U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2007, 12:16 AM

3 posts, read 13,498 times

Advertisements

My company is relocating to Arizona very soon. They haven’t told me if I’ll end up in Tucson or Yuma. I’ve never heard of Yuma and haven’t been able to fmd much on it. I’m hoping and praying that we’ll end up in Tucson. We’re from Houston and have enjoyed a nice and private suburb community (Katy) with the big city benifites 20 minutes from Houston. Any information regarding Yuma will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 08:03 AM

443 posts, read 1,999,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc2r View Post
My company is relocating to Arizona very soon. They haven’t told me if I’ll end up in Tucson or Yuma. I’ve never heard of Yuma and haven’t been able to fmd much on it. I’m hoping and praying that we’ll end up in Tucson. We’re from Houston and have enjoyed a nice and private suburb community (Katy) with the big city benifites 20 minutes from Houston. Any information regarding Yuma will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Hello, there a few posts of Yuma and not so much positive. I lived there for over three years and really miss is now. It's a smallish town, in between Phoenix and San Diego. The Colorado river runs through and many people go out there all summer even though it's hot...it's really hot in the summer but the winter months are very nice. Yuma has really grown a lot since just a few years ago. Housing like everywhere in Yuma went up but is still reasonable compared to other places.

Good luck with whereever you move!!

Old 05-03-2007, 07:27 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,638,655 times
please read up on yuma! i unfortunatly live here and its awful so check out the other posts on it. overcrowded in the wintes due to snowbirds, and 121+ in the summers, the heat doesnt let up at night and stays about 100 all night long. its dusty here hardly no rain. not a nice place to live, try hard for tucson

Old 06-04-2009, 10:17 PM

4 posts, read 7,993 times
yeah definently tucson. yuma is pretty miserable in the summers due to the heat, and in the winter due to the snowbirds crowding the roads.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:04 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,599,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
please read up on yuma! i unfortunatly live here and its awful so check out the other posts on it. overcrowded in the wintes due to snowbirds, and 121+ in the summers, the heat doesnt let up at night and stays about 100 all night long. its dusty here hardly no rain. not a nice place to live, try hard for tucson
Not to mention that the schools in Yuma are terrible. One time I told the office about feces being on the floor of the bathroom that the kids have to use, nothing was done. Anyone who has to move to Yuma, should look into homeschooling or investing in a private school.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:08 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,877,648 times
Yuma....Oh, I feel bad for you. Aside from the prison, I see nothing worthy there. I HATE the town. It is hot and boring and I only use it when I need to get through San Luis to go to Mexico or when we got to San Diego.

Pray for Tucson

Old 06-17-2009, 07:56 PM

6 posts, read 14,860 times
Try to avoid being sent here at all costs.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:29 PM

9 posts, read 23,811 times
Tucson is bigger, and as a university town, has more going on throughout the year. It's also at a higher altitude, so not as hot in the summer, with access to Arizona mountains where it is actually cool in the summer.

That said, Yuma isn't all that bad. I have lived here for 10 years, would rather be here than in the Phoenix area any day (same weather, worse traffic, a mass of strip malls in search of an identity). Even in the winter time when the snowbirds are here, you can get anywhere in town in about 15 minutes. And in the summer, you are about 2-1/2 hours from the beach in San Diego (symphony, good theater, great place to visit). There are three national wildlife refuges right at hand, off-roading in the Imperial Sand Dunes, boating on the Colorado River. Clear skies, sunshine, beautiful desert vistas, great star gazing if you get out of town.

Yes, Arizona is cutting the heck out of education, but you are coming from TEXAS, after all. My kids were starting 10th and 8th grades when we got here, they have since graduated from the U.S. Coast Guard Academy and Princeton, respectively, so it is certainly possible to get a decent education here despite what you hear -- no matter where, you get out of your education what you put into it, my kids had some great teachers who were delighted to have and to help out motivated students.

Call the Visitors Bureau at 800-293-0071 to get a guide ... you'll feel better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona