Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 06:25 PM

10 posts, read 12,358 times

Advertisements

I'm single. I like safe, cleaeaeaeaean, nice, museums, malls, national parks, modern theater, and wonderful city. I got several offers in several companies.
Therefore, I want you guys to help me and put city in order.
Austin TX, Flagstaff AZ, Aspen CO, San Antonio TX,Temp AZ, Mesa AZ.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:05 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,877,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by al3an View Post
I'm single. I like safe, cleaeaeaeaean, nice, museums, malls, national parks, modern theater, and wonderful city. I got several offers in several companies.
Therefore, I want you guys to help me and put city in order.
Austin TX, Flagstaff AZ, Aspen CO, San Antonio TX,Temp AZ, Mesa AZ.
If you go anywhere with expectations above your budget, you will probably be disappointed. You can ask for everything, but what does it take to get it...my guess is you will probably never be happy... You put out 3 states, all varying, and 6 cities, all varying in amenities and very vast for your dollar with your new job....I would say first pick the best job, then go for temporary home until you figure out what you want in that area, or go to the next best job and do the same, or vice-versa...your choice...

Old 11-21-2009, 09:30 AM

13,239 posts, read 21,865,100 times
Well in this post you said you wanted to live some place cool, and not too hot: //www.city-data.com/forum/10684268-post1.html

Based on that, you can rule out Tempe and Mesa, AZ.

BTW, you also said this in that same thread: "The problem is my visa. It is F1 which means I can't get a job outside the campus of the University and most of times it's impossible to get a job in the campus."

Just curious, but how did you resolve that problem?

Old 11-21-2009, 09:46 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,428,065 times
Mesa should be at the bottom of that list, it does not have anything you're looking for.

Tempe is near downtown, which has most of the mueseums and theater, along with Scottsdale which also has some theater.

Flagstaff is cold and it snows up there, nothing like Tempe/Mesa, the cost of living is extreme, most of the jobs are reatail based and filled by college students.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:49 AM

10 posts, read 12,358 times
It doesn't matter how much the coast of living. The matter is how nice, cleaeaeaeaean, cafe outdoor, museums, malls, national parks, modern theater, wonderful city.

Kdog::
2 months every thing is change.

[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 11-21-2009, 09:57 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,428,065 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter how much the coast of living. The matter is how nice, cleaeaeaeaean, cafe outdoor, museums, malls, national parks, modern theater, wonderful city.

[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
You won't find that in AZ, sorry.

There are a ton of National Parks within a short drive from Phoenix (1-2 hours) but for the most part it's a boring city.

Phoenix/Tempe/Mesa is anything but clean, littering seems to be second nature to some people, and the lower income areas are an eyesore.

If you enjoy outdoor cafes there are a few around ASU, but the economy has hit hard in that area.

I think Aspen, CO would be a better fit IMO but I have only visited there a few times for snowboarding.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:25 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,472,793 times
There are outdoor cafes all over the Valley. And, while we've all seen litter, I think it is a gross overstatement to give the impression that Phoenix, Mesa, Tempe are not as "clean" as other cities their size. I don't think this OP is going to be spending much time anywhere near the lower income areas, since cost of living is not an issue.

The fact is, if you are looking for a CITY in Arizona, with malls, museums, theatre and the other things you mention, you are looking at metro Phoenix (which includes Mesa and Tempe) I don't know a lot about San Antonio or Austin, have only been to SA once, and never to Austin.

If you don't want too hot a place, as you said in the other thread, then Phoenix metro is not for you. I don't think Flagstaff will offer you all the culture you are looking for, though the scenery is pretty. SA and Austin can be warm in the summer too, and if you are looking for "mountains" as you stated in the other thread, those places don't have them.

Aspen CO is hardly a "city" - I don't think it would meet your criteria in most respects. Denver, if you are talking Colorado, makes more sense.

Have you visited any of these places yourself? I'd be planning a trip soon, if you have not. It is very difficult to get a sense of a place so that you can COMPARE one with another. and decide where is the best place for YOU without going there and seeing for yourself. Anonymous internet postings are not the most reliable source. In your other thread, you said you liked the eastern US cities better, did not like LA... so, why the shift west?

National parks in close proximity to large cities are relatively uncommon, but we have them (and national forests) within a reasonable drive from Phoenix.

Last edited by observer53; 11-21-2009 at 10:34 AM..

Old 11-21-2009, 12:47 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,563,172 times
Thats a very lousy selection for what you want--everything. None of the above.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:47 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,962,325 times
Quote:

[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
I guess I am not as culturally diverse as most folks, but what the heck is
"cleaeaeaeaean"?????

Old 12-03-2009, 07:34 AM

136 posts, read 424,455 times
Just forget Arizona ,it is the desert that provides long life to all sorts of bugs and if that does not get you beleive me the dust will.I would do Aspen as it is the cleaner than Arizona!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona