Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 07:53 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,508,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedInAZ View Post
There is nothing to do except get drunk.
Where do I sign?

Last edited by Rich Cabeza; 04-18-2010 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: misspelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 09:42 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,432,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
TrappedInAz, based on your first three post and your user name, I'm guessing you don't like Sierra Vista and Arizona in general. I hope you figure out how to move to where ever it is you want to go, and I hope things work out for you.

With that said, I hope everyone who reads your posts takes it with a grain of salt.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:56 AM

227 posts, read 535,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
TrappedInAz, based on your first three post and your user name, I'm guessing you don't like Sierra Vista and Arizona in general. I hope you figure out how to move to where ever it is you want to go, and I hope things work out for you.

With that said, I hope everyone who reads your posts takes it with a grain of salt. I've read plenty of posts from others who live there that say it is a great town. I've visited many times and think it is a nice place. I understand you do not like your situation. But others who live there do like their situation. It's not a "shthole" (as you say) for many people who enjoy the town.
Yup, my words too. *smile*

Old 04-21-2010, 03:35 PM

218 posts, read 580,185 times
Ritchie, you are so right. EVERY single town has its detractors and those who feel its heaven on earth. Sierra Vista and surrounding areas are certainly no different. Trick is to go, see for yourself. The old, "it isn't as nice as it once was" holds true for the Cochise county area but then, hey, back when I was growing up there we were griping about it being too small! I totally remember the Army kids I hung out with complaining they missed Germany. Sometimes the good old days weren't really as good as we think we remember...

Old 12-06-2010, 08:07 AM

1 posts, read 2,796 times
Default Sierra Vista is great!

This is a great little city to raise your kids!! On foothills drive right beside a grade school there is lots of gang activity. Someone was even shot in the park near by. Was that part of 30 years and younger have lots of respect for others?? You have a lead foot?? I suggest not speeding in this area you will get a speeding ticket. Do you have a lot of expensive things? I would keep them in a safe place the local police will not find them once they are stollen. The only good police officer here will be Cochise County Sheriff dept. The place is growing and crime is too. Housing? I see someone thinks the housing market is still booming! Ha most people that built houses in Sierra Vista in 2006 have been working at wal mart or has moved away since 2007. Job opertunity sucks and that includes carpentry of any type. If you are coming here because you are Military, SEEK ON POST HOUSING!, and only go of post when you have too. And I am sorry maybe your stay will not be too long. The city does have nice parks and the events are very nice. Fouth of July, veterns day and also the city ran water park. But these things are not worth moving unless your moving from DC, Chicago, Pheonix or any other city that is loaded with crime. Keep in mind we are very close to the border here.

Old 12-07-2010, 04:27 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,516,977 times
Sierra Vista's crime rate is below national average:
//www.city-data.com/city/Sierra-Vista-Arizona.html

Old 12-07-2010, 06:39 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,294,643 times
I'm sorry but there is a lot of idiocy on this thread. Have any of you heard of the term CONTEXT? Sierra Vista is a small city. People who bash Sierra Vista because there isn't enough to do and compare it to amenities in large cities are fools. I think people are intelligent enough to recognize that Sierra Vista is not Phoenix or Tucson so they aren't asking you to evaluate it in those terms. Of course, it's going to offer less things to do than a large metropolitan city of 5 million.

So getting back to the topic, Sierra Vista is a really nice town. For a city of it's size, it offers a lot. It has nearly perfect weather in which it's summers are not hot and it's winters are not extremely cold. It's next to a military base so unlike most small cities its size, Sierra Vista is very diverse and has people from different races, states and countries. People are also very nice and have that small town charm. People are much more laid back than people in Tucson and Phoenix. The drivers are better. The people are friendlier. Service in restaurants is better. It also has all the basic ammenities. It has a mall with a Best Buy, Sears, Dillards, a movie theatre. It has many chain restaurants like Outback, Chilis, Olive Garden, My Big Fat Greek restaurant,. It has a Target, a nice new super Walmart, a Home Depot, Lowes. The economy in the city is strong due to the military base which has not been affected by the national economy so it has a constant and reliable employment base. Finally, the city is an hour from Tucson so if you need to get away on the weekend, you can drive into Tucson.

And Crime...what the heck people...you are criticizing crime in Sierra Vista....what do you expect....people to hold hands and sing Christmas Carols all year. Guess what, crime is everywhere...even in small towns. My gosh, I thought the people who criticized Phoenix for supposed high crime rates was bad. I would love if some of you lived in large metropolitan cities like Washington D.C., Miami, and Boston. You will see real crime. Sorry but a bunch of shady looking teenagers hanging out in the parking lot at Hastings is not crime.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:54 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,227,007 times
Great post azriverfan, can't give you reps as I have to 'spread them around'
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I'm sorry but there is a lot of idiocy on this thread. Have any of you heard of the term CONTEXT? Sierra Vista is a small city. People who bash Sierra Vista because there isn't enough to do and compare it to amenities in large cities are fools. I think people are intelligent enough to recognize that Sierra Vista is not Phoenix or Tucson so they aren't asking you to evaluate it in those terms. Of course, it's going to offer less things to do than a large metropolitan city of 5 million.

So getting back to the topic, Sierra Vista is a really nice town. For a city of it's size, it offers a lot. It has nearly perfect weather in which it's summers are not hot and it's winters are not extremely cold. It's next to a military base so unlike most small cities its size, Sierra Vista is very diverse and has people from different races, states and countries. People are also very nice and have that small town charm. People are much more laid back than people in Tucson and Phoenix. The drivers are better. The people are friendlier. Service in restaurants is better. It also has all the basic ammenities. It has a mall with a Best Buy, Sears, Dillards, a movie theatre. It has many chain restaurants like Outback, Chilis, Olive Garden, My Big Fat Greek restaurant,. It has a Target, a nice new super Walmart, a Home Depot, Lowes. The economy in the city is strong due to the military base which has not been affected by the national economy so it has a constant and reliable employment base. Finally, the city is an hour from Tucson so if you need to get away on the weekend, you can drive into Tucson.

And Crime...what the heck people...you are criticizing crime in Sierra Vista....what do you expect....people to hold hands and sing Christmas Carols all year. Guess what, crime is everywhere...even in small towns. My gosh, I thought the people who criticized Phoenix for supposed high crime rates was bad. I would love if some of you lived in large metropolitan cities like Washington D.C., Miami, and Boston. You will see real crime. Sorry but a bunch of shady looking teenagers hanging out in the parking lot at Hastings is not crime.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:25 AM

533 posts, read 1,461,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
Great post azriverfan, can't give you reps as I have to 'spread them around'
I gave him a rep for you, that was a good post, I agree.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:37 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
As anyone noticed the herd of antelope along Buffalo Soldier in the Fort near 7th Street
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona