Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 02:33 PM

416 posts, read 2,510,300 times

Advertisements

Source:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...t_x.htm?csp=34

Scottsdale is #82 as safest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2007, 09:22 PM

647 posts, read 3,340,965 times
Gilbert is a great place to live and raise a family. We should probably stop publicizing that though, to avoid huge masses of people moving in

Old 03-25-2007, 10:04 PM

416 posts, read 2,510,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatdrinks View Post
Gilbert is a great place to live and raise a family. We should probably stop publicizing that though, to avoid huge masses of people moving in
If it wasn't for my job in N Scottsdale, I would be moving there in a heartbeat!

Old 11-15-2007, 02:36 AM

6 posts, read 36,908 times
What about the gay communities??? Anyone...someone open-minded and honest please!! I have read that anywhere in AZ esp. pheonix is gay friendly...is that true?? It says stats wise that the 10th of 32 midsize cities with population of 500,000+ Phoenix is the 10th most unsafe? That bites. My family is trying to get me to move there as I'm in San Diego and it's close to home for their preferences versus me being in where I want to try which is cold weather like MN, maybe even middle of nowhere South Dakota, which seems to be on the safest top bunch big time!! I want to move where its good for my love life issues....the gay thing and especially my health like allergies and asthma. I hear some ppl move to AZ for their allergies and asthma too! Help please!!! BTW....I am almost 29 so my family doesn't get the final say in where I go, but they are helping a little with rent, so it does factor in. I just want to be happy and be safe!

P.S. The rent budget combined with money being so bad amongst my whole family is about $400/month...I hate being on disability more than ever right about now~ And I'm in the closet on the gay thing as far as family goes too! Thanks.

Last edited by LostAndConfused; 11-15-2007 at 02:39 AM.. Reason: Left out important information

Old 11-15-2007, 08:40 AM

647 posts, read 3,340,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAndConfused View Post
What about the gay communities??? Anyone...someone open-minded and honest please!! I have read that anywhere in AZ esp. pheonix is gay friendly...is that true?? It says stats wise that the 10th of 32 midsize cities with population of 500,000+ Phoenix is the 10th most unsafe? That bites. My family is trying to get me to move there as I'm in San Diego and it's close to home for their preferences versus me being in where I want to try which is cold weather like MN, maybe even middle of nowhere South Dakota, which seems to be on the safest top bunch big time!! I want to move where its good for my love life issues....the gay thing and especially my health like allergies and asthma. I hear some ppl move to AZ for their allergies and asthma too! Help please!!! BTW....I am almost 29 so my family doesn't get the final say in where I go, but they are helping a little with rent, so it does factor in. I just want to be happy and be safe!

P.S. The rent budget combined with money being so bad amongst my whole family is about $400/month...I hate being on disability more than ever right about now~ And I'm in the closet on the gay thing as far as family goes too! Thanks.
Don't move here with the hopes that your asthma and allergies will get better!!! For most people, they get worse. The air quality here is terrible. Between dust, air pollution, and pollen from all the plants they've started planting here, it's pretty bad.

I don't know about the gay thing. Phoenix seems like a pretty liberal area, in general, when it comes to stuff like that but since I've not walked in those shoes, I can't say for sure.

If you only have $400 a month for rent, you'll definitely need to find one or two roomates.

Good luck!

Old 11-15-2007, 08:48 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
That list is horrible, truly horrible. Seriously, Mesa makes the list, but not a single town in Illinois? Thats utterly laughable. Who put that list together, the Braille Institute?

Old 11-15-2007, 07:35 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,605,751 times
Horrible list. And where is Surprise,AZ?

And this one...LOL..I have lived in both cities. Las Cruces is no where near Palmdale. Palmdale is a Ghetto. Las Cruces is one of the nicest cities in the USA.

Las Cruces had 3 murders. Palmdale had 15 plus another 19 in Lancaster.

227. Las Cruces, N.M.

228. Mobile, Ala.

229. Worcester, Mass.

230. Palmdale, Calif.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:02 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,956,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAndConfused View Post

Yikes I don't know about that allergy thing it may not be a good thing. Phoenix has lots of gays, Scottsdale too. Gilbert not so much.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:00 PM

45 posts, read 166,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_singlemother View Post
Source:

Ranking of least, most dangerous cities - USATODAY.com

Scottsdale is #82 as safest.

It's been a year since this list came out.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:25 PM

284 posts, read 1,020,617 times
Only cities that reported crime rates were included in the list. For example, New Orleans was not included this year because its police department did not report figures
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona