Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2007, 10:19 AM

91 posts, read 421,295 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if you could tell me what extent the gangs in Mesa/PX az area vs. CA are?

If you had to choose between CA or AZ which would it be taking into consideration the gangs and so forth..?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2007, 12:02 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,682,426 times
We lived in both southern Ca and northern Ca. We left Ca 2 years ago to come to AZ and find it is better in some spots more than others, just like Ca. The gangs in southern Ca became such an issue we went north hoping to run away from it. We found it in Sacramento/ Chico to. I think the inner city of L.A area is far worse than Phoenix, but I am not an expert. I do know that it is rough in some places here and it is a problem that is growing state by state. We chose AZ over CA for many reasons, crime was just one of them. Taxes, workmans comp insurance, law suit happy clients and the impending crash when all those bonds come due. It was just not the state we wanted to retire in or continue to do business in. So, sufice it to say, we would chose AZ over CA.

Old 03-30-2007, 02:32 PM

91 posts, read 421,295 times
Wow, thanks..
We would be in the Central coast range at Vandenberg AFB if we were to go to California.. most likely anyway.. there are other locations there to choose from, but I think that is the most logical one for us to transfer to if we should choose California...
It is hard to choose.. I keep thinking I have made my mid up, but then someone says something that makes me think again about the final choice..

We really really want to be right near the ocean.. but certainly not at the cost of family... It is so hard to know though for sure what to do that way.
Like you said the gang problem is everywhere and on the rise...
I would hate to to turn down the ocean for the same gang issues that I will find in a VERY hot place. At the same time though I would hate to turn down the Hot area and find that it would have been safer for my family that way.

If you know the quality of life in comparison to the Vandenberg AFB compared to Mesa AZ.. could you let me know?

I have even been tossing around the Colorado area.. but that isnt as appealing because again the ocean and the in-laws.

Thanks again for your help with the info.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:47 PM

416 posts, read 2,505,218 times
Why don't you go to the east bay area such as San Ramon, Walnut Creek or anywhere near San Francisco?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: