Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 07:43 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,078,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnythingOutdoors View Post
California is not full. It's desperately clinging to an outmoded and unsustainable "California Dream" from the mid-twentieth century. A suburban landscape of single family homes on large lots and backyard pools built around the automobile, with a legacy of structural racism due to redlining and exclusionary zoning.

There is plenty of room and resources to build up, with higher density walkable neighborhoods. The state is making modest progress with this, but they face fierce resistance at every turn from white affluent neighborhoods.
Not one mobile home in SF. 166 parks in or near Phoenix. https://www.mhvillage.com/parks/az/phoenix

We can't match your Utopia! LOL

Old 02-05-2022, 07:53 PM

55 posts, read 49,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldKona View Post
Not one mobile home in SF. 166 parks in or near Phoenix. https://www.mhvillage.com/parks/az/phoenix

Oh yes you can! LOL. "Match" isn't even close, you up end us big time on the following:

Give me a mobile home over having to leave my car trunk open so my property won't be stolen and destroyed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ins/ar-AART36L

We also don't have maps of human poop, huge homeless encampments, and "rampant" crime that is even now threatening tourism in your "world-class" city, let alone hard working businesses, residents, etc.

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...san-francisco/

"This is nothing new for the city but a lot of business owners and retailers are at their wit’s end on what to do about the theft in this city.

Already, many store owners have changed their hours, hired their own security, and installed surveillance systems but none of that seems to deter these thieves.

It’s not just the retailers who are concerned this is an issue that affects residents, restaurants, and tourism."

And you are proud of this, trying to compare AZ to a state that passed Prop 47 and wonders what is going on with crime and theft? Really? As Ducey said in the video, people moving to AZ from CA, leave your attitude behind that voted for things like Prop 47 that so many people from CA are now trying to escape from. And we have you who doesn't mention a peep about any of this reality yet posts how many trailer parks are in AZ. Unreal. The river of denial is a long one.

Last edited by desert88; 02-05-2022 at 08:12 PM..

Old 02-05-2022, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert88 View Post
Oh yes you can! LOL. "Match" isn't even close, you up end us big time on the following:

Give me a mobile home over having to leave my car trunk open so my property won't be stolen and destroyed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ins/ar-AART36L

We also don't have maps of human poop, huge homeless encampments, and "rampant" crime that is even now threatening tourism in your "world-class" city, let alone hard working businesses, residents, etc.

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...san-francisco/

"This is nothing new for the city but a lot of business owners and retailers are at their wit’s end on what to do about the theft in this city.

Already, many store owners have changed their hours, hired their own security, and installed surveillance systems but none of that seems to deter these thieves.

It’s not just the retailers who are concerned this is an issue that affects residents, restaurants, and tourism."

And you are proud of this, trying to compare AZ to a state that passed Prop 47 and wonders what is going on with crime and theft? Really? As Ducey said in the video, people moving to AZ from CA, leave your attitude behind that voted for things like Prop 47 that so many people from CA are now trying to escape from. And we have you who doesn't mention a peep about any of this reality yet posts how many trailer parks are in AZ. Unreal. The river of denial is a long one.
Get your house in order.

Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site
You need to check yourself.

Last edited by Yac; 02-08-2022 at 11:03 PM..

Old 02-05-2022, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Get your house in order.

You need to check yourself.

Amateurish dodge on SF btw, which is what I responded to your original post on, about your reference to wonderful SF. Why? Because you can't defend it, that's why. Using your same data source pool.

Let's throw in its sister city too vs Phoenix.

For fun, let's throw in some very large nice suburbs of the Phoenix metro where most people live and compare them to SF:

Wanna play some more?

I think it's you who needs to get your house in order, yes yes?

Last edited by Yac; 02-08-2022 at 11:03 PM..

Old 02-05-2022, 08:59 PM

1,095 posts, read 826,291 times
Quote:

No idea why you're bringing up mobile home parks? At least mobile homes provide somewhat affordable housing for the most vulnerable. Are you hating on poor people for being poor?

What SF (and much of urban California) really needs is a lot more affordable housing. Subsidized high density apartments in neighborhoods near transit and other amenities. And generally a lot more housing at all income levels.

Old 02-05-2022, 09:07 PM

Quote:
No idea why you're bringing up mobile home parks? At least mobile homes provide somewhat affordable housing for the most vulnerable. Are you hating on poor people for being poor?
Great point and well stated, my same thought process.

Seems this CA person doesn't appear to notice the huge homeless encampments all over CA cities, people living in their cars all over the streets and in and around suburbs yet the individual picks on mobile homes in AZ? It boggles the mind this "thought" process. I think denial runs deep in some who can't put 2 + 2 together like what things like prop 47 will do and is doing to some once great cities and state.

Old 02-05-2022, 09:34 PM

23,334 posts, read 29,208,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
All I have gleaned so far by most that have posted is how great California is, and that's wonderful. May I suggest that you stay there instead of turning Arizona into California? Isn't that what the Governor is saying?
My big fear of Californians coming to AZ is that it will make Arizona more conservative. Just look what Californians have done to Las Vegas! Las Vegas is a conservative city to start with, and they're making it even more conservative. Any vote on any tax increase, with the exception of expanding the police force, is shot down, like the light rail system that was planned and shot down.

Old 02-05-2022, 10:30 PM

Quote:

What SF (and much of urban California) really needs is a lot more affordable housing. Subsidized high density apartments in neighborhoods near transit and other amenities. And generally a lot more housing at all income levels.
Not hating at all. Shoots, we're sending you all the poor people you want. As far as trailors why don't you go sell that to Monaco or Switzerland. CA is full. Brokeass people are attracted to Arizona. Can ya blame them. Yer trailer trash heaven!

Old 02-05-2022, 10:30 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,706,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert88 View Post
Amateurish dodge on SF btw, which is what I responded to your original post on, about your reference to wonderful SF. Why? Because you can't defend it, that's why. Using your same data source pool.

Let's throw in its sister city too vs Phoenix.

For fun, let's throw in some very large nice suburbs of the Phoenix metro where most people live and compare them to SF:

Wanna play some more?

I think it's you who needs to get your house in order, yes yes?
Oy, still at it?! Wowzers. Remember when I said that a certain type have made hating California a personality type. Holy hell. MS is still calling and don’t forget to thank me for the fried catfish tip!

Last edited by Yac; 02-08-2022 at 11:04 PM..

Old 02-06-2022, 01:47 AM

261 posts, read 231,643 times
Quote:
California is the land of milk and honey. It is a false narrative to claim that people are fleeing from California instead of being forced out because their skills do not command the salaries that would allow them to compete.
That is a gigantically huge pile of cow pies right there. I live in San Francisco - the tech hub. Tons of very well-paid techies left the place in the recent 2 years and it wasn't because they weren't paid enough at all. In fact, most tech companies cut the employees' salary after they left for cheaper areas to maintain the salary-to-cost-of-living ratio. But they still left because many were absolutely sick of godawful politics, never-ending regulations and general lefty crap (both physical and metaphorical). Most people that left are not real lefties because those tend despise Republican states like AZ, TX, FL, etc and would never move there to begin with.

Which brings us to the main problem - many of the remaining voters in the city who are not techies are complete and utter morons. I voted in every election since I moved to SF 8 years ago and I almost always lose because I vote for people that at least attempt to display a modicum of normalcy and common sense while the majority here picks some complete insane idiot with a crazy left agenda which makes everyone suffer but virtue signaling is far more important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona