Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 02:52 PM

61 posts, read 505,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In my dreams...............for now
When you really find it, take me with you!!!

Old 07-16-2009, 02:55 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I do not know how I somehow stumbled upon this this thread, but I did. Of course, living in any small town is going to suck, no matter what anyone says. Case in point, I was born in Phoenix and have lived there almost my entire life, and I never have even heard of Dolan Springs. I had to look it up on a search engine to even find out where it was. That should tell you the significance of this city. I am one of the people who completely agree with you. I had a friend who lived in Mayor, AZ which is a town of 3,000. I stayed with her for 2 weeks before I lost my mind and left. IMO, the smaller the city, the more boring it is.
Isn't that Mayer (Sorry)
I agree about the disgruntled author

I'm reminded of a sign as you leave the "town" of Hope AZ that says "You are now beyond Hope"

Old 07-16-2009, 02:58 PM

61 posts, read 505,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I like it just fine, thanks. Small desert towns rock.

So tell me, dian-az. Where's home for you, and what do you like about it?
My home is right here in good 'ol Dolan, and I like the sunrises and sunsets, for starters. I like more than I dislike, just had to get a few things off my chest.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:03 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Isn't that Mayer (Sorry)
I agree about the disgruntled author

I'm reminded of a sign as you leave the "town" of Hope AZ that says "You are now beyond Hope"
Yes, I think I did misspell it. Anyways, it is the town that is on the way to Prescott from Phoenix. It is right before Prescott Valley.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:52 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,927 times
Kingman has a great old downtown area. There are some cute houses. Old Atomic era (and earlier) houses still in good shape. There are a lot of empty shops. I like the old towns best. Dolan Springs is nondescript. I feel safe here, but I get aggrivated when people pile up garbage bags, and trash in their yards. Eventually, the wind blows it all over the desert. The county should start fining people for the eyesore, and trashmo effect. At least the people in Chloride have regular clean up days, and make yard art from junk. I wish Dolan Springs had a permanent well managed trash dump area. But some people call such a thing a "yard" or "home sweet home." It just takes one human garbage hoarder to ruin a whole street. For Pete's sake, if you collect dead cars, at least line them up, and string some colored lights on them !

Old 07-17-2009, 07:44 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Kingman has a great old downtown area. There are some cute houses. Old Atomic era (and earlier) houses still in good shape. There are a lot of empty shops. I like the old towns best. Dolan Springs is nondescript. I feel safe here, but I get aggrivated when people pile up garbage bags, and trash in their yards. Eventually, the wind blows it all over the desert. The county should start fining people for the eyesore, and trashmo effect. At least the people in Chloride have regular clean up days, and make yard art from junk. I wish Dolan Springs had a permanent well managed trash dump area. But some people call such a thing a "yard" or "home sweet home." It just takes one human garbage hoarder to ruin a whole street. For Pete's sake, if you collect dead cars, at least line them up, and string some colored lights on them !
Hell; my favorite part of Mohave County would be downtown Kingman as well----------the section from Beale St north to the Palo Christi School area.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:27 AM

Default Vintage Kingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Hell; my favorite part of Mohave County would be downtown Kingman as well----------the section from Beale St north to the Palo Christi School area.
I imagine that the library might have old vintage photographs of Kingman. I love hearing the trains go through when I'm downtown. I try to envision it during the decades. It's a cute town. Some of the little "shack" houses are sadly neglected. I find myself wondering how many people keep the interiors original. Well, the sinks and wood floors, tubs, etc.

It aggrivates me that little houses aren't still being built. I rode around up in the hills in the new section of Kingman, and saw homes that looked like they had been spat out from a cookie cutter machine.(no disrespect to the creators intended, just an observation)

As for Dolan Springs, I wish the prefab house makers would design cute "miners shacks" and put them here. Micro houses are perfect energy savers. We could have a new clean industry. "Dolan Springs Home of the "Cozy House"." OH, I am such a dreamer, but it's a good idea. I need to hit that lottery !

Old 07-20-2009, 08:43 AM

2,324 posts, read 7,620,367 times
Kingman way back when, Valley Bank.

Attachment 45582

Last edited by roosevelt; 03-21-2010 at 04:14 PM..

Old 07-20-2009, 11:08 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
Kingman way back when, Valley Bank.

Attachment 45582
SE corner of Beale and 4th St's I believe.........that building is still there

VNB moved to a newer building nearby that either became Chase Bank later on or left............

Old 07-22-2009, 11:07 AM

Default Old And Classy

There is a building up from El Palacio next to the Amtrak waiting room. Its the one with the glass blocks embedded into the sidewalk. I love that effect. The entrance has mosaic tiles, and a neat tin ceiling under the awning. It just goes to show us that quality materials, dedicated craftsmen/women and an appreciative public, can keep an old treasure going for a long time. Restoration/ preservation is a good thing. There are people who fly from all over the world to see our little towns, and have a photo taken. I have to remember that a young Japanese man has never had real eye contact with a genuine wagon wheel, and I see them every day. Thanks for the image of the old bank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona