Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2009, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,360 times

Advertisements

My wife and In are taking our first trip in a few days to see Scottsdale(only for nightlife),queen creek, and gilbert (for possible areas to live)...Me and my wife are looking to possibly move out there due to the cheaper cost of living and a change in scenery and pace....I have 4 days to spend in the area and we want to know what might be fun to do for nightlife (where is the best part for romance and nightlife in scottsdale?) Where are some unique but safe places to take a swim... near the area and if we are first time homebuyers looking to move into a nice safe community looking to spend no more than 120k on a house...(If possible not living in middle of nowhere) should we be looking at Gilbert of Queen Creek? Any generel info on cool things to do out there during our stay would be appreciated we will be stayin in the mesa area when we visit...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 08:32 PM

157 posts, read 422,448 times
There are more qualified people than me to answer your first set of questions.
I will try to answer your second set in regards to homes.
Right now there are only 27 homes in Gilbert for 120K or less. In Queen Creek there are 267 homes for 120K or less. So if you looking just from house perspective the better home you will find in Queen Creek. If you looking from things to do perspective Gilbert is definitely closer to everything.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:59 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,297,736 times
If you want more house for your dollar: Queen Creek
If you want to be closer into town: Gilbert

We had this same situation and ended up choosing Gilbert. I just personally like it better, it is a little closer to the city and newer (even though both towns are newer) with lots more commercial buildings.. plus I think Gilbert will bounce back quicker than Queen Creek, but who knows. They are both nice.. but if you do go Queen Creek I wouldn't get anything out on Hunt Hwy.. that road is a pain (it is the only road for hundreds of houses.. I just prefer not to go there) or far Queen Creek (down Ironwood). I would get Queen Creek just east of Power Road (by Gilbert).

If know you posted this in the Arizona forum, but if you go to the Phoenix forums and search for Queen Creek and Gilbert there are lots of other posts that you can do some research and see what other people have said.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:19 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,073,730 times
the too-cool hipsters and wannabe hipsters hang out at Axis/Radius, Myst, E4, Suede, Martini Ranch, Saddle Ranch, Six, Pussycat Lounge (PCL) and many others in the area just S of Camelback Rd and along Scottsdale Rd and along a little road called Indian Plaza near the new W Hotel just SE of the Camelback/Scottsdale Rd intersection....I think E4 has closed, though, I heard....

keep in mind that summer in the Phx area is the quiet season, so things won't be quite as hopping as winter....

some places will be closed, but most will still stay open for the summer....there are many trendy restaurants, bars, clubs, stores, galleries in downtown Scottsdale....the area has become quite popular in the last several years with nightlife....park somewhere legal and just walk around the several blocks on either side of Scottsdale Rd S of Camelback Rd

here's a popular website run by a guy who makes fun of wannabes and other idiots who are trying to be cool in Scottsdale....the website has gotten more ad-filled and complicated to read lately, but wade thru it....kinda funny

Scottsdale - Nik Richie + Dirty Army intel, opinions, gossip, satire, and celebrities (http://thedirty.com/category/27/ - broken link)

gotta be out here to understand it all.....biggest hint is don't be a "douchebag" when in town!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona