U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2009, 10:10 PM

5 posts, read 45,557 times

Advertisements

Hi I recently drove from PHX to TUS and spent a week in TUS. I received 2 Photo tickets. I was driving a rental car and I am from Fla. I told the people at Avis and they said the ticket would be forwarded to me when it was received. Well as you can surmise, its been over 2 months and have not received anything from Avis. I would like to pay the tickets if they are out there because i do quite a bit of driving in AZ and dont want to get pulled over for driving on a suspended license. Anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this? Ive tried several people at Avis and the answer is always the same. When we get the ticket you'll get it. I feel pretty confident that they have received this ticket but its lost somewhere in the Avis black hole.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 10:17 PM

18,696 posts, read 38,329,971 times
Its the courts responsibility to notify you. As far as you are concerned, you didn't get any tickets yet. If one does come in finally, write on the envelope the date and time you received it. The courts should be linient enough to except the explanation. I'd still keep calling the car rental agency and checking on it. Call them every couple of weeks. If about 90 days goes by and you haven't heard anything, I'd forget about it.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:23 PM

33,963 posts, read 43,651,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOINAZ View Post
Hi I recently drove from PHX to TUS and spent a week in TUS. I received 2 Photo tickets. I was driving a rental car and I am from Fla. I told the people at Avis and they said the ticket would be forwarded to me when it was received. Well as you can surmise, its been over 2 months and have not received anything from Avis. I would like to pay the tickets if they are out there because i do quite a bit of driving in AZ and dont want to get pulled over for driving on a suspended license. Anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this? Ive tried several people at Avis and the answer is always the same. When we get the ticket you'll get it. I feel pretty confident that they have received this ticket but its lost somewhere in the Avis black hole.
First, how would you know you got a photo ticket if you didn't get them. A flash doesn't mean you will ever see a ticket. Many of the flashes can't be associated with car/driver for one reason or another. As for it getting lost at Avis, forget about it. AZ law requires personal service.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:31 PM

5 posts, read 45,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
First, how would you know you got a photo ticket if you didn't get them. A flash doesn't mean you will ever see a ticket. Many of the flashes can't be associated with car/driver for one reason or another. As for it getting lost at Avis, forget about it. AZ law requires personal service.
Thats a good point. I don't know I received a ticket but I did see the lights flash on both occasions. I just assumed that meant a ticket was issued.

Old 09-12-2009, 02:19 AM

2,897 posts, read 9,572,873 times
Your license cannot be suspended for these citations. Most times the camera goes off the image is unclear, only something like 25% of tickets are actually issued.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:15 AM

57 posts, read 240,041 times
I highly doubt you will even get the tickets. One "trick" drivers can do is if you are a husband and wife then register the car in the name of the one who doesn't drive it most often.

If a clear pic comes to them, the first thing they do is look at the registered name to the car, and if the pic doesn't match up, it is tossed out.

I can't imagine that they would bother with a rental car from a driver clear across the US. It simply isnt cost effecive,,,,, and the photo radar is only a revenue source.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:43 AM

9,506 posts, read 28,327,577 times
Refreshing, as well as impressive, post, JOINAZ!

As already posted by members prior to me, you may not have been the "target" of those flashes and there may not even be a ticket lost in the Avis black hole.

However, considering your very positive approach to this situation, why not write a letter clearly stating your concerns to Avis explaining you MAY have received a Photo Radar Ticket and want to do the right thing?

A copy of your letter will clearly substantiate your good intentions just in case a problem does arise in the future.

Good Luck and I salute you for your honesty and refreshing approach in this matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona