Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 05:40 AM

69 posts, read 184,336 times

Advertisements

okay so I'm from california.
a couple weeks ago I went on a road trip to colorado
and just got in the mail a few days ago
apparently on the way back
while I was driving in arizona
I got five different speeding tickets over a span of about five hours
two of them are a minute apart.
I had nooo idea about these cameras
but I just searched this in the forum
so apparently I should just ignore it since I'm out of state?
or if not do you think there's a possiblilty if I call and talk to them they could like reduce the amount of tickets?
thanks for any advice
and yes I know I need to stop speeding
I got a ticket in colorado too
ughhh
I sooo wish I had cruise control it kinda sucks driving halfway across the country without it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 10:27 AM

69 posts, read 224,100 times
Big time, "Sign of the Times"! States are so short of money so they are doing everything to increase income! Unfortunately, gotta do the "slow down thing"!

Old 08-31-2009, 10:31 AM

1,389 posts, read 3,533,639 times
I truly don't want to be rude but - do you watch the signs on the roadways telling you what to do? These cameras are fairly easy to beat if you pay attention and slow down when you see the signs. :P

Old 08-31-2009, 10:33 AM

4,235 posts, read 14,061,889 times
okay, so, like, first thing is stop talking/writing like a valley girl/boy

okay, like, second thing is stop driving like an idiot....

like, third thing, is like look around on the net for ways to beat these photo speed tickets...lots out there.....

Old 08-31-2009, 10:35 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Those cameras should be outlawed. I am so tired of the gov't taking away our freedoms and watching us at every living moment! This needs to stop before we are 100% not free in this country.
More cameras!!! Cameras everywhere! Right wing nut jobs need to be WATCHED.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:38 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Unfortunately, cameras are here to stay. Arizona is expanding the program to the whole state and not just the Phoenix Metro Area. Major cause of traffic accidents is speeding. Next is Drunk Driving. I think you hit upon the solution in your post. Don't speed. Good luck with your tickets.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:45 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Unfortunately, cameras are here to stay. Arizona is expanding the program to the whole state and not just the Phoenix Metro Area. Major cause of traffic accidents is speeding. Next is Drunk Driving. I think you hit upon the solution in your post. Don't speed. Good luck with your tickets.
I thought the expansion was on hold. We need them outside Phoenix maybe more than in Phoenix. I'd like to see a 55 limit and cameras about every 500 feet on I-17 coming down the hill. I am so sick of traffic delays there caused by speeders who have to lane jump and cut others off leading to accidents in their haste to get home two minutes earlier.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:45 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,698,363 times
Good Luck, Lapo

Since you are a Californian, ignoring five tickets may be an option but is it worth the risk?

Who knows what tomorrow may bring? You may want to drive through Arizona again or maybe even live here in the future. Those tickets will remain part of your record and may come back to "bite you in the butt" one of these days.

Also, in addition to your "speeding addiction" . . . obviously you have a problem with paying attention while driving because all of the Speed and Red Light Camera Zones in Arizona are clearly marked in advance. I cannot help but wonder what or who else you may have conveniently missed while driving. Are you also addicted to chatting or texting on your cell phone?

Sorry, absolutely no sympathy here as the next time you are caught speeding could very well involve a major injury or, even worse, a fatal accident. Ignoring or writing a check for that will be much more difficult.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:01 AM

1,389 posts, read 3,533,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Good Luck, Lapo

Since you are a Californian, ignoring five tickets may be an option but is it worth the risk?

Who knows what tomorrow may bring? You may want to drive through Arizona again or maybe even live here in the future. Those tickets will remain part of your record and may come back to "bite you in the butt" one of these days.

Also, in addition to your "speeding addiction" . . . obviously you have a problem with paying attention while driving because all of the Speed and Red Light Camera Zones in Arizona are clearly marked in advance. I cannot help but wonder what or who else you may have conveniently missed while driving. Are you also addicted to chatting or texting on your cell phone?

Sorry, absolutely no sympathy here as the next time you are caught speeding could very well involve a major injury or, even worse, a fatal accident. Ignoring or writing a check for that will be much more difficult.
It is amazing to me how many people get nailed by these things.
"Warning: Traffic laws photo enforced"

That should be enough you know? Slow down!

Old 08-31-2009, 11:24 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,698,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
It is amazing to me how many people get nailed by these things.
"Warning: Traffic laws photo enforced"

That should be enough you know? Slow down!
SIGNS, Chorizo?

Didn't see no stinkin' signs . . . too busy chatting and/or texting or whatever!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona