Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 01:38 PM

20 posts, read 39,969 times

Advertisements

I need to purchase a firearm (someone broke into my apt).

I have an out-of-state DL and I wanted to know if I could get a DL or an ID under my AZ address without filing residency here... I'm just here for school.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 04:27 PM

260 posts, read 511,649 times
In my opinion, the best thing for protection is white geese. A gun is only good when you are home, when you are not home, the gun will not going to protect your property. And dogs are not very reliable,the burgler can feed the dogs,and steal everything.A lot of people now keep geese for protection, and they are good. I was driving on a country road, and a farmer had 3 geese out on the road and as I slowed down the car, the 3 geese attacked my car,and I had to back up and turn around, later I checked the car for damage, but there was no dent to my surprise.

Old 12-06-2009, 04:57 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesmoses View Post
In my opinion, the best thing for protection is white geese. A gun is only good when you are home, when you are not home, the gun will not going to protect your property. And dogs are not very reliable,the burgler can feed the dogs,and steal everything.A lot of people now keep geese for protection, and they are good. I was driving on a country road, and a farmer had 3 geese out on the road and as I slowed down the car, the 3 geese attacked my car,and I had to back up and turn around, later I checked the car for damage, but there was no dent to my surprise.
A goose would not be practical or humane in an apartment..............moreover; there is that thing called zoning laws and/or possibly HOA's since honkers are considered to be livestock.

Old 12-06-2009, 06:04 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,355,517 times
I have a good friend here whose from out of state and has an AZ walker's ID. It's worked for several years and he can buy guns with it.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:57 PM

Please! More info on how to acquire this holy graile!

Old 12-06-2009, 08:39 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,698,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
A goose would not be practical or humane in an apartment..............moreover; there is that thing called zoning laws and/or possibly HOA's since honkers are considered to be livestock.
Not only that, AB . . . but those buggers get up at the crack of dawn and expect the rest of the world to get up with them.

I know as I had a pet Goose as a kid and, yes, he was definitely more and better protection than a Pit Bull but he sure loved sunrise.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:58 PM

47 posts, read 214,666 times
Here you can find the facts on acquiring an AZ ID card:
How to Apply for an Arizona Identification Card | MVD

However, it is possible to get a gun without an ID but you might be dealing with some crazy character. Used to be all kinds of 'gun shows' at which you could 'cash and carry' but then you don't know what that gun has been doing. Could be a murder weapon for all you know.
How about a cross bow? Very deadly, and silent. Some of them are reasonably compact as well.
A good way to protect your apartment when you are not there is a surveilance system.
If you do a search on 'Security Camera' you will find out about the systems.
There are systems that can detect motion and activate a tracking camera which can then dial your cell phone and display the image on your phone. At that point you can inform the police of the situation and give a description of the perp. The systems can also enable you to talk via your cell phone through a speaker and warn the intruder that he is BUSTED!

Old 12-06-2009, 09:17 PM

I know all about surveillance, my home in SoCal has a 4 channel with motion and upto 6 months storage... If I had the cash flow, i'd get a system, my buddy might hook me up through Best Buy.

Never heard of the cell phone stuff though.

As for the bow... I'd rather knock the dude dead, I'm not getting sued for defending myself.

I was also going to just buy the weapon at a pawn shop anyway. A short shotgun preferably.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:29 PM

47 posts, read 214,666 times
Cool. Then it might be a good idea to get a street piece. Don't ever touch it. Keep it in a bag of some kind and hidden away real good. Then if you have to blow some fools head off, you get out the street piece, slip it into his dead hand and you're good. No questions asked, perp likely has a record, is messed up on dope, holding a stolen weapon. You might even get a reward. LOL

Old 12-07-2009, 05:02 AM

260 posts, read 511,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I agree with you AriznaBear, it would not be very practical to keep a goose in an apartment, you would have to live in a country on a farm. In the city ,the best thing is to get a good alarm system for 24/7 protection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona