Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2006, 01:07 PM

6 posts, read 14,340 times

Advertisements

Good Day,

Family and I are considering moving to Glendale, and I will be working on Luke AFB.

Is Glendale family friendly?

How is the commute to the base?

Are there rampant drugs and crime in and around Glendale-Arrowhead ranch, N78th lane area?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Al
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2006, 07:27 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,469,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al M
Good Day,

Family and I are considering moving to Glendale, and I will be working on Luke AFB.

Is Glendale family friendly?

How is the commute to the base?

Are there rampant drugs and crime in and around Glendale-Arrowhead ranch, N78th lane area?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Al

That's a nice area pretty good schools lots of nice shopping.

Old 07-24-2006, 03:51 AM

36 posts, read 303,176 times
Arrowhead Ranch is a pretty nice area, but it will take you probably about a half hour to get to Luke, maybe even a little longer.

Old 08-01-2006, 10:03 AM

148 posts, read 847,886 times
Default Glendale/Arrowhead area

Al,
Of all the areas in Phoenix I think the Arrowhead area is the best. I have lived in the area for 6 years. We just moved from Sierra Verde (75th ave and Deer Valley) which is a beautiful sub-division with lakes, greenbelts, lots of grass. Mountain Ridge has a reputation for being a good high school. I don't know about the drug problem as my kids aren't even close to high school age but I know that Mountain ridge is known for having a wealthier kid population.

As for the commute to Luke Air force base, you are looking at about 25 minutes but never with rush hour. I have worked very close to there and the drive has never bothered me because a lot of it is freeway. Traveling from Glendale to LAFB you are going away from rush hour which is a good thing, trust me.

I am very familiar with the area that you are considering so if you have any more questions feel free to let me know.
Angie

Old 08-01-2006, 02:01 PM

477 posts, read 1,582,897 times
In my opinion, Arrowhead Ranch is filled with snobs and SUV's. Everyone seems more interested in what they are wearing and keepin' up with the Jones's. That is probably true in most upper-middle class neighborhoods but, I live nearby A.R. and I never feel like it's a warm community by any strtch of the imagination. There are drugs in the high school just like any high school. I will say that the test score at Mountain Ridge were good this last year though. Just my opinion.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:34 PM

148 posts, read 847,886 times
Default response to Sassieb75

Those were quite some stereotypes you threw out there. I personally think that most of the greater Phoenix area is not friendly and is trying to "keep up with the Jones'" which is actually why we are strongly considering a move from Phoenix. However, I think that Arrowhead is filled with many young families with small children (hence the reason we all drive SUV's, my three children plus one on the way wouldn't really fit in anything else). Also, there is a wide range of home sizes and prices in Arrowhead meaning there are all different kinds of incomes, we are not all snobs. I have been here my whole life and have by far enjoyed living in Arrowhead more than anywhere else. If I have to live in Phoenix, Arrowhead is the only place I would consider living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: