Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2006, 08:34 PM

1 posts, read 5,448 times

Advertisements

What is happening with Rhodes development in Golden Valley?
Have they started selling homes yet? Are there models to view? Does anyone know the website or the telephone number to contact them?
Am interested in moving to the area...any feedback as far as lifestyle and employment opportunities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2006, 07:25 PM

1 posts, read 5,546 times
Rhodes is taking lot reservations only and yes there are at least four models ready for viewing and four more being built. Tel no to call is (928) 303-0324.

Old 11-10-2006, 01:59 AM

4 posts, read 23,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjv819 View Post
What is happening with Rhodes development in Golden Valley?
Have they started selling homes yet? Are there models to view? Does anyone know the website or the telephone number to contact them?
Am interested in moving to the area...any feedback as far as lifestyle and employment opportunities?
I read something that the Rhodes GV development has been put on hold due to water issues. Google it or go to kingmandailyminer.com and search their archives. I know they built some models. A friend of mine in Vegas was shopping them.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:51 AM

57 posts, read 289,827 times
Rhodes is still taking lot reservations. Per a realtor nearly all are Las Vegas "investors". They have not gotten water approval as of yet. They have also built some additional models about 10 miles from the "entrance" to the development. There is a long thread on [domain blocked due to spam].net about the development. Google [domain blocked due to spam] rhodes development, if you cannot find it.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:05 PM

5 posts, read 16,385 times
Rhodes has gotted water approval and brought in one well last week. Model homes are half mile and four miles from the entrance. Advice is to come here first and look at the dust cloud that hangs over the valley before buying.

Old 05-26-2020, 10:29 AM

6 posts, read 6,568 times
good morning,
we are doing research and we are wondering about the water, how many gallons do you get per day or per week? Can you split it up and pick it up 2-3 days a week?Or do we have to pick it up all in 1 day? How do we pick it up? Is it fresh drinkable water? Is it hooked up to a filter? Do we get a APN number ( for back taxes on the property)?
We are looking for as much information we can get before we decided to flight over and walk the land. Thank you very much

Old 05-26-2020, 11:29 AM

4,522 posts, read 6,211,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertandnicole View Post
good morning,
we are doing research and we are wondering about the water, how many gallons do you get per day or per week? Can you split it up and pick it up 2-3 days a week?Or do we have to pick it up all in 1 day? How do we pick it up? Is it fresh drinkable water? Is it hooked up to a filter? Do we get a APN number ( for back taxes on the property)?
We are looking for as much information we can get before we decided to flight over and walk the land. Thank you very much
Have you looked at google maps, zoomed in to look at the lay of the land ? Sure property is cheap...for good reason. I live not far from you, I know the countryside you are accustomed to....are you ready to move to a Mars-like landscape with very little precipitation ? Golden Valley is a misnomer...it should be Brown Sand Valley. As for water...experiment now, monitor your usage for drinking, bathing, cooking, laundry...see how little you can get away with...the average in the US, per person per day is 80 to 100 gallons. How much you purchase at one time depends on a) how large a container you can haul on your truck, or b) how large a storage tank you have for water being delivered to you.

Think very carefully about moving to that area if cheap land is your main motivation.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 05-26-2020, 11:25 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,881,633 times
LOL - zombie thread but I'll play. Gemstone1 has some points. Golden Valley is called that because of the afternoon sun which makes everything glow a golden shade of yellowish brown - from the massive amounts of dust and particulate matter in the air, which is blown up by the never ending unrelenting winds, that only stop in the summer when it's 115 degrees and you'd really like a breeze.

Red Lake - where you're talking about is twice as bad. I haven't followed it for awhile but that guy was drilling hundreds of wells, and I think has since gone bankrupt on the houses and started growing avocados or something in retribution and is sucking the aquifer dry last I heard. And that's just one of the water wars going on. Phoenix is trying to steal our water too.

Please take my advice and don't move anywhere in Mohave County. It is tweaker central - yes the whole county, most of the area is the hottest place in the country, Golden Valley and Kingman are about ten degrees cooler than Bullhead City which regularly hits the mid 120's in July. People DIE here within sight of their cars every summer.

The only people making money here are the corporation owned fast food joints, hotels and big box stores that suck the money and life blood from the region and return nothing but crime. We can't even get most doctors to stay for an hour after their student loans are forgiven.

As of today there are 324 CoVid cases here and 32 deaths - a 10% death ratio, one of the highest in the world! And virtually the entire population thinks the idea of wearing a mask is a conspiracy to destroy their freedom and the Constitution. MAGA! Go Trump, is the keyword.

I've no clue how I got stuck here so long. We'd have been gone this year but for the CoVid killing real estate. But don't make my mistake. Anyone who speaks well of the area is delusional. Period. End of story.

The only good thing about living here is people don't mess with you too much, because everyone carries a gun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona