Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2022, 06:56 PM

23 posts, read 23,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Flagstaff is probably snowier and colder than Indianapolis due to altitude.

I doubt you'll find anywhere in Arizona that fails to drop below 60 every year. Actually, not too many places in the continental US that fit that criterion.
I'm willing to budge on the temperatures, as I said in my original post, I doubt I can get exactly what I'm looking for. How about places that get as low as 40s up to as high as 90s?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2022, 08:01 PM

7,505 posts, read 4,347,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooColdinIndiana View Post
What is it about Arizona that you wouldn't want to be anywhere else? I have heard other people say the same thing, and it makes me wonder why? I've heard Arizona called God's Country a lot
We (wife and I) love the landscape, the climate and the people. We have a true sense of belonging here. Working from home we could have lived anywhere in the entire country that had internet access. Of all places it had to be in the Southwest. We looked into Utah and New Mexico as well but Arizona was always at the top of our list. We're living in a much nicer neighborhood in a much nicer house than we could ever dream of had we stayed back in New York.

Of course the only state that I can compare it to is New York. It's just such a blessing to not have to put up with all that crap, the weather, the politics, gun laws, the cost of living etc. Too many moral busybodies* trying to dictate how you should live your life. I haven't found that as much in Arizona.

Sure there's crime, poverty, run down places, bad drivers, the typical things that people love to complain about. But you're gonna' find that in every state in the union, Arizona's no different. Every state has some really nice places as well. At least for us Arizona is indeed God's country.

Quote:
*Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. Their very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be ‘cured’ against one’s will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.
—C. S. Lewis, “God in the Dock”

Old 05-24-2022, 08:22 PM

Quote:
I'm willing to budge on the temperatures, as I said in my original post, I doubt I can get exactly what I'm looking for. How about places that get as low as 40s up to as high as 90s?
You're never going to get exactly what you're looking for. Probably no matter where you go?

Here because of the dry air it's all about elevation. If you're between 5,000 and 6,000 ft. you can expect temperatures during the summer to be in the mid 90's during the day, mid to upper 60's low 70's and some 50's at night. During the winter the 30's low 40's during the day, 20's and teens at night. However out in the sun it feels a lot warmer. Obviously the higher you go the colder it gets and the lower you go the hotter it gets.

If you find a place out here where you think you'd want to live you can just look up the average temperatures to get a more accurate monthly breakdown.

Old 05-25-2022, 08:38 AM

4,069 posts, read 5,139,473 times
Quote:
Here's the data I am working with that I got from googling. I've attached a screenshot as well. It's drastically different from the data you've provided about temperatures in Phoenix. So this is why I thought the temperatures I was looking for could possibly be found in places such as Phoenix.

High / Low average temps monthly for Phoenix:

January 68° / 45°
February 72° / 48°
March 77° / 52°
April 86° / 59°
May 94° / 67°
June 104° / 76°
July 106° / 82°
August 105° / 81°
September 100° / 75°
October 89° / 64°
November 76° / 51°
December 68° / 44°

Are these temperatures way off from the real temperatures?
Well...I have lived here for 34 years and I will tell you that if it stayed around 106...even consistently...through July we would consider that a cool month. I don't know where they got their data from and it may be an average but, for instance, last year we set a record 22 days over 110° and 104 days over 100°. We also broke the record of 5 consecutive days above 115° last year so I don't know what days they are using to offset the average to 106°. Again...I would love it if it topped out at 106°.

Old 05-25-2022, 09:49 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,878,226 times
Quote:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to read my message! I am currently living in Indianapolis, looking to move somewhere with more moderate and constant temperatures.
That there's even been a millisecond's consideration of Phoenix is insane. It's a city where they actually had to stop the airport on one occasion because it was something like 122F.

The OP spammed multiple forums here listing dozens and dozens of random cities, clearly having done no basic research whatsoever. Frankly, Arizona in its entirety is unsuitable for someone who wants "more moderate and constant temperatures" than Indiana.

Old 05-26-2022, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
Well...I have lived here for 34 years and I will tell you that if it stayed around 106...even consistently...through July we would consider that a cool month. I don't know where they got their data from and it may be an average but, for instance, last year we set a record 22 days over 110° and 104 days over 100°. We also broke the record of 5 consecutive days above 115° last year so I don't know what days they are using to offset the average to 106°. Again...I would love it if it topped out at 106°.
Yikes man that is pretty dang hot indeed!

Old 05-26-2022, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamson520 View Post
That there's even been a millisecond's consideration of Phoenix is insane. It's a city where they actually had to stop the airport on one occasion because it was something like 122F.

The OP spammed multiple forums here listing dozens and dozens of random cities, clearly having done no basic research whatsoever. Frankly, Arizona in its entirety is unsuitable for someone who wants "more moderate and constant temperatures" than Indiana.
Yes the data I'm working with suggests Phoenix has the following monthly high/low average temperatures. I got this data from online research, which only goes so far. That is why I am asking for input in these forums: you actually live there.

January 68° / 45°
February 72° / 48°
March 77° / 52°
April 86° / 59°
May 94° / 67°
June 104° / 76°
July 106° / 82°
August 105° / 81°
September 100° / 75°
October 89° / 64°
November 76° / 51°
December 68° / 44°

And yes I did post this to 4 different states. Oregon, Arizona, Texas, New Mexico. Because I'm considering moving to those states.

I wouldn't consider that "spamming multiple forums listing dozens of random cities, clearly having done no basic research whatsoever."

I have spreadsheets full of information, hours worth of research.

See the attached photo of one of the spreadsheets of data I am collecting.

So you are incorrect about that.
Attached Thumbnails
Moving From Indianapolis, Please Help! 60s - 90s in AZ?-spreadsheets.jpg  

Old 05-26-2022, 09:04 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,878,226 times
Quote:
Yes the data I'm working with suggests Phoenix has the following monthly high/low average temperatures. I got this data from online research, which only goes so far.
The "data" you have is wrong and out of date - there's a certain something called global warming that is taking a direct hit at Phoenix.

That's what you get for pulling random stuff off the internet and believing it instead of those of us who are telling you it's too dang hot for you based on your stated criteria. I personally have advised you to look at the Oregon Coast. I lived there. But if you want to believe "the internet", go right ahead. I'm done with you.

Old 05-26-2022, 09:57 PM

22,451 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
You should ask her if she's ever been to Nothing before? If she asks why you can tell her that there's Nothing there.
We drove through Nothing once --- got a good chuckle out of it

Old 05-27-2022, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
We drove through Nothing once --- got a good chuckle out of it
How was the downtown?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona