people in an entire state. I was brought up that was a wrong way to view people, but to others like yourself, it's apparently is just "so pathetically sensitive" to see it that way. I understand.

Old 02-05-2022, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I didn't call anyone racist, I asked the question. And I didn't get an answer. Again, you're reaching conclusions that aren't valid.

When someone says a general statement about everyone living in a state, "and generally a backwoods type of culture" well, to you it obviously is valid to say such a thing. Nothing wrong with saying such things. That alone is telling to me which way someone rolls by seeing no problem generalizing about a group of people, making such a broad generalization about people in an entire state. I was brought up that was a wrong way to view people, but to others like yourself, it's apparently is just "so pathetically sensitive" to see it that way. I understand.
Quote:
Perhaps you're racist also?
That is calling me a racist. Who’s the also? Come on. It’s much more honorable to own your nonsense than to dance around it. Inserting race into an argument is the trademark of desperation. It was unwarranted and uncalled for. Justify it all you like, but that was the end of any semblance of a point. The conversation was clearly about the states as a whole, not the residents themselves. But you knew that.

So again, CA here we come! We’ll send postcards to MS to see how you like it. I do recommend the fried catfish though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona