U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2009, 10:43 PM

308 posts, read 737,892 times

Advertisements

Just a quick note to say thank you to all the contributors on this forum. As we were doing our homework to see if we wanted to move from upstate NY to Arizona, I would check in to these threads often. All of the questions I could think of had already been asked here, and the answers were very helpful. It is a fairly easy thing to weed out the "whiners" and to get a realistic view of an area. We have been here for 9 days, are all moved in, and have some good job prospects. We see a bright future here in our adopted state! Thanks again.
Rate this post positively

Old 10-01-2009, 10:49 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,179,965 times
I like Sierra Vista a lot. Be sure to check out The Cove. Tombstone is not far away, as are the Katchner Caverns.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:35 AM

9,549 posts, read 29,870,485 times
WELCOME and GOOD LUCK, JAinAZ!

Old 10-02-2009, 11:02 AM

2,916 posts, read 7,922,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAinAZ View Post
Just a quick note to say thank you to all the contributors on this forum. As we were doing our homework to see if we wanted to move from upstate NY to Arizona, I would check in to these threads often. All of the questions I could think of had already been asked here, and the answers were very helpful. It is a fairly easy thing to weed out the "whiners" and to get a realistic view of an area. We have been here for 9 days, are all moved in, and have some good job prospects. We see a bright future here in our adopted state! Thanks again.
How refreshing! Its good to see a post from people who have done their homework, and who recognize the bad apples (whiners), and who will work at being a part of the solution by contributing to their new community.

Welcome to Arizona (Sierra Vista), and if indeed you become unhappy with it all, hey... it happens. You sound like you will at the very least be mature enough to just go quietly about your business and not be one of the "Oh-how-we-hate-Arizona" whiners! Congrats!

Old 10-03-2009, 03:20 AM

227 posts, read 511,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
I like Sierra Vista a lot. Be sure to check out The Cove. Tombstone is not far away, as are the Katchner Caverns.
Yup I agree. Here there are so many outdoor activities as compared to most places. Both history buff and nature lover's paradise.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:19 PM

123 posts, read 306,059 times
stating ones experience is NOT whining. if you like Arizona well whoop dee do, let us kiss your arse. If ya don't like Arizona, what!!!!? You reprobate whiner!

Get over yourselves Arizonans and transplants. people have a right to voice their experiences whether they be positive or negative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona