Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2023, 11:36 AM

50,798 posts, read 24,297,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
You don't live your life today as you would have lived it in 1789 ... Or didn't you notice that?

With regard to the essential principles - nope, no change. Didn't notice. Actual applications and use of (ever changing) modern tools - absolutely.

Between 1789 and now:

Do I now want titles of nobility? Do I disagree the powers granted to congress to wage war and print money? Do I think they overstepped with 2 senators? Maybe I should be sad that no state can print money or sign their own treaties?

Nope. All 100% applicable today, as then - and just about the whole document is. Which part would you like to change exactly, that specifically is obsoleted because the "modern times" AND ALSO which would change your life in some meaningful way?

Elected officials in 250 years have not managed to find much. You must know more then they...
Clearly you don't believe in our relatively democratically elected system of government. Because those elected by the people are who gave us what we have today. Both in Arizona and in the nation.

Old 01-13-2023, 11:51 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,351,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingRebel View Post
They weren't perfect but they did come up with an amazing system of government that was able to stand the test of time. Again, what they created does not correlate with what is currently in place. And if you don't think our government is bloated, you have your head in the sand. I would think that would be a bipartisan position.
Outstanding post!!!
Indeed the greatest system of governing that the world has ever known. Now if only the politicians would follow it and uphold the Constitution as it was written. A Constitution that they are sworn to uphold "So help them God". Some are even defying the Supreme Court's Heller/McDonald and now Bruen VS New York decision. One that the 2nd Amendment is indeed an individual right unrelated to service in a militia and applies to weapons that are in "common use". The other extending that right outside the home thus ending New York's arbitrary and capricious handgun licensing system. Where only the rich, famous and politically well connected could obtain a handgun license for personal self defense.

Old 01-15-2023, 05:59 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,272,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Clearly you don't believe in our relatively democratically elected system of government. Because those elected by the people are who gave us what we have today. Both in Arizona and in the nation.
Just because an individual was elected "by the people" doesn't mean they actually go to Washington and do what is in our best interest.

Old 01-16-2023, 08:48 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,351,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
Just because an individual was elected "by the people" doesn't mean they actually go to Washington and do what is in our best interest.
Indeed they don't. Self interest and absolute power and control is more accurate.

Old 01-16-2023, 04:54 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,797,654 times
Quote:

That you don't like the government we have does not necessarily mean that it is bloated.
Did you really even say that?

Old 01-17-2023, 11:46 AM

50,798 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Did you really even say that?
This discussion is no longer about Arizona. I'm not going to keep taking it off the topic of the sub-forum. I meant what I said.

Old 01-17-2023, 01:22 PM

219 posts, read 176,691 times
Quote:
This discussion is no longer about Arizona. I'm not going to keep taking it off the topic of the sub-forum. I meant what I said.
I'll leave it at this, but you keep thinking everything is rainbows and butterflies in the great 'ole US of A.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...and-reaching-/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona