Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2022, 12:45 PM

8,046 posts, read 12,290,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert88 View Post
People who work low income jobs aren't always lazy and don't always lack drive and initiative like you seem to arrogantly assume. I've met many over my life who work 2-3 jobs to make ends meet as not everyone has talents you or I may have to make a certain level of income. The may not have a certain level of innate intelligence to do many things. They may have a physical or health issue perhaps. And frankly some may not just have your high level of drive that meet your high lofty standards. Perhaps something to consider instead of disparaging others and laugh about them with a southern accent.
Join the crowd. I've mentioned this a few times already, but I know a young woman who works at a restaurant as a server, and has two other jobs. She's not considered to be high income (yet), but she has goals, ambition, and most of all a great attitude. I definitely see her as the type to be successful in the not too distant future. Point being: being poor/low income should be only temporary in the U.S. I realize certain situations occur to where it can be a struggle, but there should be no excuse to be financially indigent on a long term basis & dependent on government assistance like many lower income people are.

Incidentally, the southern accent was meant to be sarcastically humorous, but obviously you lack a sense of humor. Also, I wasn't exactly laughing at southerners as a whole, but I was laughing at YOU for being defensive of a pitiful state like Mississippi (and on top of that, making a silly reference to the percentage of black people, and then pinning the "racist" label) while being very negative about California. That's not only ridiculous, but hypocritical.

Old 02-06-2022, 01:23 PM

55 posts, read 48,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Incidentally, the southern accent was meant to be sarcastically humorous, but obviously you lack a sense of humor. Also, I wasn't exactly laughing at southerners as a whole, but I was laughing at YOU for being defensive of a pitiful state like Mississippi (and on top of that, making a silly reference to the percentage of black people, and then pinning the "racist" label) while being very negative about California. That's not only ridiculous, but hypocritical.
I have a sense of humor with the best of them. But I draw the line when "humor' is used in a way that isn't very nice.

"pitiful state like Mississippi"

Again, I rest my case, generalizing about an entire population.

As for the "Racist label", I never accused anyone of being racist. It was posed as a question, "are you racist?", given your broken English southern accent "humor" obviously making fun of people. Unless you were making fun of trees or something and I missed it(?) Given I didn't receive an answer, well, no one is forced to answer questions. Many job titles do a good job at dancing around questions.

And for the 13th time, yes, I'm "very negative" about CA and Ducey saying don't make AZ into CA which I 101% agree with, which is what this thread is about btw, not about MS which you are the person who brought up MS in the 1st place as I recall. As one who lives in this state, I don't want Prop 47. I don't want rampant crime and shoplifting where stealing anything less than $950 with people walking out of stores and getting a slap on the wrist if that. I don't want homeless galore in cities, suburbs, shooting up in the open with needles in some places piled on the street, human excrament in many places around these homeless encampments, cars with people living in them in front of the place I live and it's accepted. I have friends and family in CA and you don't know the half of it, trust me, even in once higher end suburbs what is happening. I had a poster tell me La Jolla on their 2-3 day whatever vacation is why CA shouldn't be picked on so bad. Unreal, sounds like you might be in that camp. But I talk in terms of policies as I've posted several times, Prop 47 I've mentioned many times. But I make my points without "humor" and not using a broken English southern accent to make my point.

I think we can put this to rest at this point as we are going around in loops. Enjoy the weather today, it's a nice day. And maybe shout out to your neighbors your "humor" of a broken English southern accent. Perhaps they'll get the humor that I'm missing in the context of the subject matter we are discussing here.

