Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 02:55 PM

10,988 posts, read 6,857,477 times

Advertisements

Well I've got Confederate flags right next door here in Alabama and I'm not fleeing in terror. They're terrified of me! (LOL not really) But I invaded their territory, so there's that

And for the record, the "Californians" who are fleeing to Arizona are likely more conservative and open to the idea of a Confederate flag, just sayin'. I have learned that the flag means two things, one bad and one somewhat good. The somewhat good has to do with tradition and history, but to me that means it's bad because the tradition and history here is such that, you know.... fill in the blanks.

Old 02-05-2022, 02:56 PM

162 posts, read 76,375 times
Seems to be the AZ Gov should be asking all those Californians moving to AZ to bring some water.

Old 02-05-2022, 02:58 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,274,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Well I've got Confederate flags right next door here in Alabama and I'm not fleeing in terror. They're terrified of me! (LOL not really) But I invaded their territory, so there's that
The Confederate flag is like a NY Jets flag. It just shows you're a fan of the losers

Old 02-05-2022, 02:59 PM

10,988 posts, read 6,857,477 times
Wrong! When I moved to Phoenix. I thought the water came from the Colorado River which is where California gets a lot of its water (along with Northern California water). Wrong. It comes from Roosevelt Lake, which feeds into the Salt River, which feeds Phoenix. There are auxiliary sources as well, but my understanding is that the Salt River is the main one.

By the way, when ya move to Phoenix, get a water filter! When I moved there from Oregon (Bull Run water) I spit out the tap water.

Old 02-05-2022, 03:13 PM

33,342 posts, read 12,498,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldKona View Post
California is the land of milk and honey. It is a false narrative to claim that people are fleeing from California instead of being forced out because their skills do not command the salaries that would allow them to compete.

California is full. The resources are at their limit and our population needs to be controlled. If the policies of AZ would stop their cities becoming vast wastelands of suburban cheap crappy habitats then they could keep what ever way of life they think they have. It is Arizonians that are selling out.

It's a false narrative to claim that people are 'fleeing' for any reason, but it's not a false narrative to claim that people leave California for various reasons that include politics/government/thinking specific taxes and policies are wrong even when one can afford everything.

Old 02-05-2022, 03:15 PM

162 posts, read 76,375 times
I got to flee a wildfire not long ago. Got in my car and fled, to avoid being burned up. Lucky for me I was able to return after several days...

Old 02-05-2022, 03:27 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,954,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Wrong! When I moved to Phoenix. I thought the water came from the Colorado River which is where California gets a lot of its water (along with Northern California water). Wrong. It comes from Roosevelt Lake, which feeds into the Salt River, which feeds Phoenix. There are auxiliary sources as well, but my understanding is that the Salt River is the main one.

By the way, when ya move to Phoenix, get a water filter! When I moved there from Oregon (Bull Run water) I spit out the tap water.
The water in Phoenix is a mix of SRP, CAP (Colorado river water), and groundwater.

Old 02-05-2022, 04:06 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,256,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert88 View Post
You're doing the same as the other poster, using mean spirited personal remarks about a state, generalizing, ie "generally a backwoods type of culture". Not nice VN. Perhaps you're racist also? In regards to "defending" MS, AZ should be like it, again, you're wrong. This thread is about Ducey saying we shouldn't be like CA and the people coming here shouldn't want to make it like that, remember? That's what my comment are about and you can read it above a few times to understand that if it helps. If I'm defending MS, if you want to call it that, it's from mean spirted comments against a state. Keep to facts without the bias "backwoods" type generalizing type comments and you might get more intelligent dialog back and forth with others. Not nice VN.
Well, dad gummit, it seems yer jes overly senstitive 'bout me sayin' Mississippi done gots a backwoods type ah culture. Ah'm sorry y'all took that thar comment the wrong way, but Ah'm jes speakin' the truth. And y'all think Ah'm a racist? Whoooo weee! Mighty sorry y'all can't see the facts that yer Mississippi done gots a high rate ah poverty, high crime rate, high misery indecks, and ain't growin' none. That's purdy durn backwoods to a city slicker like me, y'hear?
()

Old 02-05-2022, 04:26 PM

1,066 posts, read 782,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldKona View Post
California is full. The resources are at their limit and our population needs to be controlled. If the policies of AZ would stop their cities becoming vast wastelands of suburban cheap crappy habitats then they could keep what ever way of life they think they have. It is Arizonians that are selling out.
California is not full. It's desperately clinging to an outmoded and unsustainable "California Dream" from the mid-twentieth century. A suburban landscape of single family homes on large lots and backyard pools built around the automobile, with a legacy of structural racism due to redlining and exclusionary zoning.

There is plenty of room and resources to build up, with higher density walkable neighborhoods. The state is making modest progress with this, but they face fierce resistance at every turn from white affluent neighborhoods.

Old 02-05-2022, 06:52 PM

55 posts, read 48,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Well, dad gummit, it seems yer jes overly senstitive 'bout me sayin' Mississippi done gots a backwoods type ah culture. Ah'm sorry y'all took that thar comment the wrong way, but Ah'm jes speakin' the truth. And y'all think Ah'm a racist? Whoooo weee! Mighty sorry y'all can't see the facts that yer Mississippi done gots a high rate ah poverty, high crime rate, high misery indecks, and ain't growin' none. That's purdy durn backwoods to a city slicker like me, y'hear?
()
And yet you double down on your mean spiritedness, stereotypes, and make a big joke out of it.

Most telling.

And what's actually more interesting is this coming from an individual who posts so much about their fantasy that the Phoenix metro should be something it's not right now, this world-class magic place where the people here are not quite up to your high standards, not quite yet. I'm sure people reading posts like yours above will sure be impressed by the quality image of an actual Phoenix metro resident and your goal to project this impressive image you appear to want to push out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona