Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 01:40 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,527,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
What happened to the step mom who beat her? She needs to have a death sentence. I have heard that prisoners who hurt children are given a tough time in prison by the other prisoners. Maybe prison is the best thing for this guy. Some of them are badly beaten by other prisoners. I have a relative who works in a prison.
americans have found a way to get justice, they rely upon the people they have already jailed to carry out what they themselves are incapable of doing, justice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 02:14 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,144,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Who's riled? Not me. Just stating how things should be, in my opinion. Not yours. Mine. I'm for the death penalty, you're not. My Dad worked at a prison for over 30 years, I worked at one for over 5.

And as for "In other words, say the man down the street kills someone." - - I have no qualms about pulling the switch.
What is it about writing about somewhat spiritual things that people just don't get? Did I EVER say I was against the death penalty? Did I ever mention that? My point is that if you have no qualms about pulling the switch, you will find yourself on the other end of that switch. That's all I'm saying. Think before you act. You would be just as guilty as the person sitting in the electric chair. When would this cycle end? You hurt me, I hurt you, you hurt me, I hurt you...blah blah blah. I would think an enlightened humanity would have learned by now. But, no. It's still an eye for an eye and nobody cares that they're all blinded.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:28 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,144,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
They are where they belong! Should we send them for a vacation to Jamaica? Pedophiles and sexual abusers cannot be redemmed. Think about the mental torture the victims go through, if they live, and think of the multitude of families they destroy! These are low-class misfits of society, that are better off dead, but sin ce I do not believe in the death penalty, let's stop cuddling them, and feed them to "Gansta."
If you believe in only one life, then I can at least partially understand your point. For you the world if full of victims and senseless violence. Better to just throw away the key, right? I'm not of that philosophy. And if you'd read all of my posts here, you'd understand that I never proposed they be anywhere else but prison. You ask me to think about the mental torture... I clearly wrote that I was sexually abused in my life. I was 4 years old. Believe me, I understand the repercussions.

But NEVER will I regard another as human being so worthless that we throw away the key. I would be committing an act just as hideous. Perhaps you're fine with it. And at some point in some distant future, we'll know which path was the correct one to take. I trust that mine is the better one.

I can forgive a person for shoving his member in my four year old mouth and then knocking me unconscious when I wouldn't satisfy him. If I turned around and expressed my rage by continuing "the favor", what good is that? At some point, there must be conscious choice to stop the cycle of violence. Wishing sadistic things happen to prisoners sounds like the lowest of human behaviors.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:17 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,455,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
What is it about writing about somewhat spiritual things that people just don't get?
Probably because they don't care about those things.

Quote:
My point is that if you have no qualms about pulling the switch, you will find yourself on the other end of that switch.
Nope. It's not against the law to pull the switch.

Quote:
You would be just as guilty as the person sitting in the electric chair.
Same as above. It's not against the law to pull the switch.

Quote:
I would think an enlightened humanity would have learned by now. But, no.
Same as above. Probably because they don't care about those things.

Look, you're not going to change my mind, and I'm not going to change yours. So I'm stopping now.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:49 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,740,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
americans have found a way to get justice, they rely upon the people they have already jailed to carry out what they themselves are incapable of doing, justice.
Damn shame, isn't it, Huckleberry?

But that's the way it has evolved mainly due to our overly PC justice system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: