U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 02:01 PM

7 posts, read 43,757 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I've read some good things on here about Bullhead City, and a lot of not so good things.

I am an RN - with a lot of experience - and I am consdering applying for/taking some kind of job (possibly a management job) in Bullhead City/Mohave Valley. I would live in Bullhead City with a friend who is coming out to work there at the beginning of 2009.

I would be coming from Ohio (which I dont like) and I have lived in the Caribbean - so I know what HOT weather is like to a certain degree. Its not the weather so much that concerns me, it is comments about the drug problems, the people etc.

I dont want to make this huge mistake by moving there if t really is an awful place to live! I would appreciate any and all objective comments!

Thanks so much
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 03:07 PM

572 posts, read 2,370,577 times
Bullhead City isnt so bad of a place if you like the desert. The most important thing I would suggest for you is to visit the city before making any decisions. The desert is this: You either hate it or you love it. Not to many people are just OK with it. Me? I love it!!! The drug scene is there but if your not into drugs it shouldnt be a problem. Laughlin is right across the river for fun times and Vegas isnt to far. Or you can enjoy a day on Lake Havasu. To me living in the desert in the summer is better then the cold winters in the midwest. Take a week and see the entire area, it has alot to offer but please visit before you make a move.
http://www.newtohavasu.net/ (broken link)

Old 11-26-2008, 03:10 PM

Hi Thanks,

yeah, the 'drug scene' that I am into is mostly legit!!

I will be visiting there within the next month, and I agree, I will either love the desert or hate it! After freakin snow and minus 1,000,000 degrees in Ohio I am hoping that I love it.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:49 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,056,473 times
Skip Bullhead and come to Kingman we have 2 hospitals needing nurses.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:57 PM

60 posts, read 165,316 times
Hi I am moving to Lake Havasu next week. I did the visit and went throught bullhead city to check it out. Both towns seemed nice and like any where there are good parts and bad parts, I am moving from florida and have lived in the bahamas so the heat was nothing (I was there in august the day I left it was 110). I too work in a hosptial Iam an x-ray/nuc med tech, everyone I meet was very friendly. The only thing I didnt like was the drive to vegas and thats the only airport. Good luck and feel free to ask any questions

Old 11-26-2008, 07:08 PM

12,088 posts, read 19,845,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambrush View Post
Skip Bullhead and come to Kingman we have 2 hospitals needing nurses.
I second that emotion. One of the hospitals Medcath, is under construction and will be open some time in 2009. So that's a ground-floor opportunity there.

Kingman is about 10 degrees cooler than Havasu or Bullhead. And it's an hour closer to Vegas than is Havasu.

Old 11-26-2008, 08:15 PM

572 posts, read 2,370,577 times
But Kingman does not have the Lake. Just kidding, how is Kingman as far as Foreclosures?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I second that emotion. One of the hospitals Medcath, is under construction and will be open some time in 2009. So that's a ground-floor opportunity there.

Kingman is about 10 degrees cooler than Havasu or Bullhead. And it's an hour closer to Vegas than is Havasu.

Old 11-26-2008, 08:51 PM

Thanks for all the replies and great information. The thing is, for me, it is not a question of BHC v Mohave or Kingman etc. The job I am interested in is in BHC and I am intersested in moving to this area because I can move with my friend, who already has a job, apt etc there. So the question is, not do I move to BHC v somewhere else in the near area, but should I move at all. If I were not able to move to the area to share with my friend, then I would likely move somewhere further away, like Tucson.

Old 11-28-2008, 06:11 PM

2,403 posts, read 6,262,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserRN View Post
Thanks for all the replies and great information. The thing is, for me, it is not a question of BHC v Mohave or Kingman etc. The job I am interested in is in BHC and I am intersested in moving to this area because I can move with my friend, who already has a job, apt etc there. So the question is, not do I move to BHC v somewhere else in the near area, but should I move at all. If I were not able to move to the area to share with my friend, then I would likely move somewhere further away, like Tucson.
I spent 14 month in 2007 -2008 in Bullhead City and back here again untill Febuary when i will hit the road again , I say it is a good place to live if you can stand the heat in the summer ( I can't ) you can live in Bullhead and drive to Kingman for work if you need to But there are 2 hospitals and many doctor's offices serving the area. I would say go for it definately don't need to worry about snow .

Old 11-28-2008, 09:52 PM

Thanks so much for the positive response! Anyone else.....?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>