Old 02-06-2022, 05:59 PM

1,079 posts, read 804,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
What's really strange about your attitude is what you define as "progressive". In reality, the so called "progressives" are the first ones to coddle these impoverished people with more government funded programs on the backs of the people who actually worked their way out of being poor, and became successful in life ... or at least, financially independent to where they don't need handouts. Many poor people are the way they are in life because of laziness, and their lack of common sense & financial smarts. That's their own doing. Nothing elitist about it ... just pure facts.
You don't get it. The free handouts in CA are mere table scraps, their primary function is virtue signalling. It doesn't matter how much we give people if the housing situation is a real life Hunger Games. It's just giving poor people more money to bid prices up against one another... it just ends up lining the pockets of landlords. That's why I say it's "progressive" in ironic air quotes, it's faux progressive. If leaders in CA really wanted to help poor people they'd make housing abundant and affordable by greatly increasing supply. They'd provide school vouchers to poor people in bad school districts who want a better future for their children. They'd make it way easier and less expensive to start a small business. Have you read the horror stories of people trying to open even very modest businesses in SF? It's insane. Instead of helping poor people get ahead CA has city council meetings full of old wealthy white people with sour faces every time anyone proposes affordable housing or fewer regulations because, you know, it might change the character of the neighborhood, which is a dog whistle for "we don't want the poor or POC next door."

Old 02-07-2022, 05:34 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,998,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Don't Forget Why You Left California. Let's Keep Arizona Arizona.

No kidding. I'm not really a fan of Ducey but I totally agree with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkGIkFiQPHw&t=188s
The governor probably should not have singled out California even if many are coming from there, but his comments about "failed blue states" and not trying to change Arizona is 1000% spot on.

I have met some of those failed blue state idiot refugees in Prescott for sure, but from many other states.

BTW, I am a blue state refugee myself, Minnesota-California-Maryland, now settled in Arizona.

High taxes, high crime, over regulated, and scads of dictator type politicians abound in those places.

I love Arizona!

Old 02-07-2022, 05:57 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,472,622 times
Californians are ruining every state in the interior Western United States. Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, and Texas are the most prominent examples. The Californians have also run up real estate prices in Salt Lake City and Boise too.

Old 02-07-2022, 06:03 AM

11,089 posts, read 6,941,564 times
Just exactly how are Californians ruining Texas!?

But you know what? This is not the politics and other controversies forum so keep the hate noise down please. You guys are free to create your own thread about this video/subject in that forum. I don't create threads or post in that forum. That's why I put mine here. Because it's about Arizona.

And be specific about why exactly people are ruining any given State. Don't just make blanket generalized statements. Be specific.

You want to talk about Arizona's problems? Then talk about Arizona's problems and stop bringing up "Californians." Talk about policy. Talk about legislation. Be specific.

Californians are not the devil.
They're not ruining your planet. They're not ruining your country. It's a few politicians who are controlled by money. Guess what corporate money - not the little people . Good God. That's Politics 101.

Old 02-07-2022, 06:09 AM

And guess what else?? A lot of those so-called "Californians" that are moving to your state - not just Arizona - are from other places first. They never were Californians. They didn't grow up there. They weren't born there, so just get over it.

I'm somebody who grew up my entire life in California and I watched it be destroyed decade after decade. Many of us who grew up there are extremely upset about what has happened to our state. Don't tell me I'm a part of the problem. I didn't vote for those a-holes. I'm not refusing to clean up the messes. I didn't refuse to spend money properly.

And you hate mongers will not bully me and shout me down in my own thread.

Last edited by pathrunner; 02-07-2022 at 06:53 AM.. Reason: Typo and clarity

Old 02-07-2022, 09:41 AM

50,961 posts, read 24,459,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Arizona needs to be Arizona, not California, Mississippi, Vermont, West Virginia or any other far right/left state. I agree with the video however.
Yes, Arizona needs to be Arizona, but that is defined by who lives here now. Unless of course you don't believe in democracy.

Old 02-07-2022, 10:08 AM

1,695 posts, read 1,284,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldKona View Post
Not hating at all. Shoots, we're sending you all the poor people you want. As far as trailors why don't you go sell that to Monaco or Switzerland. CA is full. Brokeass people are attracted to Arizona. Can ya blame them. Yer trailer trash heaven!
You fit the stereotype well.

Old 02-07-2022, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldKona View Post
Not hating at all. Shoots, we're sending you all the poor people you want. As far as trailors why don't you go sell that to Monaco or Switzerland. CA is full. Brokeass people are attracted to Arizona. Can ya blame them. Yer trailer trash heaven!
Not dignifying this trolling with a response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona