U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 08:47 AM

165 posts, read 483,634 times

Advertisements

Good morning all
Well I'm moving again this time to Cornville, while I was still in Michgan when I would be talking about the areas I was looking in when Cornville was mentioned we would always joke about the name. Sounds like the name of a town in the deep south, I'm going into Lower Oak Creek estates. I bit of a strange area, my 1973 single wide rental comes with a Pot Bellied Pig named Thelma. I'm hoping to find a more suitable home for her but in the mean time it's so cute to see her come waddleing with her tail spinning when she hears my car. She knows her dinner is on its way, If I'm not fast enough she starts grunting to hurry me along. If anyone knows of someone with pet piggy's please let me know or a farm sanchuary in the area.
I got all the ceiling painted, my room and the livingroom the rest will have to wait until I get in. I wanted to get the ones painted that are a pain to do when their is furniture in them.
So by the end of this week I will be a Corville resident, after telling my daughters about the area they seem to think that I will fit right in.
Also how do I change my signature? I want to get ride of the SW MI.
thanks in advance
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 09:55 AM

35,870 posts, read 45,934,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie SE MI View Post
Good morning all
Well I'm moving again this time to Cornville, while I was still in Michgan when I would be talking about the areas I was looking in when Cornville was mentioned we would always joke about the name. Sounds like the name of a town in the deep south, I'm going into Lower Oak Creek estates. I bit of a strange area, my 1973 single wide rental comes with a Pot Bellied Pig named Thelma. I'm hoping to find a more suitable home for her but in the mean time it's so cute to see her come waddleing with her tail spinning when she hears my car. She knows her dinner is on its way, If I'm not fast enough she starts grunting to hurry me along. If anyone knows of someone with pet piggy's please let me know or a farm sanchuary in the area.
I got all the ceiling painted, my room and the livingroom the rest will have to wait until I get in. I wanted to get the ones painted that are a pain to do when their is furniture in them.
So by the end of this week I will be a Corville resident, after telling my daughters about the area they seem to think that I will fit right in.
thanks in advance
No shame on the name! John McCain is your neighbor up there, although he said he lived (in one of his many homes) in Sedona during the campaign. So what's the new screen name going to be? Cornville Debbie? Debbie of the Corn?

The big Kahuna of moderators can change your screen name. DM Sablebaby and tell her what you need.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:43 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,149,489 times
Quote:
Good morning all
thanks in advance
Hi Debbie ....

Please keep us posted on your new adventure .
So, are you in a mobile park or that's just the name
of the area? Are you on city or well water? What do you
have in the way of conveniences, anything close.. or will
you need to drive to Cottonwood for everything?
Enjoy!

Old 01-26-2009, 09:10 PM

Hi
I never though of a screen name, I may need a lil help on this one I'm so not good at that. It's not a park and their is such a mix of home types, like so much I have seen in Verde Valley. I don't have a mail box I have to go to the post office to a PO Box, the only convenience is about2 miles their is a couple stores and a gas station I can get the dogs food their. Their is a nice garden Center with a really nice lil shop in front. Thats on Cornville Rd, then I turn on Loy and go about 2 miles to my place. It really seems to be a nice lil area, the neighbors are very nice and friendly. I did have to call the city to have it turned on so I guess it is city, well not really call them I had to go into Cottonwood to The View Hotel they set it up at the front desk. I did find that a lil differant, but they were very nice and came out a few hours later. How about Corney..
I'm going to be a first time Grandma, and yes they live in SE MI...

Old 01-26-2009, 09:57 PM

21,146 posts, read 39,706,308 times
Quote:
Hi
I never though of a screen name, I may need a lil help on this one I'm so not good at that. It's not a park and their is such a mix of home types, like so much I have seen in Verde Valley. I don't have a mail box I have to go to the post office to a PO Box, the only convenience is about2 miles their is a couple stores and a gas station I can get the dogs food their. Their is a nice garden Center with a really nice lil shop in front. Thats on Cornville Rd, then I turn on Loy and go about 2 miles to my place. It really seems to be a nice lil area, the neighbors are very nice and friendly. I did have to call the city to have it turned on so I guess it is city, well not really call them I had to go into Cottonwood to The View Hotel they set it up at the front desk. I did find that a lil differant, but they were very nice and came out a few hours later. How about Corney..
I'm going to be a first time Grandma, and yes they live in SE MI...
Thelma's Mom perhaps?

Old 01-27-2009, 09:33 AM

1,457 posts, read 4,284,650 times
How about Debbie N AZ ?

Old 01-27-2009, 10:30 PM

4,317 posts, read 10,346,577 times
Good luck with everything Debbie. Having no mail delivery is par for the course up here in Northern AZ, in all the places I have lived I have mostly had to rely on a PO Box.

Thelma sounds cute, you could ask at the Golden Bone if they know of any places for pigs, they are very knowledgable.

BTW, The View Motel is owned by Lucille Ball's brother, apparently she used to have a place around her somewhere too.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:34 PM

4,317 posts, read 10,346,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
No shame on the name! John McCain is your neighbor up there, although he said he lived (in one of his many homes) in Sedona during the campaign.
I am so glad he didn't get in (for so many more reasons than that) but to keep saying he lived in Sedona (or was going up to Sedona for the weekend) was not making the residents here happy...all we need is the Secret Service running around amoungst the red rocks!

His house was also slated to go up for auction before the election but I couldn't imagine who would buy it in this economy, it was over 10,000 sq ft. I saw the tour of it on AZ Family (channel 3).

Old 01-28-2009, 07:44 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,723,781 times
LOL i just saw this post and had to google cornville. i never knew there was a town called cornville in az that is funny!

Old 02-01-2009, 08:58 AM

Hi all
I'm all moved in just have to empty boxes, I really feel good here I guess my daughers were right. Thelma is doing well, she has been a bit shyer then before I believe she did'nt like all the people around (movers, the guys I had put up a few fence pannels for the dogs). A bit of bad news, I had to have one of my dog put to sleep. Guido was a lil guy an Italian Greyhound, he was a stray that was in a shelter. I adopted him 11 years ago at the time he was around 2-4 years. He will be missed by all who knew him, he had a real Neopleon complex.

On a lighter note I am going to ask our monitor to please change my signature to Debbie N AZ, thanks for the input.
Well I work today so I had better be o my way...
Debbie N AZ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona