Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 06:01 PM

553 posts, read 480,021 times

Advertisements

I hope no one minds, but this question is about cell phone service in AZ, as opposed to a weather question.

I am considering 2 providers...Alltel and Verizon and was just wondering what everyone's opinion is on which gets the best service. I have heard so many dif things about each one but I would like to hear from people who actually live in AZ and what they have found is the better provider.

Can anyone help me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2007, 06:34 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
I've known more people who complain about Alltel than Verizon. I used to have Alltel and it was not very good. I have Verizon now and haven't dropped a call in three years. My wife has Alltel at her work and says it's OK, though. Both have the same technology and share networks, so you can travel just about anywhere and be in-network.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I've known more people who complain about Alltel than Verizon. I used to have Alltel and it was not very good. I have Verizon now and haven't dropped a call in three years. My wife has Alltel at her work and says it's OK, though. Both have the same technology and share networks, so you can travel just about anywhere and be in-network.
Thank you for your response. I will be moving to AZ here next week and I didn't want to get into a 2 year contract that I would regret and be stuck with if the service ended up being dreadful.

I heard that some people have trouble with Verizon not working inside their homes, and others don't. And I have heard that Alltel has horrible customer service. Just wasn't sure which was the lesser of 2 evils.

Thank you again for your help Ponderosa!

Old 02-07-2007, 10:01 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,894,490 times
Thumbs up Qwest or T-mobile

I’ve heard the same thing about those companies. Qwest has a good plan also T-mobile is good as well. Qwest and T-mobile have outlet stores in all of the malls in the valley.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:30 AM

I think every company that does cell phones is here. Cingular (ATT now?)and T-mobile have the best technology (GSM) in my opinion. Verizon and Alltel and others use what's called CDMA and some of the phones they sell still support analog technology. There still are some remote areas, particulary out west, that don't have digital so that is an advantage with Verizon/Alltel if you go to those places.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:59 AM

4,896 posts, read 14,146,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I think every company that does cell phones is here. Cingular (ATT now?)and T-mobile have the best technology (GSM) in my opinion. Verizon and Alltel and others use what's called CDMA and some of the phones they sell still support analog technology. There still are some remote areas, particulary out west, that don't have digital so that is an advantage with Verizon/Alltel if you go to those places.
Interesting....I have Alltel in FL...service is great...call my kids for free in Tucson on that 10 free calls deal & my phone bill has finally dropped. haven't had a land line at home for a year & no problems...

If we make the move...I wonder if I keep my FL # or they switch it? my bill for my bf's line & mine is $110/mo. with free nights, weekends.....plus I am digital w/Razor.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:00 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,754,176 times
We find Verizon to work the best up in N. Peoria. The only area we have trouble in is Bagdad.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:16 PM

Well, that will rule out Verizon for most people .

Old 02-07-2007, 12:18 PM

Well, I am moving to the Globe area...and I don't think they have T-mobile there or Cingular. So I figured I would be limited to the Alltel or the Verizon service.

I like that "My Circle" feature that Alltel has but with so many on Verizon it seems....isn't the IN thing with them pretty much equal to the same thing minus land lines of course?

Old 02-07-2007, 12:23 PM

15 posts, read 95,121 times
I am also relocating to AZ. Anyone know anything about Nextel????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona