Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2006, 03:02 AM

43 posts, read 169,365 times

Advertisements

Greetings!
I am considering a move to Southern Arizona in search of a drier climate....and would hope a lower cost of living. My home is in Dallas, however, I have sold my business and am foot loose and fancy free. I have read about Tubac and it appears that it might be an interesting colony of artisians???
Is it "do-able" or already "discovered" and outrageous($$$) to try and live there?
I really am trying to find a safe place to live...possibly build a home. I am not interested in the Master Planned communities that seem to be taking over the planet. Any information on Tubac or other smaller communities in Southern Arizona? Nogales is not the answer for me...I don't think I would like to be right on the border.
45 minutes from Tucson is appealing. I don't mind living out in the boonies but I like the notion of something city-ish within driving distance.
Thanks!
Michael
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2006, 02:31 PM

702 posts, read 3,144,828 times
Tubac is an artist/tourist community. Very expensive homes. removed This site can give you some info. We live at the same altitude as Tubac and it is about 105 today. We have been wanting to move due to the heat. This is a desert area. Many think that it is beautiful but it is a personal thing. 20 years ago we lived in Wisconsin. We miss the green! Tubac's altitude is 3,000 ft so you don't have any snow. We have two basic seasons: Hot and Nice. Don't move here without a visit in the summer! We made that mistake!

Last edited by Marka; 06-20-2006 at 12:34 AM..

Old 06-30-2006, 12:16 AM

By the time I got back to check out your response, the link had been removed???
If you see this could you please repost the link for me?

Old 06-30-2006, 01:26 AM

Sorry....I just learned that links are not allowed? woops!
Well....anymore feedback on Tubac would be appreciated.
I have also heard that Wickenburg might be an Artist colony of sorts.

Old 06-30-2006, 02:40 AM

5 posts, read 16,533 times
Cool apache junction

Ive been down here two years in the frying pan.I came from the chicagoland area.you have a lot of people, from la moving down here, a least thats my opinion.There moving everywhere and I live in east mesa.I really like Apache Junction, yea its got a few strip joints but over all the people, are your down home, sort of people, in my opinion.I asked one of the merchants how much an acre was near the superstition mountain, which the whole town is next to.Well anyway, for horse property, if your into that type of thing is about $200.000. per acre.but you could find another place close to the mountain, at least you dont have to worry about the snobs and keeping up with the jones, in my opinion , and of course you could find a reasonably priced home and one more thing, your on the outskirts of the very miserable traffic that exists out here in this area.

Old 06-30-2006, 01:29 PM

273 posts, read 1,646,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linewalker
your on the outskirts of the very miserable traffic that exists out here in this area.
Have you heard of Superstition Vistas? Google "Superstition Vistas" and you'll find an Arizona Repugnant article about it. The days of AJ being on the "outskirts" are coming to an end.

Old 09-19-2006, 10:57 PM

2 posts, read 7,456 times
Ok, I foud this thread....I'm an artist hoping to set up in Tubac. I'll be on a limited income starting out. What are the prices for low rent apartment or rooms. I don't want an aprtment comlpex.

Old 10-03-2006, 09:15 AM

12 posts, read 38,895 times
I am from Dallas too and I am moving back to Arizona next summer. I agree that if you should go visit Arizona. I have a couple of cities that I am interested in and I will be going to Arizona to check them out. I think that is the best way. In my opinion, Dallas is the totally opposite as Arizona. Isn't it spelled Tubac? I found Tubac on google. It seems like it is more humid there than phoenix but the temperatures are cooler. So I guess it evens out. Nothing that you are not use to by being in Dallas. Tubac was established in 1752 as a Spanish presidio (fort). It once served as the home for a Spanish military garrison. Google it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona