U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 10:21 AM

10,494 posts, read 25,146,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
They are unoccupied since someone shot, and killed, the vans operator.
Yep, I remember that. An innocent man was murdered over these cameras. That alone should have been enough to remove them from the highways.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 12:54 PM

17,575 posts, read 22,930,885 times
[orphaned quote [/mod]]

Moderator cut: off topic . Last time I got nailed was during a blizzard at a construction site by Picacho Peak. Then sign had blown down and you couldn't see the site until you were on it. Flash!!!! 77 in a 55.

We still need a propostion banning them

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 02-05-2010 at 01:03 PM..

Old 02-05-2010, 12:58 PM

25,106 posts, read 37,167,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Here I thought the supporters of the Cameras were members of Sherriff Joe's brownshirts. Last time I got nailed was during a blizzard at a construction site by Picacho Peak. Then sign had blown down and you couldn't see the site until you were on it. Flash!!!! 77 in a 55.

We still need a propostion banning them

THE supporter was Janet Napalitano - Arpaio had nothing whatsoever to do with it

Moderator cut: orphaned part of post

Old 02-05-2010, 01:17 PM

19,857 posts, read 61,809,579 times
Please keep to the topic of the cameras may be coming down - don't wander off into speculating about age or type of politics a person miught have. Way off topic!

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:56 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,337,308 times
I don't know how I feel about the camera's. In one way I don't like them, especially the speed-trap-like "hey look, the speed limit just went down to 55MPH! OH LOOK, CAMERA!!! FLASH!!!! nonsense.

I do like that there are less people trying to tailgate the crap out of you in the far right and middle lanes and that you don't see nearly as many flying 20-30 mph over the speed limit and cutting in and out of lanes like crazy.

If they can set the camera's to where they are simply catching the real high speed(15mph+) individuals and NOT recording everyone then throwing the book at them, even as a young person in his late 20s, I'd be fine with that.

Old 02-05-2010, 04:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,678 times
Default Photo Radar companies operating with out private eye licenses- tickets are invalide per the fed gov requirements

It was brought to my attention that Redflex and the other photo radar companies operating the traffic camaras are breaking the federal law when they provide a ticket (private investigative services) to the city courts. Per the federal governments guidelines any company that provides "private investigative services" or Photo radar tickets has to be a licensed private investigative company with a current license....I looked into it, and none of the photo radar companies operating in Arizona have a private investigagtive license....Redflex has no applications on file so it is reasonable to assume that all the tickets-- if contested, are not legal documents that could be used by the city in prosecuting any photo radar tickets....
Any reasonable court system (not the city of Scottsdale) will recognize that it is a waste of money and not legal.....The city of scottsdale has taken the law and twisted it to benifit them, screw the citizens, waste the tax payers money and break the federal laws...

Re: you get a photo radar ticket in the mail--not a legal document-at this time (court has to prove that you recieved the ticket- Fed & Az state law indicated regular mail is not legal delivery)....thats why they Personally deliver it via a Process Server....they wait 90 days...then process serve you at the mailing address....if that doesnt work/unseccessful.. the city takes it to the next illigal level and goes back to the city attorney and requests "alternative delivery services" which of course is approved by the city prosecuter and judge-despit the fact that "alternative delivery services" mearly means i am going to send the same ticket to you via regular mail with no delivery confirmation and trespass on your property to post the ticket on your front door---once again breaking the fed & AZ laws...however this time they consider the regular mail as delivered and case closed....they then default you in the court and suspend your drivers license..... all without ever actually delivering the ticket to a live person....Fed laws once again indicates that a court can not default you regaurding a ticket/alligation without your opportunity to fight/appear in court.............yep happened to me and i am going to superior court next month to fight the ticket--I never recieved the ticket/ was never correctly prosessed served and didnt know about my ticket untill i had already had a default judgement in the city of scottsdale. I was pulled over, ticketed for driving on a suspended license/ they impounded my car and drivers license and left me on the side of the road left wondering what just happened......... hope this helps....????

Old 02-05-2010, 06:19 PM

17,575 posts, read 22,930,885 times
The trick with Red Light cameras is making the yellow shorter so you can't possibly stop safely. One city made them 2 seconds longer and cut their accident rate in half, yet no one considers that. it's the money

Old 04-01-2010, 01:00 AM

5 posts, read 10,761 times
Default Anyone receive a photo radar ticket on 120th and Shea blvd on 3/15/2010

My husband received a photo radar ticket at 7:29 am on March 15, 2010 on Shea Blvd and 120th street and knows that he was not speeding. Has anyone else received a ticket for speeding around this date? If so was the ticket speed accurate?
HELP. Need ammunition to fight ticket.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:18 AM

977 posts, read 1,805,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
I don't know how I feel about the camera's. In one way I don't like them, especially the speed-trap-like "hey look, the speed limit just went down to 55MPH! OH LOOK, CAMERA!!! FLASH!!!! nonsense.

If they can set the camera's to where they are simply catching the real high speed(15mph+) individuals and NOT recording everyone then throwing the book at them, even as a young person in his late 20s, I'd be fine with that.
They give you a half-mile and a 300 ft warning that there are cameras ahead. They don't just "pop up."

The cameras also only ticket vehicles going over 10MPH over the limit. Not sure what good raising that threshold to 15MPH would be, unless you prefer to use the +10 to +15 range specifically.

Finally, please learn how to pluralize the word camera.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:53 AM

9,529 posts, read 29,160,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
They give you a half-mile and a 300 ft warning that there are cameras ahead. They don't just "pop up."

The cameras also only ticket vehicles going over 10MPH over the limit. Not sure what good raising that threshold to 15MPH would be, unless you prefer to use the +10 to +15 range specifically.

Finally, please learn how to pluralize the word camera.
Good point, Cyborg.

Raise the "grace" limit . . . then the crazies will be asking for a +20.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona