Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2007, 09:32 PM

31 posts, read 131,035 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

This is my first post, but I've gobbled up a lot of info re: AZ. Thanks to you, my husband and I have narrowed our search for a new place to live down to the Sierra Vista, Benson, Bisbee area. I still have some questions though.

- Are there jobs for journeyman electricians in the area?
- How strong is the local electrical union?
- Does Benson have an art community (Bisbee and SV seem to)?
- Are there interior design jobs in any of these towns?

Thanks for any help you can give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 11:41 PM

77 posts, read 632,748 times
Avoid Sierra Vista especially if you have kids ,there's a childhood leukemia cluster problem there , plz google it to get more info before you make such a move (too many sad stories,and those in power are in total denial ).

Bisbee is nice for a visit and extremely boring to live out there .I left Az few yrs ago ,so maybe things had changed since then ....

Old 05-02-2007, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenali View Post
Avoid Sierra Vista especially if you have kids ,there's a childhood leukemia cluster problem there , plz google it to get more info before you make such a move (too many sad stories,and those in power are in total denial ).

Bisbee is nice for a visit and extremely boring to live out there .I left Az few yrs ago ,so maybe things had changed since then ....
Thanks, Jenali. We don't have kids, but I'll google it just the same. Why do you think Bisbee is boring? We're not into big cities and clubs, just hanging out with friends, hence the art community interest.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:14 AM

683 posts, read 2,651,873 times
I'm not sure if you checked it out, but you might want to take a look at Tubac. There's a lot of growth along the I-19 corridor south of Tucson. Plenty of work to the north of there and it's a nice art community.

http://www.tubacarizona.com/index.html

http://www.desertusa.com/mag01/jan/stories/tubac.html

Old 05-02-2007, 11:17 AM

Thanks Billy Baroo - I have looked at Tubac and it seems like a fantastic fit for us, but the home prices in that area are really high. We need to stay under 200k. we'll definitely be checking it out when we come down this summer, though.

Old 05-02-2007, 11:25 AM

77 posts, read 632,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ws_sisu View Post
Why do you think Bisbee is boring? We're not into big cities and clubs, just hanging out with friends, hence the art community interest.
ws_sisu ,you might like it since you don't have kids, it's cooler than Tucson(where I lived at that time).When I said boring I meant no real nightlife ,very remote ,older population,no malls,no planned communities (with all that comes with them.ie parks,walking trails,sport clubs,newer and bigger homes).I liked the bohemian ,arty and touristy atmosphere there,it is like going back in time to th60s there,but away from this there's nothing really to do and it is just a small old town.
I'm not the best one to give you an advice about Az ,I didn't like the desert.I've just replied to warn you about Sierra Vista .If I have to live there again I will live in Rancho Sahuarita (a planned community with many activities to do for kids and families and relatively closer to Tucson),but I don't think I am gonna ever go back to that brutal heat .
Tubac is nice ,but very expensive for a city in its size and with its limited amenities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona