U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-31-2009, 05:40 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles
69 posts, read 173,176 times
Reputation: 72

Advertisements

okay so I'm from california.
a couple weeks ago I went on a road trip to colorado
and just got in the mail a few days ago
apparently on the way back
while I was driving in arizona
I got five different speeding tickets over a span of about five hours
two of them are a minute apart.
I had nooo idea about these cameras
but I just searched this in the forum
so apparently I should just ignore it since I'm out of state?
or if not do you think there's a possiblilty if I call and talk to them they could like reduce the amount of tickets?
thanks for any advice
and yes I know I need to stop speeding
I got a ticket in colorado too
ughhh
I sooo wish I had cruise control it kinda sucks driving halfway across the country without it
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-31-2009, 10:27 AM
 
Location: California
69 posts, read 198,892 times
Reputation: 165
Big time, "Sign of the Times"! States are so short of money so they are doing everything to increase income! Unfortunately, gotta do the "slow down thing"!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2009, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Tucson, AZ
1,389 posts, read 3,289,438 times
Reputation: 698
I truly don't want to be rude but - do you watch the signs on the roadways telling you what to do? These cameras are fairly easy to beat if you pay attention and slow down when you see the signs. :P
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2009, 10:33 AM
 
4,201 posts, read 12,964,193 times
Reputation: 4178
okay, so, like, first thing is stop talking/writing like a valley girl/boy

okay, like, second thing is stop driving like an idiot....

like, third thing, is like look around on the net for ways to beat these photo speed tickets...lots out there.....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2009, 10:35 AM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert
34,958 posts, read 45,064,308 times
Reputation: 23965
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Those cameras should be outlawed. I am so tired of the gov't taking away our freedoms and watching us at every living moment! This needs to stop before we are 100% not free in this country.
More cameras!!! Cameras everywhere! Right wing nut jobs need to be WATCHED.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2009, 10:38 AM
 
Location: Arizona
13,779 posts, read 8,813,189 times
Reputation: 7485
Unfortunately, cameras are here to stay. Arizona is expanding the program to the whole state and not just the Phoenix Metro Area. Major cause of traffic accidents is speeding. Next is Drunk Driving. I think you hit upon the solution in your post. Don't speed. Good luck with your tickets.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2009, 10:45 AM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert
34,958 posts, read 45,064,308 times
Reputation: 23965
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Unfortunately, cameras are here to stay. Arizona is expanding the program to the whole state and not just the Phoenix Metro Area. Major cause of traffic accidents is speeding. Next is Drunk Driving. I think you hit upon the solution in your post. Don't speed. Good luck with your tickets.
I thought the expansion was on hold. We need them outside Phoenix maybe more than in Phoenix. I'd like to see a 55 limit and cameras about every 500 feet on I-17 coming down the hill. I am so sick of traffic delays there caused by speeders who have to lane jump and cut others off leading to accidents in their haste to get home two minutes earlier.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2009, 10:45 AM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
9,526 posts, read 28,985,580 times
Reputation: 11432
Good Luck, Lapo

Since you are a Californian, ignoring five tickets may be an option but is it worth the risk?

Who knows what tomorrow may bring? You may want to drive through Arizona again or maybe even live here in the future. Those tickets will remain part of your record and may come back to "bite you in the butt" one of these days.

Also, in addition to your "speeding addiction" . . . obviously you have a problem with paying attention while driving because all of the Speed and Red Light Camera Zones in Arizona are clearly marked in advance. I cannot help but wonder what or who else you may have conveniently missed while driving. Are you also addicted to chatting or texting on your cell phone?

Sorry, absolutely no sympathy here as the next time you are caught speeding could very well involve a major injury or, even worse, a fatal accident. Ignoring or writing a check for that will be much more difficult.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2009, 11:01 AM
 
Location: Tucson, AZ
1,389 posts, read 3,289,438 times
Reputation: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Good Luck, Lapo

Since you are a Californian, ignoring five tickets may be an option but is it worth the risk?

Who knows what tomorrow may bring? You may want to drive through Arizona again or maybe even live here in the future. Those tickets will remain part of your record and may come back to "bite you in the butt" one of these days.

Also, in addition to your "speeding addiction" . . . obviously you have a problem with paying attention while driving because all of the Speed and Red Light Camera Zones in Arizona are clearly marked in advance. I cannot help but wonder what or who else you may have conveniently missed while driving. Are you also addicted to chatting or texting on your cell phone?

Sorry, absolutely no sympathy here as the next time you are caught speeding could very well involve a major injury or, even worse, a fatal accident. Ignoring or writing a check for that will be much more difficult.
It is amazing to me how many people get nailed by these things.
"Warning: Traffic laws photo enforced"

That should be enough you know? Slow down!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2009, 11:24 AM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
9,526 posts, read 28,985,580 times
Reputation: 11432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
It is amazing to me how many people get nailed by these things.
"Warning: Traffic laws photo enforced"

That should be enough you know? Slow down!
SIGNS, Chorizo?

Didn't see no stinkin' signs . . . too busy chatting and/or texting or whatever!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top