Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 06:21 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverocity View Post
Can anyone who still lives in Hereford please update this thread? Would love to hear from someone who is living there now in 2015. My son is literally on his way to moving there right now. He and his girlfriend are driving cross-country from PA. They stopped in Flagstaff to stay a few days with my son's best friend who moved there several years ago from NC. He loves Flagstaff, but more than a couple people have recently told me that Hereford is bad news. Mexican Drug Cartel and gangs, meth labs, etc. I fear for my son's life. His girlfriend is very attractive, and my son can have a bad temper. I just see bad things in their future if they live there and what I am hearing is true! I'll even go a step further and tell you that they are moving to South Wildhorse Run. That's the name of the street where they'll be staying initially when they get there. Every query I do on Hereford sends me to links on Sierra Vista, which is an hour or so away from Hereford, I think. My son will be working close to Sierra Vista, but their initial home is in Hereford. They will be staying with my son's new boss actually until they can get on their feet and find a home of their own. So do I need to tell them to quickly find a home closer to Sierra Vista and get out of Dodge as quickly as possible? All responses from actual residents of Hereford, or people who know the area well TODAY would be most appreciated!
All that silly stuff is wayyyyyyyyy overblown by folks who have no real experience around here and/or are pushing a political agenda.

Stop worrying. He/she are more likely to be killed in a car accident on their way there than they are to be killed in Hereford.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 01:06 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,697,815 times
Lived there for many years. Stationed at Fort Huachuca too for some time and my wife retired as an Admin officer for the Forest Service in Sierra Vista.
You may find illegals on your property but most are just trying to hide until they are picked up for transportation away from the border. Yes there are drugs in the area being brought in but again not much in the way of troubles for locals.
If you have a HD 4 WD keep an eye on it and they are theft items down there. They will steal them and use them to transport illegals or drugs over the border and by the time you get it back it won't be much after running the open deserts at night.

Old 03-25-2015, 02:28 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,916,078 times
I didn't like living in Hereford/SV, but that's because I didn't like the high dessert, and prefer to live in a town with a main street. You need to calm down. If anything is dangerous, it's putting out his address and live-time location on the internet.

I lived in Hereford for 1.5 years; my close friends, 8 years. My husband's co-worker and our landlord, 20+ years. I have another friend born and raised there and is back. None of these people have had any issues with violence. There are certain proactive things to do, but that is the same with any location. Certainly, I can't just move to Philadelphia and act as I do from my small town in Wisconsin. It's the same.

But most importantly, he is a grown man. He has made a decision and you need to butt out a little. He's going to be just fine.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:14 PM

52 posts, read 91,632 times
Best choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona