U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-20-2009, 05:57 AM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,897 posts, read 9,722,506 times
Reputation: 928

Advertisements

We were out at the lake yesterday with some friends on their boat, and we came across this small cove area, which was blocked off like it was private, almost a small little lake.

Anyways, they seemed to be having a private event there, the building had a big grill outside with sand pits and such for horseshoe/volleyball. They also had little electric boats and paddle boats.

Anyoen know what this place is? Can you rent it out for events? Sounds like it would make a fun place for a wedding reception.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-20-2009, 06:33 AM
 
17,841 posts, read 39,675,675 times
Reputation: 10534
Sounds like the Desert Outdoor Center http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/doc/

That part of the lake, according to the park map I found elsewhere, is called Honeymoon Cove.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2009, 07:09 AM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,897 posts, read 9,722,506 times
Reputation: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Sounds like the Desert Outdoor Center http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/doc/

That part of the lake, according to the park map I found elsewhere, is called Honeymoon Cove.
Thanks for the info, that looks a little bigger than what I saw but it has to be it.

I am hoping since it's a city building, it won't be too expensive to rent out for a reception.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2009, 07:35 AM
 
17,841 posts, read 39,675,675 times
Reputation: 10534
Actually, it's a county park, but still government, I'd hope it wouldn't be too pricey. It sounds like it is used for that sort of thing. Pass along what you find out... it might help someone else, too!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2009, 07:45 AM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,897 posts, read 9,722,506 times
Reputation: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Actually, it's a county park, but still government, I'd hope it wouldn't be too pricey. It sounds like it is used for that sort of thing. Pass along what you find out... it might help someone else, too!
I definetly will, I never even knew this place existed until yesterday. I am going to give them a call sometime today to get info and prices.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2009, 04:41 AM
 
Location: Palmer, Alaska
873 posts, read 1,952,186 times
Reputation: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
We were out at the lake yesterday with some friends on their boat, and we came across this small cove area, which was blocked off like it was private, almost a small little lake.

Anyways, they seemed to be having a private event there, the building had a big grill outside with sand pits and such for horseshoe/volleyball. They also had little electric boats and paddle boats.

Anyoen know what this place is? Can you rent it out for events? Sounds like it would make a fun place for a wedding reception.
I too stumbled upon that Memorial Day weekend in 2005. Never knew what it was.

It is not Honeymoon cove, which a more known term for that is called Humbug Cove. Unless there is just more party coves than I am aware of.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2009, 05:14 AM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,897 posts, read 9,722,506 times
Reputation: 928
I gave them a call, and the lady I talked to was a little rude and said the prices are posted online, and she was right. They want like $16/person for the whole day, I could rent out a hotel for cheaper than that!

Cool place though.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2009, 06:02 AM
 
Location: Palmer, Alaska
873 posts, read 1,952,186 times
Reputation: 685
A hotel cheaper than $16 per person? What kind of hotels do you go to? That sounds like a great deal to me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2009, 06:04 AM
 
17,841 posts, read 39,675,675 times
Reputation: 10534
Quote:
Originally Posted by azbatman86 View Post
It is not Honeymoon cove, which a more known term for that is called Humbug Cove. Unless there is just more party coves than I am aware of.
I looked at the official map, and Honeymoon Cove what they call the cove where this facility is.

Karma, sorry it didn't work out. I've never heard of a place like that charging by the person. Too bad.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2009, 06:16 AM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,897 posts, read 9,722,506 times
Reputation: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
I looked at the official map, and Honeymoon Cove what they call the cove where this facility is.

Karma, sorry it didn't work out. I've never heard of a place like that charging by the person. Too bad.
Yeah, I was hoping for something more negotiable. I might try back in a few days to see if I can get someone else to answer.

The prices she refered me too seem like it's more for school type events, but she said those are the prices?

Parks & Recreation - Maricopa County

Full Day Use is $16/person, and you're kicked out at midnight unless you want the $36/person overnight charge. Plus they want $100 to use the kitchen.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top