Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2008, 12:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,548 times

Advertisements

My husband & I are relocating to AZ from Indiana. Can't wait! We have looked all over the valley-really like Maricopa, but it seemed a little far out. Can someone give us the lowdown on Casa Grande? We have found a house we really like, but neighborhood is very important, so we'd like to find out a little before we make an offer. We made an offer on a house in Maricopa & had to pull the bid. Any info-good & bad-is really helpful! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 12:25 PM

551 posts, read 2,726,008 times
Maricopa -- seemed a little far out from what? The general Phoenix area? Casa Grande is even further out than Maricopa. :-)

However, CG has a much better infrastructure than Maricopa, including much more shopping and food choices, so you will probably be able to find what you need in town. It is also bordered by the 10 FWY, instead of just a state HWY.

There are a lot of topics here on CG, which will probably provide you with more information that you ever wanted!

Old 09-21-2008, 04:52 PM

26 posts, read 85,656 times
We have lived in Casa Grande for 20 years and are currently wanting to sell our home and start a new adventure. Casa Grande has been very good to us. We raised 2 kids here and never had a problem. They were well educated in Casa Grande schools. If you are looking for a busy, action filled life, then CG is not for you. If you prefer a laid back lifestyle, friendly people, and starry night skies..then this may be the place for you. We live in the desert and instead of city lights we have stars, instead of sirens, we have coyotes howling. We recently had a new mall built....Dillards, Target, Kohls, PetSmart, Harkins Theater etc. New restaurants are now being built, In-N-Out Burger, Applebee's (so I hear). Olive Garden just recently opened. If I can be of any help, or answer any specific questions...feel free to contact me.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:08 AM

12 posts, read 30,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giggles6985 View Post
My husband & I are relocating to AZ from Indiana. Can't wait! We have looked all over the valley-really like Maricopa, but it seemed a little far out. Can someone give us the lowdown on Casa Grande? We have found a house we really like, but neighborhood is very important, so we'd like to find out a little before we make an offer. We made an offer on a house in Maricopa & had to pull the bid. Any info-good & bad-is really helpful! Thanks
You'll be warm and lots of sunshine (along with dust)
Just be prepared- It's pretty much like being south of the border.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:36 AM

53 posts, read 421,915 times
I've only been here for 9 months but I like it I live on the newer northern part off town and you do see alot of unfinished developments since the housing crash. but I can of like having open desert around my home. For the most part people are friendly, you have everthing you'd need in the town, and Chandler and Phoenix 30 to 45 minutes away if there is something you want. I'm not sure were the last poster is from but I've been south of the border and never really felt like I was there here. In fact a lot of what some may assume are from south of the border do to skin color are actually native americans from area reservations. Again it's Arizona it can be hot and dusty during the day but nights cool down alot more than in the city.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:51 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,349,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squangie View Post
You'll be warm and lots of sunshine (along with dust)
Just be prepared- It's pretty much like being south of the border.
Get over it, Squangie. The whole southwestern United States is basically "south of the border"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona