Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 07:24 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerchick_KF View Post
we need a popcorn eating smilie

our constitution applies to those people who are citizens. Having someone enter our country illegally and sue us should be thrown out! If some illegal got 200k, why can't I get some of that?

And I don't really have a problem with them being here b/c they do take the jobs that no one would take here, like picking lettuce. I don't see any poor white kids doing that.... I only have a problem when they demand rights they never earned.
yes we do need a popcorn smiley lol - i hear you there, 200k what the fu#$? crazy huh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 07:35 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,514,655 times
Default Lack of Integrity is at the Root This

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
There would be none of these ridiculous cases if there weren't scumbag lawyers who took these cases (or, more likely, told the illegals they had a case and should pursue it).
Yessirree........
There would be none of these ridiculous cases if there weren't scumbag lawyers who took these cases. The aliens know just what they are doing when they seek out a lawyer. They aren't innocent, and the lawyers are all too willing to help they rip off the American Taxpayers.

This is what it has all become. The bleeding hearts who want to give everything away. The real problem is the core integrity lacking in our society, and the ones who have the power, the attorneys, the bankers, the executives, the legislators, are all scumbags. They want us to believe they are educated professionals, but they would sell their own mother down the river for more money. Money and power are their addictions, and they are too WEAK to do the right or noble thing.

An attorney who would tell one of them that they are breaking the law being here, and this is OUR country, and if he was in Mexico, he would be in prison or worse.

Mexico doesn't treat our people very well. That is why I say the aliens know just what they are doing, and they aren't innocent peasants.

Our country is starving for real leadership where the taxpaying citizens really come first.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:54 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
I agree this lawsuit is complete crap. However, what I fail to understand is why people can't simply say they are against illegal immigration without all the racist and vitriolic comments and behavior. I'm against illegal immigration and endorse strict border policy. That being said, these people are not trying to come here to exploit us. They are poor people from Mexico looking for a better life. Tell me, you wouldn't do the same thing in their situation. Are you really going to say "No, I'm going to starve and won't feed my family because crossing the border is illegal" Give me a break.

This is a human condition and we need to recognize that. You can support anti-immigration policy without resorting to hateful speech and racism. Unfortunately, that is the type of crap I hear whenever I listen to someone discuss illegals. Seriously, show some character people and act like a professional and a decent human being. You say you love this country, well then act like an American. A true American is a person of character and strength that doesn't resort to racist comments and mistreating of people regardless of how they treat us in Mexico. A true American stands to set an example. I don't care how frustrated you are, show some class and discuss people with respect regardless of where they come from. I'm not speaking in reference to anyone on this thread or forum. I'm just speaking in general. I agree with a lot of the policies stated by immigration opponents but i don't agree with their choice of words or behavior. I'm not asking you to be soft in terms of your actions but just in your conduct.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 02-13-2009 at 02:04 AM..

Old 02-13-2009, 02:15 AM

Old 02-13-2009, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Yessirree........
There would be none of these ridiculous cases if there weren't scumbag lawyers who took these cases. The aliens know just what they are doing when they seek out a lawyer. They aren't innocent, and the lawyers are all too willing to help they rip off the American Taxpayers.

This is what it has all become. The bleeding hearts who want to give everything away. The real problem is the core integrity lacking in our society, and the ones who have the power, the attorneys, the bankers, the executives, the legislators, are all scumbags. They want us to believe they are educated professionals, but they would sell their own mother down the river for more money. Money and power are their addictions, and they are too WEAK to do the right or noble thing.

An attorney who would tell one of them that they are breaking the law being here, and this is OUR country, and if he was in Mexico, he would be in prison or worse.

Mexico doesn't treat our people very well. That is why I say the aliens know just what they are doing, and they aren't innocent peasants.

Our country is starving for real leadership where the taxpaying citizens really come first.
I agree

Old 02-13-2009, 10:18 AM

1,108 posts, read 3,321,512 times
Quote:
Next your going to tell me i'm some racist white guy from the 1800's. Random tangent falsehood #3. My family didn't come to the United States till 1915, because of Hitler. My grandmother didn't come to this country, from Peru, till 1940 to go to Princeton, in turn, meeting my grandfather.
I actually agree with you - I give no truk to these shrill imbeciles that scream rascist to shut down conversations and justify illegal immigration - but RE the 1915 and Hitler comment. 1915 would have been during WWI. And Hilter did not come to power until 1933 - just FYI.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:26 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
This part really gets me:

Camarena also is representing Juan Cruz Torralva, an undocumented immigrant suing the federal government in connection with a 2005 accident in which a Border Patrol vehicle accidentally struck him and his daughter near Dateland.

The two allegedly were hiding behind a bush to avoid the patrol when the vehicle ran through the bush. Cruz Torralva was injured and his daughter killed in the accident

There would be none of these ridiculous cases if there weren't scumbag lawyers who took these cases (or, more likely, told the illegals they had a case and should pursue it).
If you are hiding in a bush and a car drives through it oh well your fault. A Legal American would never win a case like that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona