Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 02:07 AM

1 posts, read 11,658 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone I have lived in Utah my whole life, I am 25 and have a couple friends who live in old scottsdale and want me to come down. I eventually want to live somewhere in AZ. My First and biggest concern is Safety for my kids, which town would offer that? My second concern is Luxury homes... $2-$20 million dollar holmes to be specific. I work with Luxury Properties and was hoping to find a place safe that was close to these types of homes. Where should I live...... thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 03:09 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,659,244 times
Anywhere in the NE Valley from Paradise Valley to Scottsdale/North Scottsdale to Fountain Hills to Carefree are where the most prestigious homes and neighborhoods are in these areas and are all "lumped" together in the urban sprawl as you will see on the map below. You have an immense area to work with in regard to finding a safe place as your friends may have already pointed out.

Popular places to live in Scottsdale, Phoenix, Fountain Hills and Paradise Valley

Old 05-29-2007, 08:44 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,178,790 times
If you want a town that ONLY has million dollar homes, go to Paradise Valley. They start at 1mill and go up to 35mil. It's a beautiful place to be and so convenient to other areas. North Scottsdale would probably be second choice, but you will have a lot of homes that are not as expensive all around. Stick with PV.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:57 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,715,630 times
I second that. Paradise Valley is a millionaires-only type of town. Very beautiful, very expensive, and very sought after. Two other expensive yet less-expensive areas are North Scottsdale and Carefree. Fountain Hills is also up there.

Old 05-29-2007, 01:02 PM

575 posts, read 1,779,542 times
Funny thing... I was looking up statistics for a marketing research report recently and zip code 85308 came up as the wealthiest overall. That's actually Glendale folks.

Granted there is defintely money in Scottsdale, PV, FH, Carefree, etc, etc. but if you want concentration of wealth in one area don't overlook some of the less pretentious parts of town.

Old 05-29-2007, 02:03 PM

149 posts, read 534,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
Funny thing... I was looking up statistics for a marketing research report recently and zip code 85308 came up as the wealthiest overall. That's actually Glendale folks.

Granted there is defintely money in Scottsdale, PV, FH, Carefree, etc, etc. but if you want concentration of wealth in one area don't overlook some of the less pretentious parts of town.
My reply does not have anything to do with the original post but I'm interested in the marketing research report you're referring to.

Could you provide a reference to this report? Is there a URL for it? I'm very interested to see.

I don't know about PV and Carefree but I have not met a single pretentious person in Fountain Hills and I have lived here for 3-4 years now. I have met a few of those in N. Scottsdale while we were renting a house in a guard-gated community there.

Old 05-29-2007, 02:04 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,178,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom View Post

Yeah, we talk a lot about north Glendale as being very wealthy. Arrowhead Ranch or Lakes to be exact for the zip.

I change my second vote to the Biltmore area. The Biltmore Estates are ALL multi-million dollar homes. VERY NICE!!!

Old 05-29-2007, 02:40 PM

575 posts, read 1,779,542 times
Sorry, I didn't save all my research nor did I keep a copy of the report, but a quick google search turned up a couple of references.

Here's a recent one rom 5 news. Looks like some of the wealthiest areas also have more than their fair share of parolees.

5 Investigates Parolees On Valley Streets

POSTED: 8:58 am PDT May 11, 2007
UPDATED: 12:46 pm PDT May 11, 2007

"Glendale ZIP code 85308 has the most millionaires of any ZIP in the Valley"

Here's an older reference from an article on azcentral.com:

Last major project in Arrowhead area
44-acre area designed for residential

Maura J. Halpern
Arizona Business Gazette
Jun. 8, 2006 12:00 AM

"Arrowhead, named for the citrus ranch that once dominated the 7-square-mile area, has emerged as one of the Valley's most affluent communities.

In fact, a 2001 survey indicated that the area's 85308 ZIP code had more millionaires (1,011) than any other in the Valley."

Old 05-29-2007, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
If you want a town that ONLY has million dollar homes, go to Paradise Valley. They start at 1mill and go up to 35mil. It's a beautiful place to be and so convenient to other areas. North Scottsdale would probably be second choice, but you will have a lot of homes that are not as expensive all around. Stick with PV.
Wow, up to $35mil?? I did not know that. I knew it was up there - but I did not know it was "up there" if you know what I mean...

He is looking to move near the wealthiest areas, or into one? If he is looking to move near them - he has tons of options on where to live.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNeedle View Post
My reply does not have anything to do with the original post but I'm interested in the marketing research report you're referring to.

Could you provide a reference to this report? Is there a URL for it? I'm very interested to see.

I don't know about PV and Carefree but I have not met a single pretentious person in Fountain Hills and I have lived here for 3-4 years now. I have met a few of those in N. Scottsdale while we were renting a house in a guard-gated community there.
I live in Firerock CC in Fountain Hills and I can name several offhand just in this development alone. I have been here since the 70's and FH is full of them. In the last 4-7 years, FH has been getting quite the snooty rep as more and more money moves in. Neighbors have been trying to outdo each other in this community for as long as I can remember. Certain select neighborhoods in FH will not be subjected to it and you're not exactly going to be subjected to it by hanging out at the Alamo, Taphouse or the sports bar (Brunos) at the old bowling alley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona