Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 05:32 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,325,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwideopenskyx View Post
Michigan's unemployment rate ------> 15.1% Arizona's unemployment rate -------> 9.3%Monster job postings quantity in the last 30 daysetroit ------->1493Phoenix ------>2216Newsflash --- all of the states are doing better than Michigan.
While an unemployment rate of 15.1% is not something to be proud of, the fact of the matter is, that means that 85% of the population is still working. Working at good jobs, too. There are many beautiful areas even in the Detroit area where homes cost millions of dollars and rival anything that Flagstaff or Paradise Valley have to offer. Check it out on a real estate site if you don't believe me. And I won't even get into the gorgeous lakefront properties, both inland and coastal. You have the red rock of Sedona, we have the gorgeous blue expanse of four Great Lakes and sand dunes on the shore. Where you may see beauty, I may see ugly, and vice versa. Why don't we stop picking on each other and playing the "whose state is in worse shape" game? How about this: some people love AZ, some people prefer the Midwest. and...neither of them is "wrong"!!!

Old 11-26-2009, 08:13 AM

314 posts, read 925,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
While an unemployment rate of 15.1% is not something to be proud of, the fact of the matter is, that means that 85% of the population is still working. Working at good jobs, too. There are many beautiful areas even in the Detroit area where homes cost millions of dollars and rival anything that Flagstaff or Paradise Valley have to offer. Check it out on a real estate site if you don't believe me. And I won't even get into the gorgeous lakefront properties, both inland and coastal. You have the red rock of Sedona, we have the gorgeous blue expanse of four Great Lakes and sand dunes on the shore. Where you may see beauty, I may see ugly, and vice versa. Why don't we stop picking on each other and playing the "whose state is in worse shape" game? How about this: some people love AZ, some people prefer the Midwest. and...neither of them is "wrong"!!!
Great points!
I live in one of the "prettier" areas of AZ, but I DO miss having large expanses of water nearby. Michigan is absolutely beautiful in many areas, as is AZ. Since both states each have their own beauty, I chose where to live based on climate. 200 days of overcast skies per year is something I DON'T miss at all.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:20 AM

1,012 posts, read 2,563,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esenjay View Post
He didn't say Indiana unemployment is less than Arizona unemployment. Read it again. He said the jobs he could interview for were offering less than what he could've made by collecting unemployment in Arizona. So, the job market is tough for him in Indiana. Comprende, amigo?
the job market is tough and competitive everywhere! Comprende, amigo??

Old 11-26-2009, 11:40 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,428,065 times
I used to live in Michigan, Phoenix will NEVER compare.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:55 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,358,606 times
Seriously? Another "my state is better than your state" thread?

Old 11-27-2009, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
I used to live in Michigan, Phoenix will NEVER compare.
aint that the living truth! I moved here from MI in 2005 and absolutely HATE it here!!! I cant wait to get back to the Midwest. It aint nearly so bad after all by any means.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:20 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,173,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock1dk View Post
aint that the living truth! I moved here from MI in 2005 and absolutely HATE it here!!! I cant wait to get back to the Midwest. It aint nearly so bad after all by any means.
Then what is stopping you from leave Az and returning home? As it is; there many folks living in Michigan who would to skiddaddle from there to warm and sunny Az.

Old 11-27-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Then what is stopping you from leave Az and returning home? As it is; there many folks living in Michigan who would to skiddaddle from there to warm and sunny Az.
Wrong, dear boy. They are going to Florida. Besides, they may be moving here (preciosuly) but they leave within a few years, when they see how horrible AZ is. Thats a fact. They come, but dont stay. Why should they? Its not like there's jobs or anything.

Old 11-27-2009, 04:47 PM

314 posts, read 925,138 times
Quote:
I moved here from MI in 2005 and absolutely HATE it here!!! I cant wait to get back to the Midwest. It aint nearly so bad after all by any means.
Head on back to Michigan then. It should be REAL easy to find a house there...

Old 11-27-2009, 05:55 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,173,365 times
Quote:
Wrong, dear boy. They are going to Florida. Besides, they may be moving here (preciosuly) but they leave within a few years, when they see how horrible AZ is. Thats a fact. They come, but dont stay. Why should they? Its not like there's jobs or anything.
Funny: I have lived in Arizona AKA the 'ugly desert' for 20 years* and still have no desire to live back east----------and, I was born/raised in a '4 season' climate. As for Florida; I was there for a day last month (family emergency) and was ready to leave that state once I stepped out of the airplane.

* a few months in Springfield, Or (1990) and was soooo glad to leave that place. Too green and cold for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona