Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 12:33 PM

861 posts, read 2,181,984 times

Advertisements

I got hit in Mesa the other day......I havent recieved the ticket yet but I am expecting it any day.....I got flashed near Safford also but I had my cruise set between 55 and 60 in a 55 speed zone, so there is no way I am going to pay one there......I hope.....just curious is there a way to appeal them if you really think you are in the right? The first one in Mesa I was speeding....just came off a 65 limit about a mile prior and hit the beginning of a construction zone....I was talking with family and wasnt paying attention.....but I was speeding so I will pay the ticket....but the one here in Safford isnt justified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 07:07 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,192,912 times
Moderator cut: orphaned quote

Well, you clearly weren't paying attention over a long period of time, as every one of the cameras has signs ahead of it warning of a photo enforcement zone. If you missed that many of them, your insistence that a fast driver is a safe one just doesn't hold up.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-08-2009 at 10:29 PM..

Old 09-01-2009, 07:42 AM

38,957 posts, read 50,883,019 times
[Moderator cut: orphaned quote My guess is you were drunk. What were those flashes? I don't suppose anything will come of the tickets since you are a "guest" in our state. But I would like to see you lose your license until you grow up and learn to drive responsibly.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-08-2009 at 10:30 PM..

Old 09-01-2009, 10:54 AM

1,389 posts, read 3,518,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Well, you clearly weren't paying attention over a long period of time, as every one of the cameras has signs ahead of it warning of a photo enforcement zone. If you missed that many of them, your insistence that a fast driver is a safe one just doesn't hold up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
My guess is you were drunk. What were those flashes? I don't suppose anything will come of the tickets since you are a "guest" in our state. But I would like to see you lose your license until you grow up and learn to drive responsibly.
Did you get the tickets at 2 AM on clear roads? I'm going to have to agree with Observer and Ponderosa, not only you didn't see the signs but the first white blinding flash didn't tip you off?

I am thinking had it been one ticket you'd probably get off. But multiple tickets in a matter of hours? If I was issuing them, it'd be worth it to me to send a process server to your out of state location. Good feeling some of the law enforcement in this state probably thinks the same way.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-08-2009 at 10:30 PM..

Old 09-01-2009, 11:37 AM

9,593 posts, read 31,549,824 times
Quote:
My guess is you were drunk. What were those flashes? I don't suppose anything will come of the tickets since you are a "guest" in our state. But I would like to see you lose your license until you grow up and learn to drive responsibly.
Great point, Ponderosa.

Either drunk or preoccupied with something else . . . maybe a cell phone?

In either case, one must question what else and/or what other alerts were missed completely? Definitely not indicative of a driver paying attention to the surroundings for the safety of others.

Bottom line . . . the higher the speed the more concentration is mandatory.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:09 AM

57 posts, read 157,638 times
Quote:
More cameras!!! Cameras everywhere! Right wing nut jobs need to be WATCHED.

This is not a right wing issue, this is a right, center and left issue. I have driven through red and blue states and it really doesn't matter what your political view. It is a money grab, BUT, if you are breaking the law you have two choices - suck it up and pay or slow it down and obey.
One other comment, I had a friend who decided not to pay because he was out of state, many years later, he is crusing through, gets stopped and gets to visit the local jail until he pays up, so don't chance it, pay the tickets and slow down, and as it was posted earlier, watch the signs, put down the cell phone and be careful.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:22 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,315,621 times
Wow, Lap! Thankfully, you didn't kill any of Arizona's wildlife at 2 am... or did you? There may have been javelina or coyotes while you were buzzing through the desert! Or, pronghorn or deer in the higher elevations! BTW, drivers can be just as safe at 55mph as anyone else, as long as they OBEY THE TRAFFIC SIGNS and recognize what the traffic flow is doing. Pay the tickets. It will be a lesson well learned...

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-08-2009 at 10:33 PM..

Old 10-01-2009, 01:03 PM

3 posts, read 7,007 times
Appearantly freeway camera tickets are quite different from "real" tickets if you scour the chats there are some links to more info, residents
may get some breaks that dont apply to out of staters. You probably should talk to a real lawyer type person on this one before you do anything else.
I don't like a lot of stupid laws, but it is the law and as long as theyre the same for everybody you must obey or pay. I find the ambush inforcement a little slanted against out of staters, I've heard of Radar Speed Cameras and I've heard about Jackalopes, I've never seen either one but people from AZ know all about both. Until one of them actually bites you its hard to believe they exist.
What's that? no I'm not a lawyer.

Last edited by SCalloper; 10-01-2009 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: clarity, Bad info

Old 10-01-2009, 04:14 PM

76 posts, read 258,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
I agree 100%, there are large signs warning drivers of a Photo Enforcement Zone and that is your clue to slow down to the speed limit!

Old 10-07-2009, 05:54 PM

402 posts, read 1,522,041 times
Just ignore them. My sister is a court clerk and the ticket you recieve in the mail isnt a "real" ticket. The law says you have to be physically served with the ticket. If you lived in AZ, they would send out a process server after the 2nd notice, but for out of state, they get thrown out since they have no jusidiction to serve a ticket out of state. Ive been flashed multiple times while visiting family in AZ and never got anything in the mail myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona